Imagine you are a Project Lead in an office. Your boss has ordered you to contact a likely client and convert him into a sure buyer.
All of this is to be done on an urgent basis. You try your best to do so. However, your email shows you with an address not found error repeatedly.
Tired of this problem, you contact your superior to let him know the problem. Even though this is an emergency, your boss instructs you to solve the problem yourself.
Indeed a stressful situation to imagine, isn’t it? Technical obstacles in Professional urgencies could be difficult to handle. Maybe this has happened to you, which is why you are reading this article.
Worry not; we have the solution to the problem. We have found a few issues that could cause this error, and we also have found some solutions for the error. So hang on till the end of this article to solve the problem.
So, let’s hop on to the solution without further delay.
Reasons for Address Not Found in Gmail Issue
Gmail is a platform that is widely used for professional communications in today’s era. In such formal communications, any mistake could prove harmful to the company.
Gmail has introduced many features for the betterment of professional emails. It is used on phones, tablets, computers, etc.
Gmail is not just limited to a communication platform. It also provides a user with free space and ease of operation. These bonus points result in Gmail being the prominent choice of many companies.
As we have learned through experience, no platform can be flawless. And so is the case with Gmail. Even the professionally prioritized platform presents the users with errors. Gmail has tackled such errors with smooth operation and solutions.
However, some errors keep popping up more often. Errors such as 400 bad requests, the app crashing, etc. The most common and frustrating error among these is the Address not found error.
PS: let’s learn about the detailed guide on Gmail insert signature in reply; using a Gmail signature is a pretty handy feature for every modern-day individual.
What Does the Address Not Found in Gmail Error Mean?
Gmail presented you with this error when the email that you wanted to send was unable to reach the receiving end.
The error states that the given address does not exist. However, the same error is shown even in the case of the given address being protected.
Even though these two could be the main causes behind the error, we cannot ignore other possibilities.
We have listed some of those causes below. Here are the reasons for the address not being found in the Gmail issue:
- One usual reason behind this is that the sender has entered the wrong email address of the recipient. While doing so, if the mistakes are minor, then it is most likely that the email address doesn’t exist on the server of Google. Thus resulting in the sent email not being received by anyone at all.
- Slight mistakes in the spelling, spaces, or periods would make the address wrong. If the typed address does not exist, the email does not reach anywhere. This will lead to the address not found error.
- Another case that can cause the Address Not Found in Gmail error is that the creator of the email address has deleted it. If such an email address has been entered, the error will surely appear.
- One more reason you cannot send an email to the person is that the recipient has blocked you.
- If there is a technical glitch on either your or their end, the mail is not sent, and the error may appear.
- If the email is customized, it may be the case that the server is either down or under maintenance. Even in this case, the address not found error will appear.
Listed above are the probable causes of the address not found error. The error may appear at random times and degrades the user experience on Gmail.
However stressful the error might be, we have the solution for you; proceed to read the article till the end.
Steps to Fix the Address Not Found in Gmail Error:
After reading the causes, even you might have understood how simple the problem is, and so is the solution. Even as you read this article, over 3.7 million emails travel from sender to receiver per second.
Thus, making it a common problem to appear daily. It is of high importance to resolve such an issue for the greater experience of users across the world.
Emergencies call for quick fixes, so let’s take a look at the easy solutions. Here are some of them:
1. Recheck the Email Address
The usual mistake made by senders is to enter the wrong email address. This could occur due to typing errors.
Even though these mistakes are silly, it is common to make them under pressure. Confirm the accuracy of the entered email and rectify if you find any mistakes.
After rectifying the Address Not Found in Gmail, the address not found error will not appear. Check out this list of things to check in an email address-
- Missing letters or numbers: A missing character can lead to an incorrect address.
- Punctuation: You could have misplaced the punctuation or even forgotten to type it.
- Spellings: Make sure all the spellings are correct.
The easy thing to ensure the email address is correct is to just Copy and Paste the email address from the source.
If the error is still showing up, make sure that the recipient has not blocked you. If that’s not the case, then try the following methods.
Also, if you are experiencing the Google Server IP address could not be found issue, here are the top solutions for you.
2. Check If the Email Address has been Removed
One can communicate using an email address only until it exists. Once the Gmail account is deleted, the email address becomes non-existent.
If you try emailing a previously existing email address, it will surely fail. Also, the Address Not Found in Gmail error will show up.
- Check if the email is deleted using the following steps:
- Open a new Incognito Window on your browser by pressing the shortcut Ctrl+Shift+N.
- Open the Gmail login page.
- Enter the recipient’s email address in the credentials field.
- Tap on the Continue button.
If the email address is deleted, your screen will show a pop-up message. The message will say, ‘This account was recently deleted.’
The message stipulates that the email address does not exist anymore. It is also possible that the email was deleted recently.
If this is the case, you will have to find the recipient’s new and correct email address. And if you enter the old email address, then the address not found error will appear.
3. Check the Email Service
Let’s say you are sending mail to a custom email address. In such a case, you need to confirm that the custom domain is not under maintenance.
It could be that the domain or server has not been serviced by email yet. It will make the address not found error appears.
By following the steps given below, you can check and schedule your Gmail:
- Ask the recipient to check his email inbox.
- You can try using the Scheduling feature of Gmail. This automatically sends the respective email at the allotted date and time.
Steps to Schedule Your Email:
- Login to your Gmail.
- Compose a new email and write a draft.
- Enter the correct email address of the recipient. Check twice before proceeding.
- Find an arrow right next to the Send button.
- Click on the arrow, and select the option to Schedule Send.
- Press on Pick a Date and Time.
- Assign the desired date and time to the email and confirm by clicking on the Schedule Send button.
Now you have scheduled an email to be sent at an allotted time. This scheduled email will appear on the left panel.
This email will be sent to the recipient automatically at the assigned time. This should solve the Address Not Found in Gmail error.
4. Check the Gmail Server
No matter how great a server is, one cannot ignore the possibility of it being down for some reason. Even though the Gmail server being down is a rare scenario, it could happen.
We suggest checking if this is the case before you give up every hope of resolving the issue.
To check if the server is down or not, you can visit the Google Workspace Status page. On this page, you can check if any Google server is offline.
Here you can also check the server status of Gmail. If the server is down, then there is nothing else to do but wait.
Usually, Google will fix the problem within a very short period. Thus if you wait for a while, the Address not found error should be solved.
How to Fix No Connection in Google?
The error means there is no internet connection. To resolve this, ensure you are connected to an active data network. After connecting, try to browse once again.
Why is My Gmail Showing an Accounting Error?
An issue with your mail server or network could cause such an issue. We would suggest checking the iCloud settings.
That’s it; we have provided you with the root causes of the address not found error. We also discussed its possible solutions. The solutions in this article do work and are tried and tested by many users.
If you have read the whole article, we hope it helped you solve the issue with your Gmail. Please share it with the people who might need to beware of this error.
You can also suggest more topics to write on in the comment below.