If you do want to convert WLMP to MP4, here’s a comprehensive guide for you.
With this article, you will be able to learn about the best converters in the market. So, go ahead and learn how to do it.
What exactly is a WLMP file?
WLMP is the shortened form for the term Windows Live Movie-Maker Project. This specific file is a project file, and it is saved through a movie-maker using MS Windows Live Movie-Maker.
Well, Movie Maker is a free tool that comes as a built-in tool in Windows OS. Technically, WLMP is not considered to be a video file. Also, you cannot open it in a regular media player. So, if you have a WLMP file, you can hardly play it.
In this case, you will have to convert WLMP to MP4 or another compatible format. The good news is that there are various tools to convert WLMP. Also, there are tools that can convert WLMP to MP4 online.
In this article, we explain the best tools that are found in the market.
How to convert WLMP to MP4 using Windows Movie Maker
Mentioned below is how you can convert WLMP to MP4 successfully with the assistance of Windows Movie Maker.
- First, you should launch the WLMP program and choose “File.” Then, click on the option labeled “Open Project.”
- Now, you should click on the option labeled “File.” Then, go to the option called “Save Movie.” You will see a different window. Provide a name. Under that, you should choose an output format. In this case, choose the option called MP4.
- Save the file by clicking on the “Save” button.
As you already know, WLMP does not function as a video file. In this case, you cannot necessarily convert WLMP to an MP4 file using an ordinary converter. In this case, it is always wise to use dedicated software for the purpose of converting.
When it comes to Windows Movie Maker, it is possible to export WLMP files. If you don’t find that option, you will have to find a dedicated video converter. In this case, the best option is Wondershare UniConverter.
- Wondershare UniConverter works as a power converter that has so many features to impress you. It is a superb tool to convert WLMP to MP4 and convert h264 to MP4. Also, it is compatible with over 150 file formats. It features 90 times faster speed as well.
- You can expect enhanced quality from the output. Also, you can use it to crop or trim videos. You can also add subtitles or watermarks.
- You can use this professional URL to MP4 converter tool as a downloader that supports over 1000 video-sharing platforms, including YouTube.
- The same tool can be used to transfer downloaded or converted files to devices effectively.
- It comprises a very handy toolbox to create GIFs and even compress videos.
How to convert WLMP to MP4 using UniConverter
Ok. Let’s go ahead and learn how to convert WLMP to MP4. Mentioned below is the list of steps that should be followed on a Windows OS. We assume that you have already downloaded and installed the application on your PC before proceeding with the steps.
01. First, open Windows Movie-Maker. Then, please go to the File menu and choose “Open Project.” Then, you should go to the option “File” again and choose “Save Movie.” Then, go ahead and choose “WMV” as the file format.
02. Now, launch UniConverter and be sure to import the WMV file into it. You can drag and drop those files if you wish to do so. If not, you can do the same by choosing “Add Files.”
03. You must know that over 150 file formats are compatible with Wonderhsare UniConverter. You can choose the file output format by clicking on the output format tray. Click on the “Video” option to choose the format.
Also, it lets you change other parameters as well. For instance, you can change the resolution or frame rate of the respective video. To do that, you can click on “Settings.”
If the source video comes with H.264 encoding, UniConverter can convert the file with no quality loss. To accomplish that, you should choose the option called “Same as Source.”
04. Now, click on the option called “Convert.” If not, you can even choose “Start All.” The added videos will be easily converted into the chosen file format (for instance, MP4).
Wait for a couple of minutes, and your files will be converted. It is always possible to choose a destination folder based on your requirement, and that’s it!
Converting WLMP to MP4 online without the use of Movie Maker
The possibility of converting WLMP to MP4 online is there if you need to do so. There are several reliable online tools to do so. One of the main options to consider in this case is Online-Convert.com. Mentioned below is how to do that.
- First, launch Online-Converter.com on any web browser.
- After that, upload the WLMP file that should be converted by pressing the Upload/Select option. If not, you can even choose the link to a file. Cloud storage is also supported.
- Now, you can change the output settings.
- As the final step, click on the button labeled “Convert.” Wait for a couple of minutes, and the converter will do the job.
This is another tool that can convert WLMP to MP4 online. If you don’t want to install an application but still want to convert WLMP files, use this tool. ZAMZAR is a pretty impressive tool that offers a conversion service with some limitations.
For instance, it allows files lighter than 150MB. Also, you can only convert up to two files within 24 hours.
- Go to ZAMZAR’s website on any web browser and choose “Add Files” to proceed. Then, choose the files that are saved through Windows Movie Maker.
- Choose “Convert To” and choose MP4.
- Now, click on “Convert Now.”
- That’s it!
Convert WLMP to MP4 online using Handbrake
If you want to convert the WLMP file to any other format online, use this method. However, there are some limitations associated with this tool. So, it is a good solution to get a random job done. Please find below a guide on how to get it done.
- First, download and install Handbrake on your PC. It works on Linux and macOS apart from Windows. Then, launch the application.
- Drag the WMV files you intend to convert and drop them into the interface.
- Now, choose a preset from the Preset tab and choose the output type as well.
- Now, you should check the parameters and add the required changes.
- Then, press “Convert Now” to finish the process.
|UniConverter||Free Tools||WLMP to MP4 online conversion|
|Compatibility with other formats like MP4, MKV, FLV, etc.||Yes||Limited compatibility||Limited compatibility|
|Ability to convert without causing any quality loss||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|The overall speed of the conversion||Very fast||Average||Slow|
|Ability to convert videos to be compatible with social media||Very supportive||Average||Average|
|Displaying the estimated time||Yes||NA||NA|
|Converting WLMP files with device-specific parameters||Yes||Yes, but limited support||Yes, but limited support|
|Ability to edit and customize videos before converting||Yes||Limited features||Limited features|
|Compatibility with different platforms||Yes||Limited||Yes|
|Customer support||24 X 7||Poor||Poor|
Convert WLMP to MP4 – important tips
WLMP is a pretty handy tool that can be used to handle videos in various ways. In fact, Windows Movie Maker has significant differences compared to previous versions. That said, there are some important tips about it for you.
How to download this tool?
Generally, it comes bundled with Windows Essentials. However, if you don’t see it in your OS, you can download it through their official website. When you download it, you can choose other options to be included in it.
Is it possible to play WLMP files in Windows Media Player?
No. Windows Media Player is not compatible with WLMP files. So, it is necessary to WLMP to MP4 online or uses another method to fix it.
Are WLMP files compatible with YouTube?
No. WLMP files are essentially not video files, so YouTube doesn’t accept them. So, if you want to share a file stored in WLMP format, you should launch WLMP on Movie Maker.
Then, share it using the program. If not, you can even export those WLMP files with a YouTube-compatible version to accomplish this task.
That’s all about how to convert WLMP to MP4. So, you can go ahead and read the instructions once again and do it correctly.
If you are not clear about any of the above information, please let us know. We will get back to you with the most appropriate solution.