One of the great things about downloading videos from YouTube, and other websites, is that you can watch them offline. But this isn’t the only benefit you can reap from using a URL to MP4 converter.
Video hosting sites have begun introducing a “pay to watch” system, meaning you have to pay every time you want to watch specific videos.
This system is profitable for the likes of YouTube, but it can put a hole in your wallet if you spend hours of your day watching content.
So, for that reason, here is a list of MP4 converters you can use to download your favorite videos from various websites.
Let’s start with the best solution available, Wondershare UniConverter. With this program, you don’t have to worry about the limits of converting URLs to MP4 online.
Some key features of this program are:
- Download videos from YouTube and over 10,000 other video-hosting websites
- The batch downloads multiple videos at once
- Download all of the videos on a YouTube playlist together
- Convert videos automatically after they have been downloaded. This mp4 Converter can convert M2TS to MP4 and MP3 to M4R.
- Transfer videos straight to a smart device after the program downloads them; reduce video size online easily
- It provides users with video editing features too
- Includes DVD burning, converting, and editing features
- Free to use!
Retrieving videos couldn’t be any easier. All of your videos will be downloadable in a selection of qualities so that lossless downloads are possible.
However, you might not want to use a program like this MP4 to SWF Converter, so there are a few other options if you want to convert the URL to MP4.
#2 – ClipConverter
If an online converter is what you want, then ClipConverter is what you’re looking for. This free online video converting service supports various video hosting websites. From Facebook videos to YouTube and even the likes of Vimeo, ClipConverter has you covered.
The main features to take note of with ClipConverter are:
- Users can upload videos to convert them to various formats
- It doesn’t require any installations or account registration
- Simple to use and doesn’t include any advanced features
- Download videos after converting them to MP4 or AVI, or some audio formats too
- Download videos in HD formats, including 4K resolution
You can’t go wrong because this is a free URL to MP4 convert solution. That said, you might find it useful to try out some different websites before deciding.
#3 – Zamzar
Another free website that you can use for converting online videos to MP4 is Zamzar. Supporting hundreds of file formats, more than most other websites, Zamzar comes with a simplistic yet incredibly innovative set of features.
- Convert a max of 50MB of files per conversion
- Not limited to just the MP4 format
- Upload videos from your PC to convert
- After the videos are converted, a download link is sent to your email address
- Steps are given to make the process easy to follow
As you can see, this is a pretty straightforward program. You can convert an online video or a video from your computer, but the downside is a 50MB limit. This is a huge limitation for users who want to convert many videos.
#4 – Convertio
Next is Convertio, another relatively well-known video converter. With an attractive interface, Convertio is easy to navigate, and as a result, it makes downloading videos an enjoyable, stress-free experience.
Even though most converters are strictly for YouTube, you can download from virtually any site as this website supports more than just YouTube.
- Download videos quickly and in a high quality
- Free and no need for registration
- Convert videos using a URL or directly from your Google Drive/Dropbox account
- Drag and drop videos from your PC to the website
- Supports various video formats
Again, this free solution enables you to convert videos easily. The modern interface makes the process less boring, and it’s hassle-free!
How to Use UniConverter (Best URL to MP4 Converter)
As the most reliable option is a desktop app, we’ll walk you through using Wondershare UniConverter. The following steps will give you insight into how to convert the URL to MP4 easily.
Step #1 – Start downloading the program on your computer and launching it.
Step #2 – Locate the video you want to download on a web browser. Highlight and copy the URL found in the address bar at the top of the browser window.
Step #3 – Go to the UniConverter program and select the “Download” tab. Press the “+ Paste URL” button, and the video will instantly start to download.
Step #4 – You can download multiple videos at once by repeating these steps, and if you need to stop the downloads at any moment, click “Pause All.”
It doesn’t end there – you can also choose a download format. You don’t just have the option to download the URL to MP4. To choose another format, click “Download then Convert Mode,” and you will be shown the different formats you can download videos.
Transfer Videos to Smartphone with UniConverter
Another handy feature is transferring the videos you download straight over to your smartphone. Here’s how to do exactly that.
Step #1 – Connect your smartphone using a USB cable. On the Download page, click on the “Finished” option, right-click on any video you want to transfer, and click “Add to Transfer List.”
Step #2 – Click the “Transfer” tab at the program’s top. On the far right of the screen, click the drop-down menu and select your smart device.
Step #3 – Finally, click “Transfer All,” after the process completes, you will find the videos on your device.
This extra feature makes it incredibly easy to watch videos on the go. You don’t have to look for ways to download videos on your smartphone, and you don’t have to waste valuable data either.
As we previously said, using a URL to the MP4 converter program is much more beneficial. Rather than using an online solution, Video Converter Ultimate has the following benefits:
- No Download Speed Limits. When you use an online converter, the server speed contributes to the download speed. Even if you have incredibly fast internet, the download could take hours. Using this program means that the download speed completely depends on your connection!
- Download Videos in Batch. Most video converters don’t give you this option. Instead of waiting for each video to download, you can create a list of videos within Video Converter Ultimate. After adding all the videos, you can leave your computer and let the downloads complete.
- Download in Various Formats. With this program, you can download videos in various formats. Alternatively, if you use an online converter, there are only a few formats for users.
- Adjust the Video Quality. Most online converters will automatically set the video quality to the lowest quality available. In contrast, Video Converter Ultimate is the opposite and lets you choose from all available video qualities.
These are the main perks of using a solution like UniConverter. You aren’t bound by the limits of an online converter because there is nothing but benefits!
PS: Here, you can learn more about downloading Putlocker to MP4.
Hopefully, now you’ll have a solid understanding of the benefits of using a program like UniConverter. No doubt that using a URL for an MP4 converter also provides benefits.
However, a program like this gives you more control over downloading your videos. All in all, whether you choose a desktop program or a website solution, one of the solutions above will help you.