Knowing how to get administrator privileges on Windows 7 will be handy for any Windows user at some point.
When in administrator mode, you can access all the features to configure all the settings. This article explains the proper way of doing it for those who don’t know.
Why Do You Want to Learn How to Get Administrator Privileges on Windows 7?
In most cases, administrator privileges are not accessible to all users unless they know the password. That means a password protects the administrator privileges of the computer’s owner.
Such a practice is performed in order to prevent other users from accessing the data as they will. It goes without saying that such a feature is very handy in terms of data protection.
Using a complex and longer password will tighten the security of the respective account. So, in a nutshell, it is a pretty useful feature.
Regardless of the usefulness of this feature, it can become troublesome at certain times. For instance, think of a situation where you have forgotten your PC’s administrator password.
What if you want to change some settings that require administrator privileges? Should you be panicked? Not at all! You can access those settings if you know how to get administrator privileges on Windows 7.
So, the question is is there a way to bypass the administrator password of a Windows computer? Yes, there are multiple ways. To the delight of our readers, we explain those methods in this article, and you can follow them.
In fact, this guide comprises three practical methods to bypass a Windows PC administrator password. Listed below are those methods and the steps you should follow.
Method 1: Log in with the Built-in Administrator Account
The first method we present to get administrator privileges is to log in with the built-in administrator account.
You can use that built-in administrator account and change the administrator password to anything you prefer. So, if you intend to log in with the built-in administrator account, follow the instructions below.
- First, you should reboot your PC. Before the system loads, press the F8 key to see the “Advanced Boot Options” on your computer screen. You should then navigate to the “Safe Mode” option using the arrow keys. Once you have selected the Safe Mode, hit the “Enter” key on the keyboard to enter it.
- Now, you will see that the login screen is displayed. On that, you should hit the option called “Administrator.” In general, this doesn’t require you to enter a password.
- You should go to the “Start Menu” in safe mode. Go to the “Control Panel” and navigate to the “User Accounts and Family Safety option.” Once you click on it, you can see another icon called “Add or Remove user accounts.” Click on it to enter that option. You will see a new window that displays all the user accounts configured on your system. Now, you should choose the account that has Administrator privileges.
- Once the respective account is selected, you will see a link on the left-hand side. It says, “Change your password.” Click on that link so you can proceed.
- Now, you should enter a new password into the system and restart it. This time, you should let the computer boot in normal mode. Once the system is restarted, you can see the login screen. Enter the new password so you will be able to access administrator privileges as well.
Method 2: Use CMD and Create a New Administrator Account
Creating a new administrator account is another solution you can choose to gain administrator privileges. In that case, you don’t have to know the original password of your Windows 7 account. To make it possible, you should use the CMD prompt.
CMD (or the command prompt) is handy technical system software that can be used to perform advanced tasks.
This tool becomes exceptionally handy for activating various features in the OS. However, you make the best use of this tool; you are supposed to know it very well.
In other words, using CMD is not as easy as using Windows. So, if you are a total beginner to CMD, you will not find it useful. The user must remember a variety of commands to use CMD prompt.
In addition to that, this method works only with users who’ve already logged into the default administrator account. In general, the default administrator account does not come with passwords. However, things can be different if the user deliberately creates a password.
With That Said, Mentioned Below Are the Instructions to Follow to Create an Administrator Account Through CMD.
- First, you should go to the Start menu on Windows 7. Then, search for the option called CMD by typing it. To execute the command, hit Enter. Now, the command prompt window will appear on the screen (in black color).
- You should then enter the following command on the appeared command prompt (CMD) window.
net user [username] [password]/add
Please make sure that you input the actual username as well as the password accordingly. Then, hit the “Enter” key on the keyboard after typing the command.
- Now, you should also enter the below command into the same window.
net localgroup administrators [username] /add
This step is required to ensure that you create a unique username on the system with Administrator privileges.
- Now, when you press Enter after the command, you can see the administrator account is created. You can then log into the new account that has administrator privileges.
Method 3: Get Rid of the Password Protection and Access Administrator Privileges
Have none of the above options worked for you, even if the built-in administrator account didn’t work?
If so, you are almost losing the administrator privileges to the computer. However, there is good news for you. The solution we explain here is PassFab 4WinKey.
This program is designed to be very simple and can remove the Administrator password in seconds.
Once the password is removed, you can log into your Windows computer’s administrator account with full access.
Why Do We Consider PassFab 4WinKey As the Best Solution?
- This special Windows 10 password reset tool offers you detailed instructions related to each step during the process. That is exactly why PassFab 4WinKey is so convenient, even for a novice user.
- This tool allows you to remove the password in a couple of clicks.
- PassFab 4WinKey tool guarantees a 100% success rate thanks to its super-smart algorithm.
- 4WinKey can be considered a one-stop solution that can perform multiple tasks. For instance, it can delete user accounts and reset existing Windows passwords. It also allows you to create Windows user accounts with administrator privileges.
- 4WinKey works with all Windows computers, tablets, and laptops. It supports devices under different brands such as Surface, Lenovo, Toshiba, Dell, ASUS, Sony, Samsung, and so on.
How to Get Administrator Privileges on Windows 7 Using PassFab 4WinKey
Mentioned below are the steps that should be followed to remove password protection from the Administrator account.
- Launch it from another PC, select CD/DVD or USB Flash Drive, and click “Next” to burn the disk.
- Insert the disk into your locked computer, and restart it by instantly pressing F12. Select your disk name while entering the boot menu, and save and exit BIOS/UEFI.
- You will see the 4WinKey interface. Choose your Windows system, locked account, and select “Reset Account Password.”
- Enter the new password and click “Reset.” And then click on “Reboot” to reboot your computer.
Also, if you wonder how to reset the password on an HP laptop without a disk, this tool can help you too.
All the above options are useful for those who wonder how to get administrator privileges on Windows 7. If you have gone through all those methods, it is not hard to realize that their effectiveness varies.
However, PassFab 4WinKey is a very impressive option that delivers the highest success rate (100%). You will find 4WinKey to be a very easy and successful method compared to the other two options.
Are there any other queries related to Windows 7 passwords or administrator accounts? Please comment on them below, and we will attend to them soon.