Many users forgot Snapchat’s username and feared they could not recover their Snapchat account.
However, the truth is that you can recover the respective account even if you have lost the password. Here, we will tell you how to do it using some easy methods.
Thanks to our busy lifestyles, forgetting our passwords has become a common scenario today. However, we don’t have to give up on those accounts just because we forget our credentials.
There are various methods to recover the passwords of those accounts. The same theory applies to your Snapchat account as well. So, here, we will explain how to recover a Snapchat account using several practical methods.
If you are a Snapchat user, you already know you need to use an email address and password. Without those, you cannot necessarily login into your account. Losing those credentials can prevent you from using the account.
So, what if you forgot your Snapchat username and password and had no clue at all? What can you do about it?
If you have faced such a situation, you might wonder how to recover your Snapchat account.
The good news is that this article comprises several solutions to address this issue. Explained below are those solutions you can try to overcome this error.
Part 1: Recover the Snapchat Account with the Email
As you know, your Snapchat account has a unique username and a password as credentials. Instead of the username, you can use a valid email address.
Every Snapchat user is supposed to use those credentials to log in to and use their accounts.
Well, if you forgot your Snapchat username and password but remember the email address, the solution is very simple. You can recover your Snapchat account using your email address (also, find out how to use an iCloud Email Account on Android).
If you remember the email address, you should use the option “Forgot Your Password.” This option is available on the Snapchat login screen.
Once you click on that, you will get instructions to reset your password on the registered email address. So, reach your inbox and read the instructions to recover your Snapchat account through your email.
However, what if you have forgotten the email address as well? In that case, will it be possible to recover the Snapchat account? Needless to say, it is not that easy to recover the account if you have forgotten the email.
However, we can still try two methods to regain access to your Snapchat account. The solutions are mentioned below for your reference.
Also, a random add on Snapchat can be fun and exciting for any user who is looking for new friends. Let’s see how to add random people on Snapchat simply.
Part 2: Recover Your Password Without Email if You Forgot Your Snapchat Username
If you forgot Snapchat’s username and its email, is there a way to recover the password? Well, as long as you have your phone, the process is exceptionally easy and straightforward.
You must follow the simple guide mentioned below and recover your Snapchat password.
01. As the first step, you should go to the login screen of the Snapchat platform. You can then find an option called “Forgot your password” in the form of a link. You can tap on that link and navigate to the process of resetting the password.
And you will have two options to reset the password once prompted to the option. You can either choose to reset it via email or phone. Since you want to recover your Snapchat account without email, let’s choose the option labeled “via Phone.”
02. Now, you should be able to find the captcha check prompted by default. Once the process is completed, you will get a unique verification code to activate the respective Snapchat account.
03. Please note that the verification code you get will arrive on the linked phone number (how to track a cell phone number on Google Maps). That means the phone number is linked to the respective Snapchat account.
Once the verification code is received, enter it on the login screen on the login screen. Then, choose the option called “Continue.” After that, you can set a new password for your Snapchat account.
You must know that the password you enter must be eight characters long at the least. Also, it cannot comprise aspects such as your username, phone number, or any information related to you.
Instead, you should type a password with a combination of lowercase and uppercase letters, symbols, and numbers. After creating the new password, you can easily log into the Snapchat account.
Besides, let’s figure out how to hack someone’s Snapchat password.
FAQs on Snapchat Username and Account Recovery
Here are some frequently asked questions about Snapchat username and account recovery:
- Can I recover my Snapchat account without email or phone number? Unfortunately, without a verified email or phone number, it’s impossible to recover your Snapchat account.
- Can I recover my deleted Snapchat account? If your account was deleted less than 30 days ago, you can reactivate it by logging in. If it’s been more than 30 days, your account can’t be recovered.
- Can I change my Snapchat username? Snapchat does not currently allow username changes for security reasons.
- Can I log into Snapchat using my phone number? Yes, if you’ve verified your phone number on Snapchat, you can log in using your number.
- What can I do if my Snapchat account is hacked? If your account is hacked, reset your password immediately and contact Snapchat support.
- How long does it take to recover a Snapchat account? If you have all the necessary information, it should take just a few minutes.
Forgetting your Snapchat username isn’t the end of the world! By following the above steps, you can regain access to your Snapchat account in no time. And remember, prevention is better than cure, so try to keep a record of your usernames and passwords in a safe place going forward.