Netflix has a lot of shows to watch and just as many movies, including their Netflix originals.
Even after just one week of watching Netflix, there’s a high chance you’ll have a handful of shows on your “Continue Watching” list.
With this feature, you can exit Netflix and return to it later without losing your place. So if you start watching a movie and have to do chores, you can pick up from where you left off afterward.
Some shows are too good just to watch once thought – you might want to watch a series from the beginning. So, how to delete Continue Watching on Netflix?
Don’t get us wrong; this is a fantastic feature. However, if you want to start a TV show from the first episode, there’s no feature available specifically for removing it from your “Continue Watching” list.
We’ll explain the tricks to clear this list and remove shows and movies from it.
Reasons to Clear the “Continue Watching” List
Below are the most common reasons for users to learn how to delete ‘Continue Watching’ on Netflix.
- Watching a Show from Episode One. The top reason users have is that they want to watch a show from the beginning. When you watch a TV show on Netflix and get to the final episode, it often glitches and doesn’t appear that you have finished watching. This becomes a problem because even if you watch episode one again, your continued watching list will only show the final episode. Clearing the list is the only way to resolve this.
- Someone Else Uses Your Netflix Account. Maybe you have a friend who borrows your Netflix account, or perhaps you share it with your family. Even though Netflix has a sub-account feature, not everyone uses it. So, if you want to watch something another person already has, you’ll have to clear the list.
- Your “Continue Watching” List it Too Long. Netflix hosts hundreds of movies and TV shows. Even if you just watch a single episode of a TV show, it will be stuck on continue watching. Unfortunately, you can’t remove it with ease, and you’ll have to delete it with one of our methods.
- You Finished Watching It. As we said before, a common Netflix glitch is that shows you finish watching don’t remove themselves from your list. It can be irritating if you have a long list of things you actually did finish watching.
So, there are a handful of reasons for knowing how to clear items from continuing to watch on Netflix. Whatever your reason, the solutions we have for you will do the job.
Besides, should you need to know everything about how to fix Netflix not loading? Just read more.
Method #1 – How to Delete Continue Watching on Netflix by Deleting Your Viewing Activity
First, you can try deleting your viewing activity. This resets your Netflix account’s history, including the things you’ve watched and are in the middle of watching.
Depending on whether you’re accessing Netflix on a PC or mobile device, you’ll have to use different steps.
How to Delete Viewing Activity on Browser
For those Netflix subscribers who watch from a browser on their computer, it’s easy to delete your viewing activity. Follow the steps below to do so.
#1 – Go to Netflix.com and sign in with your account information.
#2 – At the top-right of your browser, click on the arrow next to your profile.
#3 – A drop-down menu will appear, and you must click on “Account.”
#4 – Locate and select the “Viewing activity” option on the next page.
#5 – All the movies and episodes on the list will appear. Go through the list and click the remove icon next to each title.
Even if you don’t have the Netflix app on your smartphone, you can use these steps on a browser app. Either way, this is how to delete ‘Continue Watching’ on Netflix. Doing this on the mobile app is slightly different.
If you are experiencing the TVQ-Details-Menu-100 error on Netflix, here are the top solutions for you.
How to Delete Viewing Activity on Mobile
Netflix’s mobile app allows you to watch movies and TV shows on the go. Depending on your region and device, you may also be able to download content for offline watching. Here’s how to wipe your list from the app.
#1 – Launch the Netflix application on your smartphone, and if you need to, sign in.
#2 – At the bottom-right of the app, tap the “More” icon.
#3 – From the sub-accounts shown, select your own and then tap “Account.”
#4 – You’ll be taken out of the app, and a browser will open. Netflix’s “Account” page will now be shown on your screen and from here, choose “Viewing activity.”
#5 – Go through your list of shows and movies and remove the ones you want to delete from your list.
These steps are suitable for both iOS and Android devices. After you follow these steps, you’ll have a clear list and can easily watch shows from the beginning.
The only flaw with both of these methods is that if you watch a lot of Netflix content, this will take a while.
Method #2 – How to Delete Continue Watching on Netflix by Creating a New Profile
Another approach you can take is to create a new profile or sub-account. This will instantly wipe your viewing activity and recommendations.
Follow the steps below to learn how to clear items from continuing watching on Netflix by creating a new profile.
#1 – Open a browser, go to Netflix, and sign in to your account.
#2 – All the profiles you already have will be shown for you to select. Click on “Add Profile” to create a new one.
#3 – Enter a name for the profile and hit the “Continue” button.
#4 – You’ll now be able to watch a series on Netflix as if it was the first time without any previous viewer tracking.
Unless you value Netflix recommendations, this is the most efficient way of wiping everything on your “Continue Watching” list. You don’t have to remove individual movies and TV shows from the list. It’s quicker and is just easier overall.
Of course, if you only want to remove specific things from the list, the first method would be better. Keep in mind that you’ll only be able to add up to 5 sub-accounts with the standard Netflix subscription.
Tips for Clearing Items from Continue Watching
Over the years, Netflix has been finetuning its platform. Their updates have made it much easier to discover how to delete ‘Continue Watching’ on Netflix. Here are a few tips that’ll make it even easier.
- Remove Series? When you’re manually removing episodes with the first method, it can quickly get frustrating. Instead of doing this individually, you can remove the entire series from your viewing activity. After you click the X icon on one episode, the “Remove series?” button will appear. Clicking this will clear all of the series’ episodes from your viewing history.
- Give Each User a Profile. If you are sharing the Netflix account with multiple people, such as if you have a family account, it’s worth setting up individual profiles. This will keep everyone’s viewing history separate and mean the “Continue Watching” list is specific to you. Doing this avoids the need to delete “Continue Watching” first.
- Use a Separate Viewing Tracker. Perhaps your account has the maximum number of profiles. If you want to track what you’re watching, then use an app like “TVShow Time” to track what you’ve been watching manually.
The “Remove Series?” button is the most useful of these tips. When you’re researching how to delete ‘Continue Watching’ on Netflix, it’ll save you from mind-numbingly removing each episode and is much quicker.
Besides, you will find out how to cancel Starz.
1. Can I clear specific episodes from ‘Continue Watching’?
No, currently, Netflix does not provide the option to clear individual episodes from the ‘Continue Watching’ list. You can only remove an entire series or movie from the list.
2. Will clearing items from ‘Continue Watching’ affect my recommendations?
Yes, clearing items from ‘Continue Watching’ can influence the recommendations Netflix provides. Removing content you no longer wish to see helps Netflix understand your preferences better and can lead to more accurate recommendations.
3. How often should I clear items from ‘Continue Watching’?
The frequency of clearing items from ‘Continue Watching’ depends on your personal preference and viewing habits. It’s recommended to review and clear the list periodically to ensure it reflects the content you genuinely want to watch.
4. Why are some shows still appearing in ‘Continue Watching’ after clearing them?
In some cases, it may take a little time for the changes to reflect across all devices or platforms. If a show continues to appear in ‘Continue Watching’ after clearing it, try logging out of Netflix and logging back in or refreshing the app on your device.
5. Can I disable the ‘Continue Watching’ feature on Netflix?
No, the ‘Continue Watching’ feature is an integral part of Netflix’s user experience and cannot be completely disabled. However, by clearing unwanted items and completing content you wish to continue, you can effectively manage the feature according to your preferences.
Once you follow one of these guides and learn how to clear items from continuing watching on Netflix, your list will be a lot clearer. Keeping track of your shows whilst re-watching will be easier, as will sharing your account.
Ideally, you should create a new profile, which is significantly quicker than removing each entry. However, your recommendations will not be as accurate if you do this. This isn’t hugely disappointing, but it’s still worth noting!