There are various acronyms that were introduced to the world by social media and SMS users. TC could be among one of the most used acronyms used today. However, there can be some individuals who aren’t still aware of this acronym.
Well, if you are among those who wonder what does TC mean, this article is for you. And, if you don’t know it, there’s nothing to be ashamed of. So, read this article.
Many individuals tend to use acronyms instead of the full phrase for the sake of convenience. People generally want to type their chat messages and SMS faster and impress their loved ones. In this case, acronyms become exceptionally handy. The acronyms that were introduced to social media chat are commonly known as internet abbreviations.
That is probably because these acronyms are widely used among Facebook, WhatsApp, Viber, IMO, Line, KIK, etc. users. “TC” is yet another acronym that is used among these internet users. The specialty of the acronym TC is that it is more widely used than most of the other acronyms.
So, What Does TC Mean?
In simplest terms, TC means “Take Care.” As you may already know, take care is a phrase used to conclude a chat session. This is widely used in online chat rooms, emails, IMs like WhatsApp, Viber, etc. The meaning of this phrase is simply to say bye or farewell.
For instance, say that you are in a Facebook messenger chat with your buddies. And, for some reason, you have to leave the chat before the others. In this case, you are going to say bye to all the others in the chat.
So, you can conclude the chat by saying TC all, TC buddies, or just a simple TC. In return, your friends also might wish the same or say “you too” or U2.
Unlike most of the other abbreviations you might have come across, TC is spelled lowercase as a general practice. So, if you see someone say TC in a chat, message, or email, that means to take care.
The term TC can be used by various parties. For instance, it can be used between best buddies. You had a WhatsApp chat with your closest friend, and both of you decided to call it a day. In that case, you can tell each other to take care of it.
But you don’t need to type “take care” as a whole. This is when you can use the term TC. Also, think of a situation where you conclude a very romantic chat with your soulmate.
After all those romantic text messages, there comes a time to say, “take care, my love, sweetheart, honey” etc. You can easily replace the phrase “take care” with TC in this case.
With that being said, you should also know that TC has an opposite abbreviation as well. That is the abbreviation of TB. In fact, the term TB is there to represent “welcome back.”
How to use TC
Now that you know what TC means. Let’s get an idea about how to use it. As you might realize with your common sense, TC is an abbreviation used to express your polite farewell. As a general practice, TC is used to express feelings within online communities.
That is particularly between those who have gotten to know each other very well. Imagine a regular person of the respective online community is about to log off or say goodbye. Sometimes, he or she is planning to be away for a while and come back.
For instance, the member is going away for lunch, grabbing a coffee, or coming back after some sleep. Regardless of the reason, even if they are going away for a short while, you can easily say TC. In fact, saying TC under such instances has become more of a norm.
Over the past couple of years, the use of TC has become a practice of many individuals. And now, this term is used widely on various platforms.
For example, the term TC is used by WhatsApp users, Viber users, Facebook users, and even SMS senders.
Examples of TC
TC Meaning Example 01
- HMM… OK, buddies! I am going to call it a day. I have to pick up my son from his swimming class. Catch you up tomorrow!
- TC, brother… see you tomorrow.
TC Meaning Example 02
- Well, that’s how you should do it. You can get back to me whenever you need any help with that project again.
- Thanks a lot for assisting me with this project. TC!
TC Meaning Example 03
- Hey… I know you had a pretty tough week. Hope you will get over it this weekend. TC.
- Thanks, man…. It means a lot to me.
TC Meaning Example 04
- Hey… thanks for throwing such an awesome party… we all had the time of our lives there…
- My pleasure man… hope you made it in one piece (ha ha ha… just kidding man)… anyways… TC bro.
TC Meaning Example 05
- Hi Tim… I will not be coming tonight. Have some extra work do to and gonna stay over here. Just tell the others as well.
- Oh… OK, buddy. I have already ordered our pizzas as well. No worries, though, as I can take care of it (ha ha ha). Anyways, TC bro. See you tomorrow.
TC Meaning Example 06
- Honey, can you buy some cereals on your way home? I totally forgot about it.
- No probs dear. Just the usual thing we eat, right?
- Yes… you know it.
- OK… TC honey see you soon!
As you may notice, you don’t have to limit this abbreviation to the internet only. It can be used within text messages effectively.
Also, click here to figure out the INB4 Meaning.
Related expressions to TC
Here are some related expressions to TC.
- TLC – Tender loving care
- TCB – take care of business (or even taking care of business).
- What are some other variations of TC?
- Some other variations of TC include “Take Care Always,” “Tender Care,” “True Colors,” and “Team Captain.” These variations add a personal touch and can convey different meanings depending on the context.
- What does TC mean in sports?
- In sports, TC is often associated with “Touchdown.” It signifies the successful act of carrying the ball into the opposing team’s end zone, scoring points for the player’s team.
- What is TC in social media?
- On social media platforms, TC commonly stands for “Twitter Crush.” It indicates that someone has developed a romantic interest or admiration for another person they have interacted with on Twitter.
- What is TC in gaming?
- In gaming, TC can refer to “Treasure Chest.” These are special containers or rewards found within games that hold valuable items, currency, or power-ups, adding excitement to the gaming experience.
- What is TC in the medical field?
- In the medical field, TC represents “Therapeutic Communication.” It focuses on building rapport and trust between healthcare professionals and patients, leading to improved treatment outcomes and patient satisfaction.
We hope that this information is good enough for you to get an idea about what TC means. You can go through the article once again and let us know if you need to verify anything.