PDF Architect is a very handy tool that helps individuals to create professional, good-looking documents.
Apart from creating PDF documents, this tool can edit them and give them the quality it deserves. You can use it to edit, fill forms, review, e-sign, convert, and perform many other actions with PDF documents.
So far, PDF Architect is identified as one of the most reliable and efficient tools of its kind. Despite its impressiveness, some individuals want to know about PDF Architect Alternatives as well.
If you fall into that category, read this article.
An introduction to PDF Architect
Before we move into PDF Architect Alternatives, let’s learn about the features and the overall capacity of this tool.
PDF Architect is a professional tool that can edit and create PDF documents with excellent neatness. It gives you more freedom and a better user experience in creating PDF documents regardless of the purpose. As of this writing, its latest version is seven, and they offer timely updates with new features.
● Excellent user-interface
One of the most impressive things associated with PDF Architect is its excellent user interface. With their latest update, the developers have offered several helpful features.
● Can manipulate any PDF document
This software can manipulate any PDF document in many ways. For instance, it can create, edit, insert objects, insert pages, convert, review, fill forms, add security, OCR, and e-sign.
● Creating a new PDF
PDF Architect allows you to create PDF documents that contain very important, discreet, or private information. In addition to that, it has a security feature to ensure the safety of the files. It will assure the neat look of the document as well so you can get professional work done.
● Virtual Printer
PDF Architect has a virtual printer as well. With this feature, you can transform any file format into a PDF. It can be done simply through the print menu of the application.
● Batch creating
This tool can even convert multiple files into PDFs at once. This is called batch creating, and it is useful to save your precious time.
● Scanner Integration
Thanks to this feature, you can easily scan your documents to PDF and give them a neat look. There is an OCR module as well, so the text will be detected and converted into an editable format.
Best PDF Architect Alternatives
As mentioned before, PDF Architect is the perfect solution for all PDF-related work. However, due to various reasons, many individuals want to learn about other options available.
If you are one of them and want to learn about the best PDF Architect Alternatives, read this section.
01 PDF Architect Alternative – PDFelement
PDFelement is rated as one of the most efficient and feature-rich PDF editors in the industry. It comes as an all-in-one solution that can address pretty much every requirement related to editing PDFs.
This tool has a variety of tools, and it can be used on iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS systems. In addition to that, it supports the latest versions of all the operating systems.
This software is packed with a large range of functions to help you with PDF-related work. It has tools for PDF management, PDF editing, and printing.
Moreover, it has OCR (Optical Character Recognition), PDF annotations, PDF viewing, PDF protection, new PDF creation, scanning, etc.
Another impressive characteristic associated with PDFelement is that you can edit PDF templates with it. That means you can fill those PDF forms and even put e-signs.
Here’s a list of features associated with PDFelemet so you can have a general idea about it.
- It can convert INDD to PDF and convert files to all the commonly used formats ranging from MS Office to EPUB to images.
- Ability to edit PDF documents without changing the quality, formatting, or even the font
- It can combine multiple PDF documents into a single file. It can be done through batch functionalities
- Creating new PDF documents faster
- You can create new PDF forms and even edit PDF forms and fill them.
- You can add protection to PDF documents and add protections too.
- It can be used to add e-signatures to the documents.
- It is perfectly compatible with all the operating systems you come across every day.
Pros of PDFelement
- Very user-friendly even for a novice.
- Works very faster compared to many other PDF editors
- It is a very reliable and stable software
- It can be downloaded for free
- A very affordable price, even if you choose to go for its advanced version.
- Excellent compatibility with all the operating systems
- Works with all the latest operating systems
02 PDF Architect Alternative – Bluebeam PDF Package
Bluebeam PDF Package is another powerful alternative that allows you to create and manage PDF files effortlessly. It comes with several useful features to complete an awesome PDF editing task without much hassle. For instance, it can collaborate and organize PDF files with ease.
Pros of Bluebeam PDF Package
Here’s a list of pros associated with the Bluebeam PDF Package.
- It supports cloud-sharing services for increased convenience.
- It is compatible with alignments, bookmark export, and hyperlinks as well.
- You can use it to convert files in batches, so it saves you time.
Cons of Bluebeam PDF Package
- To reach advanced features, you should pay additionally.
By the way, if you forgot your PDF password, here are the top solutions for you.
03 PDF Architect Alternative – Master PDF Editor
Here is another handy, quality PDF editor that works pretty fast. This tool is developed to be compatible with all operating systems (Windows, Linux, and Mac).
It can be used to edit both text and images on any given PDF file. Moreover, it can edit entire pages and convert them into PDFs through a wide range of file formats.
Pros of Master PDF Editor
- It is very simple and easy-to-use software.
- It has several useful features, including file encryption, adding digital signatures, form filling, etc.
Cons of Master PDF Editor
- This tool lacks highly advanced features you may expect from a PDF editor.
- The free version of Master PDF Editor comes with a watermark that cannot be removed.
04 PDF Architect Alternative – PhantomPDF by Foxit
Foxit is a reputed name when it comes to the business of PDF editing. They offer a special tool called PhantomPDF. This special toll has a pretty simplified interface to assure user-friendliness.
In addition to that, it is packed with features that are required for printing and viewing features. The overall usability of this tool is pretty decent and simple.
Pros of PhantomPDF
- It comes with handy features like PDF annotation, PDF printing, PDF viewing, etc.
- There are “Business” and “Standard” versions for you to choose from based on your requirements.
Cons of PhantomPDF
- One might feel that it is overloaded with features.
- Some users may find it difficult to grasp the features and menus of this tool.
05 PDF Architect Alternative – PDF Expert
PDF Expert is another useful and very impressive feature that can be considered as a PDF Architect alternative. It is compatible with pretty much all the Mac updates. You can use this software to handle PDF editing related to links, text, images, annotations, etc.
In addition to that, it can handle plenty of other tasks related to PDF. It comes with reviewing functionalities as well.
Pros of PDF Expert
- It can perform tasks like file redaction with any PDF document.
- You can use it to compress PDF files while maintaining the original file format.
- Pretty affordable software solution compared to other products in the market.
Cons of PDF Expert
- Despite all the other features, PDF Expert doesn’t support document conversion.
- There is no OCR technology associated with this software.
- It is not compatible with computers that run on Windows OS.
In simplest terms, PDF Architect is a one-stop solution to address all the needs related to PDF document handling. It can edit, manage, organize, insert objects, remove items, and perform any other task related to PDF Architect.
However, if you are looking for more affordable solutions and are ready to tolerate some minor drawbacks, there are alternatives. All the alternatives we have mentioned in this article have decent performance.
Although there are some drawbacks associated with those alternatives, you can use them to edit a PDF.
However, if your expectation is a professional output, PDF Architect will be the best choice. If you know about better PDF Architect Alternatives, please share your knowledge with us.