Learning how to find friends on Spotify can be handy for any user, regardless of age.
So, we thought about explaining how to add friends on Spotify without Facebook. We explain it in the simplest possible methods so even a novice can understand it.
You may follow your friends on Spotify apart from sharing your music. You can not only find out what kind of songs they prefer and listen to repeatedly. However, it is also possible to keep monitoring the songs they’re listening to right now.
Furthermore, you may follow all of your favorite musicians and remain up to date. We’ll teach the method of adding friends apart from your favorite artists to Spotify on all devices. We’ll also address any queries you may have about the app.
Let’s Learn How to Find Friends on Spotify
A few easy steps are all that are required to add your friends to Spotify. Whether it’s your own or one of your friends, all you require is nothing but a username.
Spotify usernames are frequently a jumbled string of letters and digits. As soon as you register an account, the username is allocated to you and cannot be altered.
However, you may modify the display name. In fact, that is the name that your friends can see when they start to follow you.
Using a randomized string of words as a username makes it difficult to remember. How do you locate yours? Follow the instructions below to figure out how to find friends on Spotify.
Besides, here are the top Spotify alternative apps for your reference.
1. Launch Spotify.
2. Look at your screen’s settings by clicking on the gear-like icon in the upper right-hand corner.
3. Go to “Menu” and then select Account.
4. In this section, you’ll find your username, email address & subscription details.
5. Your username is visible only to you.
If you wish to follow a friend, be sure to request them to do so by following these steps.
How to Find Friends on Spotify using a PC?
You have two options if you choose to listen to music from your computer. Alternatively, you may view the app using Spotify’s Web Player. To add friends, you’ll need to use its desktop app.
Mentioned below is how to do that.
- Go to Spotify.
- Go to the homepage if you haven’t already done so.
- Launch the top section of the screen and type in the search bar.
- Enter “spotify:user:username.” Please note that you should enter your buddy’s username.
- As a reminder, usernames must be lowercase.
- Open the respective profile of your buddy after you discover them.
- Select “Follow” from the menu that appears.
That is the sum total of the matter. You should be aware that the individual you added will not be notified that you are following them.
One of Spotify’s most fascinating features is the opportunity to see what your friends are listening to. To the right side of the screen, you’ll see a list of the music your friends are listening to. Remember that it is possible to see your friends’ activities on Spotify’s desktop app.
One of the best ways to find new music is through Spotify. Also, you may save a track or playlist from a friend’s account so that it appears on your own. And that’s how to find friends on Spotify using a PC.
How to Add Friends on Spotify Without Facebook on an Android Device?
Are you an Android user and wondering how to add friends on Spotify without Facebook? If so, this part of the article is for you.
1. Launch the app. Log in so you can proceed.
2. Now, tap on the option called “Search.”
3. Enter the text “spotify:user:username.” After that, you should enter the username of the friend properly.
4. When the profile is launched, tap the “Follow” option.
How to Add Friends on Spotify Without Facebook for iPhones
On iPhones, here are the steps.
1. Open the app and log in.
2. Go to “Search.”
3. Then, enter “spotify:user:username” and the respective username.
4. Tap on the “Follow” button related to the name of the respective account.
Following an Artist on the Spotify Platform
In fact, following an artist on the Spotify platform is a very simple process compared to adding a friend. Mentioned below is how to do it.
1. First, you should open Spotify and choose search. It is located “Search Bar.”
2. Enter the respective artist’s name.
3. Tap on the profile so you can follow them.
There’s absolutely no limit when it comes to following artists. As a result of the following, you will get notifications when releasing a song or an album.
In that case, you are the first user to listen to those specific songs.
How to Add Friends to Spotify Using Facebook?
You will have a much simpler time adding a buddy to Spotify if they already have a Facebook profile. On a PC, follow these steps:
1. Open your Spotify desktop client.
2. Click on the icon labeled Menu and choose Settings.
3. Locate and select “Connect to Facebook” on the Facebook page that appears after scrolling down.
4. If you have not previously done so, Spotify will prompt you to do so.
5. Find your friends by clicking on the option “Find Friend,” located in the Friend Activity window.
6. You’ll see a list of all of those Facebook friends who also use Spotify in a pop-up window.
7. Decide one of them you’d want to keep up with.
8. Follow all if you wish to follow every artist at the same time.
That’s basically it. Your Facebook friends are successfully added now.
Let’s learn how to do it using a Facebook account on your phone.
1. Go to the Settings app on Spotify.
2. You should go to the profile and select the three-dotted icon. It is located on top.
3. Go to “Find Friends.”
4. Then, Connect to Facebook.
5. You can either follow all of them at one time or add them one by one.
Remove Friends from Spotify with These Steps
Now that you know how to add friends on Spotify without Facebook. Let’s learn how to reverse it. Following are the steps.
- Open the Spotify application.
- Go to the profile and locate the individual you intend to remove from your friend list.
- Open the profile.
- Once you have done that, click “Following” so it will change into the option called “Follow.”
- This necessarily means that the respective user has been removed.
Note: You may also look for them in the Friend Activity tab, which lists all of their recent activities.
Here’s how to stop someone from following you on the phone:
- The first step is to launch the app.
- In the Settings menu, select View profile.
- Tap on the name of the individual you wish to eliminate.
- Tap the option called “Following” on the profile page.
- It will immediately switch to the option “follow.”
Turning on the Friend Activity’s Pane
You can see what your friends are playing right now on this part of Spotify. If it doesn’t appear on its “Home” page, you should perform as follows:
- Open Spotify on your computer.
- Setup is as simple as going to the Settings menu.
- Display choices can be found by searching.
- Show Friends Activity is now enabled by default.
- There’s nothing else to say. Friend Activity may only be used while you are still connected to your computer.
Assume that your Friend’s Activity is still not visible. In that case, you should check the size of your desktop window. For that respective pane to show, it should be at least 1190 pixels in width.
Finding Friends on Spotify Without Using Facebook
Assume that you intend to add people who don’t already have an FB account. In that case, the username approach described at the outset of this article can be used. When searching for a user, use “spotify:user: username” in its search field.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Method of Adding Members of My Family to a Spotify Account on my iPhone?
Members of the same family can create a single “Family” account. As long as all family members’ accounts are on Spotify Premium, this is doable.
- The account has a maximum of six subscribers.
- All of the group’s members share a residence.
A Spotify Family subscription comes with a slew of extra features and possibilities. There is just one individual who has to pay for the family’s Spotify account. Also, the same person is the one who made the family sign up for the respective account together.
Here are the steps to adding more members of the family to the joint account:
- On your browser, go to this link.
- Log in to the Spotify account if you have one.
- Select Account from the drop-down menu under Settings.
- Find a solution to your problem. Organize the option called Family accounts.
- You can press the option called “Manage.”
- Select Send Invitation from the menu bar.
- To invite a friend, provide the person’s name, surname, and email address.
- It will be easily added to the respective Family account after they accept the email invitation.
It should be noted that the Family profile can only be managed on a desktop. After that, just the individual person who joined the profile can add more members.
Well, Spotify does not permit the usage of a single account by more than one person. If two persons use the same login to listen to music, one of them will be disconnected instantly. There are, however, two ways to get around this issue.
In the first place, you’ll want to sign up for the joint Family account, which we talked about before. The offline option, a Premium function, is another alternative.
The tracks you downloaded from Spotify will continue to play even if the Wi-Fi is turned off. Spotify won’t be able to trace this behavior because there isn’t any internet connection.
Spotify now lets you enjoy music with your pals, no matter where you are. So, you’ve learned the way of connecting and deleting friends.
Also, we explain how to share the profile, follow artists, and many other techniques. So, if you have other questions on how to find friends on Spotify, please let us know.