Control iPhone from PC? Is it even possible? Well, there are practical solutions to accomplish this goal with ease.
The exact purpose of this article is to explain those tweaks and let you control your iPhone from a computer easily.
What Makes It Difficult to Control iPhone from PC?
You may believe that keeping data in cloud storage solutions is the most efficient approach. That means it allows you to gain access to data from anywhere.
This does not, however, involve access to the equipment in question, which will necessitate remote control via other means. You may require access remotely to the iOS devices for any reason, which is a difficult task.
The issue arises because neither PCs nor iOS devices have a built-in remote accessibility option.
Finally, only specially created dedicated tools that grant remote access from PCs can address the problem. Some iOS devices, however, may even have capabilities that can assist with remote monitoring. That said, certain programs are only available on jailbroken devices, which you may not desire.
Let’s get started with a list of methods (or hacks) that can operate your iOS devices from your PC.
PS: let’s figure out how to mirror your Android phone to TV using a Wi-Fi/USB cable.
Solution 1: Use TeamViewer to Control Your iPhone Remotely from a PC
TeamViewer QuickSupport is the name of this remote-control solution for the iPhone, which is well-known for its extensive feature set. To operate an iPhone from a PC, the solution can be readily accessed on any PC.
This software’s most recent version included the ability to share your screen. You can use this to share the display screen of the iPhone with another person. Also, it does allow them to see what’s going on on your device.
This is very useful when looking for answers to technical problems afar. You can use screen sharing to help the other person comprehend the respective problem. And, if they have one, offer a solution. The feature for screen sharing is only available on iOS 11 and later devices. The TeamViewer software must be updated to the most recent 16 versions.
The disadvantage of using this specific application is that it only allows for limited monitoring features on iPhones. Well, except for watching the display actions, you can’t necessarily fully control the device. So, the sole value you will get from this method is it assists you in remotely resolving device issues.
How to use TeamViewer to Control iPhone from a PC
Install the program on the iPhone or iPad that will be used as the target iOS device. Now, run the app on the target device. Then you should wait for TeamViewer to automatically generate a unique ID for you.
Open the software on your computer right now. On the tool’s primary interface, select the “Remote Control” option.
After that, enter the entry ID you were given in that second step and click the Connect button. Activate the Screen Mirroring feature right now.
You can do so by swiping the screen down in Control Center’s area and selecting the appropriate choice.
That was all there was to it. Through a chat window, you will now be able to operate your iPhone from your computer. On both devices, this window will be active.
Solution 2: Use Veency to Control Your iPhone through a PC
Here’s another method to control the iPhone from the PC. In this case, we are using a tool called Veency. Another specialist remote device control tool that provides great monitoring solutions is this one. The versatility of this software is its greatest asset.
We’re referring to the several other monitoring capabilities it provides in addition to screen sharing. With the Veency program, you can nearly entirely control a remotely located iOS device.
Veency connects the respective iOS device to the PC using a variety of powerful methods. Veency has a number of clients, including Tight VNC, UltraVNC as well as Chicken VNC. To access this application on the target device, any of the above-mentioned clients can easily be readily installed.
With the Veency program, you can accomplish a lot on the targeted iOS device. Lock/unlock, alter icon proportions, open apps, check your gallery, and many options are all available.
Note: Using this tool called “Veency” comes with a serious drawback: it requires jailbreaking a target iOS device. The use of this program necessitates the iPhone to be jailbroken, which may have security implications. If you don’t expect to do such a thing, you’ll have to hunt for alternative remote-control options.
How to Control iPhone from PC using Veency
- Jailbreak the iOS device in question to begin the process to control the iPhone from the computer.
- Now, on the same smartphone, launch the Cydia Appstore. Search for the application called Veency.
- On the device, install the program. You should be aware that the program will begin to operate as soon as it is installed. Because it runs in the background, the app’s icon may not appear on the device’s main screen.
- Now, go to your phone’s settings. Check the phone’s IP address by going to the WiFi menu.
- You’ll need to input its IP address to the VNC client’s area on the PC. Now press the Connect button.
- You will see the connection request on the target iOS device once the connection has been established successfully. Accept it to begin projecting the screen of the target iOS device onto the PC using the VNC client.
Solution 3: Use Handoff to Control iPhone through the PC
Apple also offers software that allows for remote control of iOS devices, which will surprise you. We’re talking about Apple’s Handoff tool, which is a built-in feature.
It may be used to link an iPhone to a Macbook without the need to jailbreak the phone. Handoff is a new feature in iOS 8 that allows you to operate your iPhone out of a computer.
There Are Many Different Features Related to Handoff
- Allow users to use the Macbook contacts application to make and receive calls.
- Transfer and continue your Macbook Safari browsing experience on another iOS device.
- Allow access to iPhone apps such as iMessage and the standard SMS platform on your Macbook. Then, you can use them to send and receive messages.
- Create new notes and sync them to your iCloud account. That will assure ease of access from anywhere.
How to Control iPhone from PC using Handoff
- Your MacBook should now be open.
- You’ll now need to turn on the Handoff feature. To do so, navigate to System Preferences. After that, go to the General section. Select Allow Handoff between this Mac and your iCloud devices from the drop-down menu.
- Ensure that both iOS devices are signed in with the same iCloud ID.
- Swiping up from the bottom of the MacBook screen will bring up the app switcher bar. When it opens, select the Handoff icon. Immediately, an icon will appear in the lower-right corner of the screen.
- You may now use your Macbook to control your iPhone’s activity.
Solution 4: Use AirServer to Control iPhone from PC
If you want more advanced control over your iOS devices from your MacBook, you can use the AirServer tool.
This application transforms the MacBook into your AIRPLAY receiver. The MacBook will now receive direct mirroring data from your iOS device. Finally, you may use your PC to operate your iPhone for a variety of applications.
AirServer is different from other servers in that it can communicate wirelessly. You can use a PC to control iOS devices, such as changing the display resolution and the size, etc. Depending on the type of the linked devices, there are a variety of other things you can do.
How to use this Application?
- To begin, download and install the software on your Macbook. You can perform that by simply adhering to the instructions below.
- Connect your Macbook and iPhone to a reliable wireless network.
- Swipe up from the bottom of your iPhone screen to access the control center. Now select AirPlay Mirroring from the drop-down menu.
- AirPlay receivers will appear on the screen. You must first choose the AirPlay receiver you wish to use to mirror the screen of your iOS device on your PC.
- The Macbook and the targeted iOS device would now be connected. You can now start streaming any content on the iPhone using the AirServer’s AirPlay-enabled app.
- Make sure the casting switch is turned on and green. You may now see the iPhone’s screen projected onto the Macbook.
Simply execute any operation on the Macbook that is now linked to the iPhone.
Solution 5: Use ISL Light.4 to Control iPhone using a PC
Here’s another practical solution to control the iPhone from the PC. With this tool, you can easily control your iOS device. So, let’s go ahead and learn what it is.
This app is a godsend for users who want to screencast iOS devices on Windows and Linux PCs. On such PCs, the ISL Light program is the best way to get a remote connection to iOS devices.
With this program, you will have complete remote-control capabilities. It’s purpose-built software for granting remote access to a variety of devices, such as PCs and cell phones.
ISL Light.4 includes a wealth of complex tools that are used to operate iPhones from a PC. Also, it is ideal too, troubleshoot them, manage data, customize them, and much more.
How to use this program to control iPhone through a computer.
How to use USL Light.4
Mentioned below is how to control the iPhone from the computer.
- Begin by downloading this software on your computer. It is compatible with Mac, Linux, and Windows computers and may be downloaded on any of them.
- Launch the software on the PC after successfully installing it using the installation manual.
- Now is the time to start using the software.
- Now, open the software on your iPhone.
- Get the session’s code through the software’s PC session and share it with your iPhone. This will instantly link both devices.
- Please begin monitoring your iOS device through the PC once the connection has been established successfully.
Here’s the perfect option you can use to control the iPhone from a PC with ease. The name of this tool is Wondershare MirrorGo.
In fact, Screencasting is a superb method that can control and watch everything on other devices. With Wondershare MirrorGo, you can accomplish that task with ease.
With the assistance of this tool, you can cast the iPhone’s screen to your PC screen. Also, you can take full control of the device using the keyboard and mouse.
- It can mirror your iOS device into a PC monitor easily
- You can use it as a reverse controller through the PC
- It can capture screenshots and save them easily on your PC
- It can view your iPhone’s notifications using the PC.
- First, connect your iPhone and PC to your WiFi network.
- Install MirrorGo, open it on those devices, and start using it.
Solution 7: Use an Extension to Control Your iPhone through a PC
Chrome Remote Desktop is another option that can be used to control the iPhone from the PC. However, both devices should run the most recent Chrome version to make it happen.
Next, you should install its Desktop app on the iOS device. Then, you can follow the steps below.
- First, you should log into your Google Account. Then, provide the permissions for remote connections.
- Install the Desktop Host Utility.
- Then, create a unique PIN and verify when you want to access the iOS device through your PC.
- Now, open the app on the iOS device. Then, you should select the computer to connect. Verify the PIN again.
- That’s how to do it.
Q1. Is it possible to control my iPhone from a Windows PC? Yes, it is possible to control your iPhone from a Windows PC using various methods such as QuickTime, third-party applications, remote desktop software, or AirServer.
Q2. Do I need to jailbreak my iPhone to control it from my PC? No, jailbreaking is not necessary to control your iPhone from your PC. There are several methods available that do not require jailbreaking.
Q3. Can I transfer files between my iPhone and PC using these methods? Yes, many of the methods mentioned in this article allow you to transfer files between your iPhone and PC seamlessly.
Q4. Are there any security risks involved in controlling my iPhone from a PC? While the methods described in this article are generally safe, it’s important to exercise caution and ensure you download applications from trusted sources to minimize potential security risks.
Q5. Can I control my iPhone from a Mac using these methods? Yes, all the methods discussed in this article are applicable to both Windows and Mac computers, providing seamless control over your iPhone from either platform.
Controlling your iPhone from your PC can greatly improve your user experience and productivity. With methods ranging from using Apple’s official tool QuickTime to exploring third-party applications, remote desktop software, and even jailbreaking, there are options available for users with different needs and preferences. Choose the method that suits you best and enjoy seamless integration between your iPhone and PC.