If you are an iPhone user, you obviously expect your iPhone to smooth very smoothly. iPhones are generally optimized for better user experience, and some features are programmed to trigger automatically.
For instance, you will see that photos or iTunes automatically opens as you connect your iOS device to the computer. In fact, such a feature is introduced for the sake of the convenience of the users.
However, in most cases, users don’t connect their iPhones to computers for the purpose of synchronization. Instead, they plug in their iPhones just for the purpose of charging in most cases.
So, it would be handy to know how to stop iTunes from Opening when iPhone is connected.
How to Stop iTunes from Opening When iPhone is Connected?
If you find iTunes appearing right after connecting your device to the computer is annoying, you can stop it. The purpose of this article, as we mentioned before, is to tell exactly how to do that.
Basically, there are two options for those who wonder how to stop iTunes from Opening when iPhone is connected. Let’s look at each of these methods and see what’s best for you.
PS: here, you will learn how to fix forgot keychain password issue with ease.
Method #01 for How to Stop iTunes from Opening When iPhone is Connected
Here’s the first method.
- Connect your iPhone to Windows or Mac computer using the original cable provided by Apple.
- Now, the device will start to synchronize with the connected computer, and eventually, iTunes will appear.
- On your iTunes, you should click on the device tab.
- In the left navigation panel that appears, you should click on the ‘Summary‘ tab.
- Now, towards the right side of the panel, you will find an option called ‘Options.’ You should then uncheck the option called “Automatically sync when this iPhone is connected“.
With this method, you will see that iTunes doesn’t appear automatically after connecting the iPhone. Thankfully, this option works for both Windows and Mac systems perfectly.
Besides, click to learn how to use iExplorer.
Method #02 for How to Stop iTunes from Opening When iPhone is Connected
Here’s the second method.
- As you did in the previous method, connect the device to your Mac or Windows computer.
- Then, as usual, you will see that iTunes appear with the syncing option with the device.
- Now, click on the option ‘iTunes‘ if the device is connected to a Mac. If it is a Windows computer, click on the option ‘Edit.’ These options are located in the upper menu bar.
- Now, on the drop-down menu, you should click on the option called ‘Preferences‘ as well.
- Choose the option labeled ‘Devices.’
- You can then check the option ‘Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically.’
- You should now save the changes simply by hitting ‘OK.’
The good news is that these two methods can prevent iTunes from popping up as you connect the device. After these steps, iTunes will not appear on the screen after connecting the device to the computer.
How Can You Prevent Photos from Popping Up As You Connect the iPhone?
Most of the users actually face the issue of the photos app from popping up as the device is connected. This issue appears no matter whether you connect the device to Mac or Windows PC.
Mentioned below are the steps you should take in order to stop photos from popping up when your iPhone is connected.
- First of all, open the option called ‘Photos‘ on your computer.
- Then, connect your iPhone to the same computer using the USB cable.
- Once the photos are launched, click on the option labeled ‘Import.’
- Now, the name of the iPhone connected will appear in the top left corner of the screen. In this, make sure that you uncheck ‘Open Photos for this device.’
The above-mentioned settings will be applied only to the connected iPhone. So, if you connect another iPhone to the same computer, the aforesaid window will pop up. To disable it, you should connect the respective iPhone and repeat the steps mentioned above.
After adjusting the settings as above, you will have to open ‘Photos‘ manually when the device is connected. Users can then manage the images located in ‘Photos‘ as they wish. However, turning off this option allows you the option of Opening or not the ‘Photos‘ option.
Choose What App to Be Opened when the iPhone is Connected
With a small tweak in the settings, the users will be able to define which app to be opened. That means the app that opens when the device is connected to the computer.
For instance, you may want to use the ‘Image Capture‘ app to open automatically once the device is connected. As a result, you will be able to capture either a video or a photo.
To get this setting configured, you can choose it from the ‘Applications‘ list that comes under the finder. The users, in this case, can choose ‘Image Capture.’
Mentioned Below Are the Steps to Follow if You Need to Choose a Certain App.
- As the first step, click on the small triangle icon located at the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Then, choose your iPhone device towards the top left of the window.
- Then, you should choose the option ‘Connecting This [Device] Opens.’
- Now, click on the option called ‘Image Capture.’ However, if you need a different app to be opened, you may choose accordingly.
Is there any alternative to iTunes?
There is no doubt about the usefulness of iTunes. However, any iPhone user might agree that iTunes is not a very user-friendly tool. Some of the features it has actually become annoying to iPhone users in most cases.
Therefore, many individuals are actually looking for proper alternatives to iTunes. However, only some of the individuals end up with a good iTunes alternative that serves the purpose.
As per the personal experience we had and the studies we did, Tenorshare iCareFone is a great alternative. Compared to iTunes, Tenorshare iCareFone comes with exceptional user-friendliness as well.
This special tool perfectly bridges your iPhone to the computer. In addition to that, this smart tool can even rebuild your iTunes library if it is corrupted or damaged.
Mentioned below are some of the benefits associated with Tenorshare iCareFone.
- It comes as a two-way data transfer bridge that allows you to manage many types of data. For instance, it can transfer files like music, playlists, videos, images, and ten more types of files.
- It can easily synchronize the iTunes library with the iPhone without affecting the existing data.
- You can share the purchased or non-purchased images with anyone. It works perfectly even with devices that are signed with different Apple IDs.
- You can transfer the files either selectively or even in bulk and make them more organized.
- You can see its performance through its trial version.
FAQ 1: Why does iTunes automatically open when I connect my iPhone?
When you connect your iPhone, iTunes may automatically open due to default settings or previous configurations. It is designed to facilitate syncing and file transfers.
FAQ 2: Can I still sync my iPhone with iTunes after disabling automatic opening?
Yes, you can still sync your iPhone with iTunes even after disabling automatic opening. You will need to manually launch iTunes when you want to perform syncing or other tasks.
FAQ 3: Will these solutions work on both Windows and Mac computers?
Yes, the solutions provided in this article are applicable to both Windows and Mac computers.
FAQ 4: Are there any risks associated with modifying iTunes settings?
Modifying iTunes settings does not pose significant risks. However, it’s always a good practice to back up your data before making any changes to avoid potential data loss.
FAQ 5: Can I revert these changes if I change my mind?
Yes, you can easily revert the changes by following the same steps outlined in the respective solutions. Simply uncheck the boxes related to preventing automatic syncing or modify the settings accordingly.
Well, that’s our article about ‘how to stop iTunes from opening when iPhone is connected.’ If you have any doubts related to this matter, please let us know in the comments section. Our team will respond to you as soon as possible.