You may need to Transfer WhatsApp from Samsung to Huawei for various reasons. Such a requirement particularly arises when you need to migrate to Huawei from a Samsung device.
Even if that is not the case, do you still want to Transfer WhatsApp from Samsung to Huawei? So please read this article and learn the three best methods to get it done.
The Requirement to Transfer WhatsApp from Samsung to Huawei
Have you decided to get rid of your old Samsung device and switch to a Huawei device? If so, it is needless to say that the main thing you should consider is to transfer data safely. For many individuals, transferring data itself is a pretty challenging task.
That means they find it pretty difficult to transfer data from the old device to the device you buy. While there are plenty of data types on your device, WhatsApp is considered to be more prominent.
In other words, WhatsApp is a very important data type for many smartphone users. That is exactly why many users are concerned about what happens to their WhatsApp data upon switching devices.
As you already know, both Android and Huawei smartphones run on the Android platform. Therefore, transferring data between the devices doesn’t become a huge issue.
This is a pretty different situation compared to transferring data from iPhone to WhatsApp or vice versa. In other words, you can Transfer WhatsApp from Samsung to Huawei as long as you use the correct method.
In this guide, we share with you three very effective ways to transfer WhatsApp from Samsung to Huawei.
OK. Now, let’s read about each method and learn how to Transfer WhatsApp from Samsung to Huawei. Eventually, you will be able to decide which method is best to address your situation.
Solution 1. Use iCareFone for WhatsApp Transfer to Transfer WhatsApp from Samsung to Huawei effortlessly
Step 1. Download iCareFone for WhatsApp and Launch It
1.1 Launch iCareFone for WhatsApp, then connect both Samsung and Huawei phones to computers. And click the ‘Transfer’ to start.
Note: You will see a message saying that the data on your Huawei phone will be overwritten. Please click ‘Yes’ to agree and continue.
Step 2. WhatsApp data backup from Samsung phone
2.1 Firstly, please back up your WhatsApp data from the target Samsung phone by following the screenshot instructions. And then click ‘Continue.’
Step 3. Transfer WhatsApp from Samsung to Huawei phone now
3.1 iCarefone for WhatsApp Transfer is now getting the backed-up data from the Samsung phone. Please make sure both phones are connected.
3.2 iCarefone for WhatsApp Transfer is transferring WhatsApp data to your Huawei phone. Just be patient.
3.3 If you see the below interface, the WhatsApp data has successfully transferred to your Huawei phone. Just follow the prompts to see the data.
Besides, let’s learn more about how to transfer WhatsApp messages to a new phone.
As we mentioned, both Huawei and Samsung devices run on Android OS. So, you can consider Google Drive as an option to Transfer WhatsApp from Samsung to Huawei.
Nevertheless, it would be best if you remembered some requirements to meet to use this process. Mentioned below are the requirements for your reference.
- It is a must to have Google Play Services and Google drive installed on both devices.
- It is compulsory to have a Google account.
- Be compulsory for your Google Drive to have adequate space to accommodate the respective WhatsApp backup.
As Long As You Have Those Requirements, You Can Follow the Steps Below and Transfer WhatsApp Data.
01. Launch WhatsApp on your Samsung device. Then, you should tap on Settings > Chats > Chat Backup > Backup. That will allow you to make a backup of the messages on Google Drive.
02. On your Huawei device, sign in to the same Google account used to create the backup.
03. Now, you should install WhatsApp on the Huawei device and proceed to configure it. After the telephone number verification, WhatsApp will detect the Google Drive backup. Then, you will see it prompts you to restore the backup.
04. Now, you should tap on the “Restore” option. After that, the process will begin. Once the process is completed, you can tap on the ” Next ” option to complete the backup.
Please note that WhatsApp can often create a backup of your chats on the device’s SD card. This local backup can transfer WhatsApp from Samsung to Huawei devices. Mentioned below are the steps to get it done.
01. Start the process by creating a backup of your WhatsApp messages on the Samsung device. To do it, you should open WhatsApp and tap on the ” Menu option.” Then, you should go to “Settings” and “Chats.”
After that, click on “Chat Backup” and “Copy.” Click on the “Backup to Google Drive” option and choose ‘Never.’ That will prevent Google drive backup. Now, your WhatsApp data will be saved on your local SD card.
02. Now, on the Huawei phone, you should get a file manager app installed. Then, go to “WhatsApp/Databases.”
03. You should rename the computer file called “msgstore-YYYY-MM-DD.1.db.crypt12” to “msgstore.db.crypt12“.
04. Be sure to uninstall WhatsApp on the Huawei device. Then, tap “Restore” on your chats to be restored to the new Huawei device.
So, that’s how to Transfer WhatsApp from Samsung to Huawei. Please share your thoughts with us in the comments section below.