Many users get puzzled with their iPhones getting stuck with the notification “this iPhone was lost and erased’ appearing on their screen, and they have no clue how to deal with this.
There is no doubt that it is confusing, and we have received so many queries regarding this.
Newly bought Apple devices may show the notification because of the iCloud account getting hacked, erased, and finally flagged as lost.
Secondhand Apple devices are another case that can show the notification if they were stolen and then erased and flagged by the owner via their account.
To deal with every case, as we have mentioned just now, we will help you with the best solutions in this article, and let’s get down to the business straight.
We have another highly professional tool that is also great at fixing the lost and erased iPhones that get stuck with the iCloud activation locks in the absence of Apple ID and passwords that are a must to unlock them (or iPhone stuck on a spinning wheel).
In other situations where you may find yourself having forgotten the password of your device or stuck with the previous Apple ID on a second-hand device, the software will prove very helpful.
Note: Removing the iCloud activation lock via this software requires the locked device to be jailbroken, which can jeopardize your device’s security.
Let Us Now Give You the Steps That You Need to Follow for Operating This Software:
Step 1: Begin with downloading and installing the software on a PC, then launching it. You will be at the main interface now.
Step 2: Hit the button Start on the screen to trigger the process of jailbreaking the locked iPhone.
Step 3: Once the phone is jailbroken, the software will go ahead with the iCloud activation lock removal process, and after its completion, full access to the locked phone will be restored, and you will be able to operate it just like before.
A Tool to Prevent Activated iPhone from Getting Erased Upon Being Lost – iToolab UnlockGo
It is always suggested to be on the safer side than sorry, and this applies to the situation of “this iPhone was lost and erased” alike.
With this, we mean that it is better to safeguard your iPhones beforehand, only against such a situation, especially if the device is bought second-hand or from any online site like eBay.
This can be done by completely removing the previously used Apple IDs and iCloud accounts if there exist any on the said device, and you can do this with a great tool like the iToolab UnlockGo.
This is an amazing tool that can fully remove Apple accounts from any iOS device. The best advantage is that you can make another Apple account on the phone beforehand, so it doesn’t get locked due for any reason.
This tool is also available to download and used for free on both Windows and macOS.
Primary Features of iToolab UnlockGo
Let us give you some details of this tool that make it very advantageous:
- It can remove all screen lock accounts from any iOS device and easily fix the Your Passcode Is Required to Enable Face ID issue.
- The software works best for removing the iCloud locks and locks of the iPhones and iPad (how to remove Android screen lock).
- You can unlock all locks, including face ID, Touch ID, and four or six-digit passwords.
- This software can repair and even prevent various iPhones from getting stuck with lock issues.
Method to Operate the iToolab UnlockGo Tool
Here is a guide that you need to follow step by step for operating this tool and preventing your device from facing the “this iPhone was lost and erased” situation:
Step 1: Begin downloading and installing this software on any compatible PC and launch the tool.
Step 2: And then please click the ‘Remove iCloud Activation‘ -> ‘Start‘. At this point, you will also be needed to connect the target iOS device with the PC via the authentic USB cable of the device itself.
Step 3: Now, you are required to jailbreak your iPhone. The tool will start to download the jailbreaking package you need automatically. Once complete, please click on the ‘Jailbreak‘ button and put the iOS device in DFU mode.
Step 4: Once the jailbreak is completed, please click the “Remove” button, and UnlockGo will start removing the iCloud Activation Lock for you.
Other Ways You Can Fix the Lost and Erased iPhones
The reasons we discussed above that can lead to iPhones getting on iCloud locks also come with a solution attached to them, and we are now going to talk about them.
Case 1: Fixing a New iPhone Purchased from the Apple Store
Many users get a new iPhone from an Apple store or any authorized seller of Apple devices and then set it up themselves but still get stuck with the “this iPhone was lost and erased” situation. If you are one of them, too, here is the method to recover your device.
You will have to start recovering the hacked details and password of your Apple ID and then move on to disable and remove the last active iCloud account you created. This can be done with the iCloud lost mode of the iPhone.
Follow These Steps for Recovering the Email and Password of iCloud:
- Visit applied.apple.com.
- Select the option Forgot ID or Password.
- Enter the details of the Apple Id. Hit the button Next.
- Now, you will get two options for recovering the Apple Id- by answering a security question or by email.
- Upon choosing Email Authentication, you will receive a mail from Apple containing the instructions on “how to reset your Apple ID password.” You just have to follow all the instructions in that manual, and you will be done.
- Upon choosing to answer the security question, you will have to enter whatever question is asked related to the details you filled in and things like birthdays, etc.
- Lastly, you will be asked to create a new password, followed by hitting the button Reset Password once you are done.
Follow These Steps for Turning off the iCloud Account Lost Mode:
- Visit www.icloud.com/find.
- Log in to your iCloud account by entering the ID details.
- Select the option of All Devices and then choose the option of the device with the Lost Mode active on it.
- Click on the option Lost Mode and select Stop Lost Mode.
Useful Tips on Safeguarding the iCloud Accounts from Online Threats
- Never use one password to protect all accounts. It’s better to set different passwords for different accounts so that it doesn’t become obvious.
- You can activate the Two-Factor Authentication feature of your Apple device to secure the iCloud account tightly.
- Keep changing the password of your Apple accounts at regular intervals to keep them safer.
- Never save the details of your Apple account in your email in any form, as any risk to the email can cause major damage.
Case 2: Fixing a Second Hand iPhone
Second-hand iPhones stuck in the “this iPhone was lost and erased” situation can be fixed with some simple methods.
You can ask the previous owner of the locked iPhone for help and then make them follow the above method of removing iCloud with the Lost mode.
However, contacting the previous owner can be a problem, and we will give you the solutions for that.
Get Help from Siri by Following These Steps:
- Press and hold the Home button to activate Siri.
- Say anything like asking to call mom, dad, or home, etc.
- If the call connects, talk with the person on call and seek help for your issue.
Get Help from Medical ID with These Steps:
- On the lock screen, press the Emergency button and then click on Medical ID.
- Go through the numbers of Emergency contacts and make a call to any of them.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Can a lost or erased iPhone be tracked?
- Yes, if Find My iPhone was enabled on the device, it can be tracked and located using the iCloud website or the Find My app on another Apple device.
- Is it possible to recover data from a lost or erased iPhone?
- If you have backed up your iPhone using iCloud or iTunes, you can restore your data to a new device or the recovered iPhone.
- How can I prevent unauthorized access to my lost iPhone?
- Enable a passcode or utilize biometric authentication methods like Touch ID or Face ID to secure your device. This ensures that even if your device is lost or stolen, your data remains protected.
- What should I do if I find a lost iPhone?
- If you find a lost iPhone, you should try to locate the owner by checking emergency contacts or handing it over to the local authorities or an Apple Store.
- Is there a way to retrieve data from an erased iPhone?
- No, once an iPhone is remotely erased, the data is permanently deleted, and it cannot be recovered.
The ‘this iPhone was lost and erased’ notification can frequently bug unsecured Apple devices and pose a high risk of malicious erasing of data.
All the tools we suggested in this article will help you remain safe from such danger, and you must check them out to see what gives the best help to you.
If you have any further queries, drop them in the box below.