“What is the easiest way to check how old is my iPhone or Samsung phone? Should I use an app or is there a default way to do it? Please let me know!”
If you read this article because you have the same type of question, that’s great. We’ve composed this article explaining the best ways to find out how old is my Samsung phone or iPhone.
Why Is It So Important to Check How Old My Phone is?
Many of the launch dates for cell phones have been recorded in detail. Your phone, on the other hand, may have been produced after its original release date. It may be months or even years.
Checking your phone’s production date might be useful for several reasons.
- Your device’s level of security may be revealed by this method. In comparison to more recent versions, older phones tend to be less secure and more vulnerable to attacks.
- The resale value of your smartphone is impacted by its age. If you plan to sell your smartphone, you’ll probably get more money if it’s more current.
- Your smartphone’s overall performance is affected by its age. Older smartphones are less reliable and more prone to malfunction.
- The battery life of smartphones decreases as they age.
That said, knowing how old my phone is, Samsung or iPhone, is handy for any user. So, in the remainder of this article, we will explain how old is my iPhone and Android.
Checking How Old is My Phone
Regardless of the brand of your phone, you can verify the manufacturing date using a few common tools.
In fact, this is true even though companies have their unique methods of doing so. The following are some of the most common ways.
Besides, if you wonder about how to check if your iPhone is unlocked or locked, this guide you should check out.
● It’s in Your Phone’s Purchase Box
The first spot you should search for is in the phone’s box. The date of production is often printed on the box of each smartphone by the manufacturer.
White stickers are usually attached to the package’s rear side. There may be a few phrases, symbols, or barcodes on the sticker. It’s possible that the sticker on your smartphone has the date of manufacture.
While you’re there, make sure the IMEI number on the box matches the one in your smartphone’s settings. That helps you ensure it’s the same. It is always possible that the phone’s box does not belong to the phone. Because of that, the date of manufacture is wrong.
Also, knowing how to ping an iPhone or an Android is advantageous if you need to find that device’s location. So, let’s learn how to ping a phone most simply.
The date of the phone’s production may be found in the device’s settings app on some devices. The settings menu normally has a folder called “About Phone” that contains this information.
The date of manufacturing may not always be readily apparent on the device. That necessitates the employment of a mathematical calculation. As we’ll see later on in this essay, iPhones are a great illustration of this.
Using your phone’s data or the IMEI number, developers have come out with many different programs. These programs can show you precisely when the smartphone was produced. Because these applications are frequently created in conjunction with the manufacturers, they may be manufacturer-specific.
To have access to the data, all you need to do is install the program. And that is another practical way to find out how old my Samsung phone is.
● Manufacturer’s Code
If you know your phone’s factory code, you may also be able to determine when it was made. Enter one piece of information from the following into your phone’s dial pad to locate it. That is useful in determining how old my phone is.
There Are Two Ways to Express the Same Thing:
*#*#manufacturingcode#*#* or *#manufacturingcode#*
- Once you’ve input the code, a service menu with information will be present. This information displays your phone’s model, date of manufacture, and country of origin should display.
- Following that, we’ll look at a few phone-specific methods for ascertaining the date of manufacture.
What is the Best Way to Determine How Old My iPhone is?
First, let’s look at the best ways to check how old my phone is. So, if you are an iPhone user who wonders how old my phone is, keep reading.
Most likely, the date of manufacture is encoded inside the serial number of your iPhone.
The coding scheme may be summarized as follows:
- Using the serial number, you may determine the year. For instance, 8 is for 2008, 9 is for 2009, 0 is for 2011, and 2 is for 2012.
- Using the serial number, it’s possible to determine the week of the year the iPhone was made.
To see the serial number of your iPhone.
- Go to Settings on your device.
- Select “About” from the “General” section.
The best thing is that there’re other ways to discover when an iPhone was made with an iPhone. You may verify your phone’s information free of charge on a Dutch site called Chipmunks. What you must do is as follows:
- Use your iPhone’s web browser to access the Chipmunk website. Alternatively, you may use a PC or a Mac for this.
- The serial number of your phone may be found in the input field.
- You may get this information by clicking “Laat de informative,” which approximately translates to “Provide Info.” You should be able to see the date when your smartphone was manufactured, among other things.
- Apple’s “Check Coverage” webpage is another option. It’s true that the platform was initially designed to assist iPhone owners in determining the status of their warranty. So, the date of manufacture of your device is also shown once the serial number has been input.
How Old is My Phone if It Runs on Android?
It is true that Android has become exceptionally popular. That is due to the fact that it is compatible with a wide variety of apps. With that said, how can you determine the precise date of your Android phone?
A lot of Android devices include a built-in feature that lets you know when your phone was manufactured. To find the “About Phone” section in Settings, all you have to do is navigate to that menu item. Your Phone, then About, or the Phone’s Data may also be used in the area that displays your smartphone’s information.
If not, consider attempting this:
- Dial *#*#197328640#*#* or *#197328640#* on the device. The service menu should now be accessible.
- Select “Menu Version Information” from the drop-down menu.
- To access the “Hardware Version,” press the “Hardware Version” button.
- Select “Read Manufacturing date.”
- The manufacturing date can also be obtained by entering the code *#0000#.
How to Find How Old My Samsung Phone Is?
When it comes to apps, Samsung smartphones are recognized for their variety. If you have a Samsung phone, you may download and install an app that provides information about your device.
There are a variety of phone information applications available, but they all do the same thing. Go to the app store on your smartphone and type in “Samsung phone info app” to discover an app.
How Old is My Phone (Google Pixel Phone)?
There may be a lack of popularity for Google smartphones because they joined the market considerably later. That is compared to other big names in the smartphone manufacturing industry.
It appears as though Google’s smartphones are still following an established pattern with regard to when they were manufactured. If you want to know when the phone was manufactured, this is how it should be done.
- Open the “Settings” app on your phone.
- Then, go to the option called “System.”
- Select the option called “About Phone.”
- That will present all the details about your device, including the manufacture date.
How to Find How Old is My LG Phone?
Now that we know the ways to find out how old my iPhone is and how old is my Samsung smartphone. Let’s learn how old my phone is and whether it is an LG.
Downloading the LG phone information app is the best method to determine how old is my LG phone.
There is an online IMEI checker that can be used instead. All you have to do is type in your phone’s IMEI and click “Check.”
Finding the How Old is My Phone if It is a Motorola
It’s possible to find out exactly when the Motorola smartphone was made in Settings, just like with Google smartphones. This information may be found on the packaging of the majority of Motorola models.
- Q: Can I determine the age of my phone by its physical appearance? A: While physical wear and tear can give you some hints about a phone’s age, it is not a reliable method for accurate assessment.
- Q: Are older phones still capable of running the latest apps? A: Older phones may struggle to run resource-intensive apps and games smoothly. However, they can still support most commonly used apps and perform day-to-day tasks efficiently.
- Q: Should I upgrade my phone as soon as it reaches its average lifespan? A: The decision to upgrade your phone depends on your specific needs, budget, and the performance of your current device. If your phone meets your requirements and functions well, there may not be an immediate need to upgrade.
- Q: How can I dispose of my old phone responsibly? A: When disposing of your old phone, consider recycling programs offered by phone manufacturers or electronic waste recycling centers to ensure proper disposal and minimize environmental impact.
- Q: Can I sell my old phone after it reaches its lifespan? A: Yes, you can sell your old phone, even after it reaches its average lifespan. There is often a market for used phones, and selling it can help you recoup some of the cost when upgrading to a new device.
Well, that’s exactly how to find out how old my phone is. We believe one of the above methods might help you achieve the desired outcome.
Finding how old my iPhone or Samsung smartphone is will no longer be an issue. If you have any other doubts, please let us know.