You might be surprised to find out how many people play video games. People play different genres, and in recent years, adventure games have been the center of attention.
These games offer many progression features that make it worth gamers’ time to play them for hours daily. One video game that is very popular now is God of War for Android. This adventure game will focus on our review, and we’ll be detailing some of the things it offers.
What is God of War?
The first game in the God of War series hit the shelves in 2005, and the series is still going strong! The most recent was the sequel to God of War III, and this game is simply God of War which is the 8th game in the series. This game is available on the PlayStation 4 (PS4) and has been since April.
The mythology was one major change made to this game compared to past releases. Previous games in the God of War series strictly focus on Greek mythology.
Controversially, God of War is now focused on Norse mythology and observes a father-son story. If this is the type of thing that piques your interest, get yourself a copy, and start playing today.
God of War’s Pros and Cons
So, let’s break it down a bit more for you. Here are some pros and cons of what to expect when you start playing. If you’re on the fence, then consider each of these.
- Fantastic graphics that make the game a lot more enjoyable
- Plenty of encounters with monsters that provide endless hours of action
- An enticing story that can capture your attention for a long time
- A lot of content and tasks to occupy yourself with, not including the main story
- Include cinematics which is triggered by the player entering certain areas
- Players report that boss fights aren’t as rewarding or challenging as they were in previous games
- Furthermore, players claim that the storyline ending is underwhelming and disappointing
- The upgrade system can be difficult to understand and may take a while to get the hang of
There are a few negative points to make a note of, but all games have their flaws. Pricewise, God of War is still at the standard $60 (or £45) mark, so, understandably, you’d want a review. But as with all games, a few more months should drop this price.
Can I Get God of War for Android?
This is a difficult question to answer because, technically, you can get God of War for Android. However, there are a few different interpretations of this question.
PlayStation 4 Emulator on Android
Emulation is a word that some of you gamers might be familiar with. If you have a newer Android device, running an emulator is possible, but it’s not advisable.
Emulators can damage hardware simply because your smartphone isn’t designed to run high-end video games.
But if you insist, you can install an emulator and download a copy of PS4’s God of War for Android. Just remember that your device will get hot very fast, so beware.
Sony’s God of War App
On the other hand, there is an official God of War Android app – don’t get your hopes up; it’s not the same as the actual game!
Nonetheless, you can download the app and check it out for free. Note that only newer devices are able to use the app. This is because it requires “ARCore” and only supports versions of Android 7.0 or later.
Setting both of these things aside, one thing is clear: getting your hands on a PS4 and playing the real game is the best idea.
About “God of War: Mimir’s Vision” Android App
You can explore the app yourself. From this page, you can easily see that it’s nothing compared to the actual game. Don’t let that discourage you, though – it can be a great way to learn about the game.
For example, you can move across the map and tap areas you want to learn more about. You’ll be shown the “lore” of the area you’ve chosen; thus, if you’re a big fan of the game, it can be fun to learn more about it. The lore of an area is simply the history and other information about it.
One of the features that Sony showcase with this app is its AR abilities. With the addition of realism, you won’t find exploring the God of War map boring!
Bonus Tip: Games Similar to God of War for Android
You might have seen God of War and instantly wanted to purchase it. But, for various reasons, this might not be possible – only PS4 players can play God of War as it’s a PlayStation exclusive; it might be out of stock near you. Whatever the reason, here are a few great games that are similar to God of War:
The Last of Us. You might see the graphics of this game and think it’s nothing alike, but The Last of Us has a lot of similarities to God of War. There’s also the nail-biting storyline!
Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End. Uncharted has always been one of the “staple” games in the industry, and it’s a series that everyone can enjoy. It won’t disappoint you with a similar feel to God of War.
For Honor. This game can be fun, especially if you play multiplayer. Steam users were able to get For Honor without paying just a couple of months ago.
Far Cry 4/5. Both of these Far Cry games are playable on console and PC. They have enticing storylines and actionable gameplay, and of course, they’re similar to God of War for Android.
Even if you’re on edge about playing God of War, all gaming fanatics should play these amazing games.
In addition, if you would like to know how to make money on Steam, please switch to learn more.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Q: Can I play God of War on all Android devices? A: God of War is compatible with a wide range of Android devices, but it’s recommended to check the minimum system requirements before downloading.
- Q: Is the Android version of God of War the same as the console version? A: While the core gameplay and storyline remain the same, certain adjustments have been made to optimize the game for mobile devices.
- Q: Are there any in-app purchases in God of War for Android? A: While there are optional in-app purchases available, they are not necessary to progress through the game.
- Q: Does God of War for Android require an internet connection? A: No, the game can be played offline once it has been downloaded and installed.
- Q: Can I transfer my progress from the console version to the Android version? A: Unfortunately, progress cannot be transferred between different platforms.
Gaming can be a lot of fun for anyone. From thrilling games like Black Ops’ Zombies game mode to slower games like Minecraft, there’s a game for everyone.
Attempting to get God of War for Android might prove to be a bit of a hassle. It’s possible, but if you want to avoid this frustration, your best bet is to get it for your PlayStation 4. Not only will this make it much more enjoyable, but you can enjoy the graphics on a much bigger screen.
To conclude our review, we think God of War is a game to buy. Even if we disregard the fantastic graphics – similar to the GTA V graphics – our reasoning is backed up by the gripping storyline and game mechanics. Is it not the game for you? Try one of the other suggestions that we made above.