The thing about the Apple camera is that users will accidentally double tap when taking a picture, resulting in duplicate photos at one point or another. Not only that, but even when the user doesn’t do this, duplicates will appear.
At the moment, this won’t seem like a big deal, but over time these duplicates begin to take up more and more space, and thus, we need to delete duplicate photos on iPad Air/iPad Mini/iPad Pro.
So, without further ado, in this article, we are going to take a look at just how you can do that and the available different methods.
If you don’t have a lot of duplicate photos on your device and want them out of the way quickly, then manually deleting the duplicate photos is an option.
Step #1 – Take your iPad and head into your “Photos” app.
Step #2 – You can view all of the photos and videos you’ve taken here. At the top right, click on the “Select” option.
Step #3 – Take a few minutes to review your photo album and select all of the photos you’d like to have deleted from the device.
Step #4 – Once you’ve selected all of the duplicate images, click on the “Trash” icon located at the bottom of the screen and click on the “Delete X Photos” option, which appears, where X is the number of selected photos.
This method is perfect if you don’t have too many duplicate photos on your device. However, if you notice that you have hundreds of duplicates on your device, then it is without a doubt to look at some of the other methods which are available to you.
dr.fone – Phone Manager (iOS) is a fantastic program with much to offer. While that’s the case, today, we will focus on how you can use it to remove any duplicate photos on your Apple devices.
#1 – Start downloading the dr.fone program, installing it accordingly, and launching it.
#2 – After launching the program, connect your iPad Air or iPad Mini. It may take a few moments for dr.fone to detect that it has been connected, so be patient.
#3 – Once your device has been connected, click on the “Photos” option on the program’s top panel.
#4 – After clicking on the “Photos” option, you will be shown all of the photos stored in the photo library of the device you have connected.
#5 – Take a few moments to review your photos and select each duplicate.
#6 – After selecting each of the duplicate photos, simply click on the “Delete” button located above all of the photos.
Having to delete duplicate photos on iPad Air/iPad Mini manually can be a long and tedious task, and with the help of dr.fone, this task can go from being an hour-long task to just a few minutes of time and effort.
If this feature hasn’t already persuaded you, look at some of the other features that dr.fone has to offer below.
And read more about deleting iPhone photos permanently.
dr.fone – Phone Manager (iOS) Additional Features
As you can see from above, if you’re looking for a program that you can use to delete duplicate photos on iPad Air/iPad Mini in just a matter of minutes, then dr.fone is, without a doubt, the program for you.
However, dr.fone offers many more features as opposed to the main feature, which we have focused on today, so let’s take a look at some of them.
- Transfer files directly from one device to another without copying the original files to your computer. Simply connect both devices, and the files are copied directly over.
- On top of being able to delete duplicate photos, dr.fone allows you to delete duplicate contacts as well as duplicate songs which you have on your device.
- Easily correct any misinformation stored about a song in your library (including the artist, missing album covers, song names, etc.)
- Backing up your music library is important as there is no predicting if data loss will occur. With dr.fone, you can back up your iTunes library in a matter of minutes. If data loss does occur, you can restore your iTunes library to your device too.
- dr.fone is compatible with iOS devices and Android devices.
If you’re looking for a program to quickly deal with your photos on top of many other media storage aspects, then purchasing the dr.fone – Phone Manager (iOS) program is definitely in your best interests.
If neither of the above methods appeals to you and you want to take a different approach when you have to delete duplicate photos on iPad Air/iPad Mini, then you may want to consider using an application to take care of the job. Some benefits to using a mobile app over the above methods are:
- You don’t have to have your device connected to a computer to delete the duplicate photos.
- Rather than sitting at your computer while the process takes place, you can go on your day as you would otherwise and keep an eye on your device.
- Generally more convenient.
The main thing is that it is more convenient to have an application installed on your device to take care of the process rather than taking the time out of your day to sit down at a computer and do all of it in one place. Convenience is important and can make the process less stressful.
So, without further ado, let’s look at some of the applications that allow you to delete duplicate photos on iPad Air/iPad Mini easily.
App 1. Duplicate Photos Fixer
Duplicate Photos Fixer is available across all Apple devices. However, it is only compatible with devices that have iOS 8 installed or higher (therefore, some of the older Apple devices may not be compatible with this application).
Some of the key features of this application are:
- The application will automatically scan all of the photos you have stored on your device and select the photos it found to be duplicates.
- Recover wasted space created by all of the duplicate photos that have been taking up space.
- Organize your photo album as you see fit.
- Delete several photos simultaneously rather than having to delete them one at a time.
As you can see, this application has all the tools you need to delete duplicate photos on iPad Air/iPad Mini in one place. If you’re looking for a simple application with all the tools you need, then this may be worthwhile.
App 2. Photo Cleaner
Duplicate Photos Fixer isn’t the only option that is available when it comes to cleaning up your iPad’s photo album.
If you weren’t sold on that application, then check out the Photo Cleaner application, which provides similar features, although as just as many of them.
The application is user-friendly and requires no previous experience to get started. So, let’s take a look at some of the features which it has to offer.
- Sort the photos stored on your device based on several factors. Sort them by the date they were taken, the size of the file, or by their name.
- Easily remove any duplicate photos in a matter of minutes.
- If you’re unsure whether you need to remove more photos and want to see how much storage your photos are taking up, Photo Cleaner can provide you with all the storage information you need.
- Compression. This main feature makes this app stand out from the others. With Photo Cleaner, rather than having to delete some of your photos to make more space available on your device, you can compress both the photos and videos stored on your device. Doing so can reduce the size of these files by between 55% and 75%. This is great if you feel you are being forced to remove photos you don’t want to and would like to keep.
These applications are fantastic and perfect if you want an application to delete duplicate photos on iPad Air/iPad Mini. However, my advice would be to take a look at the Photo Cleaner app, as the compression feature is what stands out from it.