Many people do not know how to add a person to a group text on Apple devices. Here, let’s figure out how to add people to group text on iPhone.
What is Group iMessage?
Group chatting has become very common today and often helps several acquaintances, colleagues, and friends stay connected. This great feature is available for all iPhones and iPads that run on iOS 10 and 11.
In the old days, messaging only allowed two members to send messages to one another in an end-to-end messaging system. However, with the rise of various social media applications, messaging has also evolved to include several people in a single messaging thread. However, it is common for people to get confused between Group iMessages and Group Messages.
As Apple users may know, a Group iMessage is a message group for people that use an iPhone device. In this case, you can add and/or delete members from the text group.
On the other hand, Group Messages are messages that are sent via the SMS function of your mobile network. This type of message is available to both Android and iPhone devices.
If you cannot understand how to add people to a group text on your iPhone, you can simply start by creating a new text thread with or without the people you want in the thread.
How Can You Start a Group Message on iOS 10 and/or 11?
Of course, there are various third-party applications where you can send group texts. For the sake of this article, we will primarily be talking about the iMessage application, which is often used by iPhone and iPad owners every day worldwide.
One of the best aspects of Apple devices is that you can make use of the iMessage app on several devices. The steps on learning how to add a person to a group text remain the same for all Apple devices, like iPad, iPhone, MacBook, Mac, etc.
PS: if you are experiencing the issues like iPhone group messaging not working, here are the top solutions for you.
Simple Guide to Add People to a Group Text on iPhone:
1. You must tap and open the Messages app on your iPhone or iPad.
2. You need to enter the main page of the Messages application. Head over to the top-left corner of the screen and click on the arrow icon. Here, you need to click on the ‘New Message‘ option, which looks like a notepad with a pen in the top-right corner.
3. Once done, you need to start typing in the names of the people that can participate in the conversation. The search bar will automatically complete the name or number if these people are already saved in your contacts. Alternatively, you can also tap on the + button to browse and add the names.
On the other hand, if the people are not in your address book, you will have to type in the individual’s phone number. If the intended person has an Apple device, you can also type in their Apple ID.
4. Keep repeating the previous guide until you have added all the people that need to be in the conversation.
5. Finally, type in the message that you want to send to these recipients. You just need to type it down once and click on the Send button.
What Can People Do in the Group Text?
After that, you will see that all the people who are included in the group messaging will receive the message that you have sent.
At the same time, these members will also be able to reply to your messages or any other texts sent by other people in the group.
Members of the group also have the choice to opt out of receiving these messages by exiting the group; you can refer to this article to learn how to do so.
If you are unable to add a particular person to the group text, it is possible that the individual is not utilizing the iMessage app. There is a way to tell the difference – if you see a blue Send button, it means that the person is using an iPhone device.
If the person is not using an iOS device, the Send button will be green in color; it means that the person is using a standard SMS service.
You also need to remember that not all animations and emojis will work the same for every person in the group chat, particularly if the iOS are different. However, the rest of the functionalities should remain the same.
Besides, knowing how to turn safe search off iPhone is a pretty handy tweak every user should know. So let’s learn how to turn off SafeSearch on iPhone here.
How Do You Add or Remove People from the Group Chat?
Apart from learning how to add a person to a group text, you also need to know how you can remove them. In this part, let’s talk about how you can get both done:
1. Tap and open the Messages application on your iPhone.
2. Tap and select the conversation where you would like to add a new person.
3. On the top-right corner of the screen, you need to click on the Details icon.
4. Here, look for the person you want to add to the conversation and tap on ‘Add Contact.’
5. In the next window, you need to type in the name or phone number of the person that you want to add to the conversation. iPad users can also make use of the person’s Apple ID.
6. Tap on the Done button to finish this process.
Remove People from the Group Chat
Now that you know how to add people to group text on your iPhone, you will be glad to know that removing people from the group chat is the same process. Head over to the list of people that have access to the group chat.
Next, you need to look for the names that you want to remove from the chat; once done, you need to swipe left on the contact’s name, which will display the red-colored Remove option.
Click on the Remove button to delete the contact from the message conversation. As for people using Mac devices, you will see a readymade ‘Delete’ option to remove the person from the group message.
How Can You Leave a Group Message?
Now, you should know how to add people to a group text; we will now look into how you can leave a group message. At times, you do not feel like going through all these messages or simply do not have the time.
In such cases, it only makes sense that you leave the group chat. Let us look into how you can do so:
1. Open the group message that you want to leave.
2. On the top-right corner, you can see the Details option; click on it.
3. Here, you need to the right a red button at the bottom of the screen labeled ‘Leave This Conversation‘.
4. You need to confirm the action by tapping on the Confirmation button. Once done, you will stop receiving notifications about anything related to the particular group message.
When you look at it from afar, group messaging is an amazing feature. However, there are also some people that do not like being a part of such conversations.
Overall, while the feature is great, you can easily get overwhelmed with many messages. Therefore, it is important to figure out how to add a person to a group text and vice versa.
Group iMessages Troubleshooting
There are many people that face various types of problems when they are trying to learn how to add people to group text on iPhone and vice versa.
For instance, there have been reports that some are not able to add more than a set number of people to a group chat.
While this is quite surprising, a handful of carriers prevent their customers from adding more than a set of people to protect them from scammers and bots.
If you want to add more than a set number of people to the group chat, it is recommended that you make use of some other messaging app. Some of the top messaging applications for Apple devices include Slack, Google Hangouts, etc.
Additionally, these tools are considered more versatile than the standard iOS messaging application and can be used across various other operating systems and platforms.
Another Reason Why You Are Unable to Add Several People to the Group Chat is That You Have Incorrect Contacts.
It is known that iOS devices will sync your contacts based on your email addresses. While this method works fine for iCloud, it does not work for other emailing tools. Hence, you need to ensure that the contacts you try to add are right.
Another Important Limitation When It Comes to Learning How to Add People to a Group Text is Trying to Add a Person with a Screen Time Limit.
The Screen Time function is a new addition to Apple iPhone devices that shuts down all the functions of the mobile device, including the iMessage application.
If you cannot add a contact, it is recommended that you get in touch with the Apple representatives to increase the set limitation.
That’s it, see; it is very easy to learn how to add a person to a group text for iPhone devices. Try it yourself now.