Many individuals want to save GIFs from Twitter for some reason or another, but they don’t know how to. If you fall into that category, read this guide, and learn how to save a GIF from Twitter effortlessly.
GIF format has become popular on the internet because of the unique characteristics it possesses. These files are used for various purposes as they can be handled pretty conveniently. GIF is the abbreviation for Graphics Interchange Format.
The specialty of GIF files is that you can have them in an animated or static format. GIF files have become particularly popular across all social media platforms. That is particularly because they can convey a long message in a short animation. This is particularly true when it comes to social media platforms such as Twitter.
What is a GIF File?
Technically, a GIF is an animated image but not a video. Although they play like videos, each GIF file is a sequence of images that appears one after the other. GIF files don’t have any sound as well. So, they appear more like flipbooks.
This specific file format was introduced way back in 1987. The last update related to the GIF file format took place back in 1989. So, GIF is a very old file format.
GIF files are often used in social media, email chains, e-flyers, chat apps, etc. They are lightweight and easy to use. Despite the oldness of this file format, it is still considered to be a large part of the modern-day internet culture.
Interestingly, GIF files’ popularity has increased recently for some reason or another. As of now, it is widely used on social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook, etc.
Learn more about how to hack a Twitter account.
Why Does Someone Want to Save GIFs from Twitter?
Many individuals use Twitter these days and often come across very exciting, cool, and meaningful GIF files. Users say they like to use those files as reactions to others’ Tweets or express something.
In addition to that, they want to use those GIF images on other social media platforms as well. If you have such intention, an easy trick is to save them to your local storage for future use.
However, most users face the main issue that downloading GIFs from Twitter is not simple. Twitter has made it very difficult for users to download GIF files on the platform.
In fact, Twitter has a special algorithm to convert GIF files into videos in view to make the videos load faster. That is one of the key reasons behind the faster performance of the Twitter app and the web-based platform.
Though this approach can speed up the saving time, it makes the saving process very difficult for users. The GIFs you save will appear in a video file format. So, you will have to find a way to convert those videos into GIFs after saving them.
Besides, here is the top GIF speed changer for your reference.
How to Save a GIF from Twitter?
As per our information, Twitter makes it very difficult for users to download GIFs. However, you can get it done by following the steps mentioned in this article. Remember, you should use a downloader and a converter to accomplish this task.
How to Save a GIF from Twitter on an Android Device
Here are the steps if you are using an Android device and want to save a GIF from Twitter. In this section, we will be using a special tool called Tweet2iGif. You can use this app easily with any Android device as long as it has 4.0.3 or newer OS.
In addition to that, you can get it completely free. So, this can be a very handy option to use when you need to download a GIF.
- First, launch Twitter App on your Android device.
- After that, navigate to the GIF you intend to save. There will be a small arrow towards the right corner of the respective Tween. Just tap on that and choose the option “Copy Link To Tweet.”
- Once you have done that, please launch the Tweet2Gif app on the same Android device. Then, tap on the option called “Paste” as well.
- After that, please tap on the option called “Download.” Once you have done that, you can either download it as a GIF or even as an MP4. Just save the file in GIF format.
To access the downloaded files, you can simply access Google Photos and find them.
Also, if you wonder how to find someone on Twitter by phone number, then read the article to know how you can achieve the same in a few easy steps.
How to Save GIFs from Twitter on Your iPhone
If you are an iPhone user and wonder how to save a GIF from Twitter, read this section. In this case, we will be using a web-based tool called EZGIF.
This special tool becomes very handy for those who don’t want to install any app on their devices.
- As the first step, you should launch the Twitter app on your iOS device. Then, navigate to the Tweet on which the video you intend to download is located. Once you have reached the Tweet, you can see a share button. This specific button is placed under the original post.
- You will see three options as a result of pressing this share button. The third option of this menu should read “Share Tweet via…“. Tap on that and choose the option called “Copy Link.”
- Now, you can launch a browser of your preference. Then, you should visit EZGIF on the browser and see the home page. Be sure that you are on the “Video to GIF” converter. Now, you can paste the URL you have already copied into the designated area within the home page.
- You will now see the option called “Upload Video.” Just select that, and you will be able to see a preview. There will be several options displayed with that option. The most recommended parameter is 25 fps (25 frames per second), and the video will be smooth. As a result of this framerate, the output video will have an impressive smoothness.
- Once you have done that, you will be able to see the downloaded file in the Camera Roll.
How to Save a GIF from Twitter on the Computer
Are you looking for a way to download a GIF from your Twitter account on the computer? If so, you can follow the below steps and save it easily.
To save a GIF from the Twitter website, first, visit the respective Tweet. You can visit the Twitter website and navigate to the respective Tweet.
After that, you can see the drop-down located next to the Tweet. Just tap on that to see an option called “Copy Link To Tweet.” This option will save the corresponding URL to the clipboard.
In other words, it is copied now. If not, you can even copy the video URL from the browser’s search bar.
Once you have copied the link, you should use a preferred browser to go to the EZGIF.com website. Then, you should choose the option called “Upload Video.”
Once the uploading is completed, you can see that the converter offers several options. These options are offered related to downloading the file. In this case, you should choose an FPS as well.
Per our experience, the best FPS is 25 for downloading video. At that framerate, the video tends to play smoothly. So, select the Convert to GIF option as well, and the GIF will appear, and you can download it.
The process is almost completed now. Please click on the button labeled “Save,” and that’s it. You can then drag the file and drop it into a folder of your choice. If not, you can right-click it and choose the option “Save Image As…. “.
Well, that’s how to save a GIF from Twitter on an Android, iOS device and computer. Once you save those images, you can share them on social media or post them appropriately. If not, you can even share them among other chat groups, such as WhatsApp.
Apart from using them on Twitter, you can use them on any platform. Basically, sending a GIF instead of a text or a still image is a very exciting option.