You have read this article because you were searching for the best family locator app.
In this modern world where we are constantly on the go, staying connected with family members can be a challenging task. That’s where family locator apps come in handy. But what’s the best family locator app for you? Let’s dive into the world of these essential tools.
Importance of Family Locator Apps
Safety and Security
The primary purpose of family locator apps is to ensure the safety and security of your loved ones. In uncertain times, having the ability to track the location of your family members can provide peace of mind.
Beyond safety, these apps provide convenience. Are your kids home from school? Has your spouse left the office? Family locator apps can answer these questions without a single text or call.
Features to Look for in a Family Locator App
Before we delve into the top family locator apps, let’s discuss the key features to consider.
This feature allows you to know the exact location of your family members at any given time.
Geofencing allows you to set boundaries. If a family member enters or leaves this boundary, the app notifies you.
A panic button can alert all family members in case of an emergency, an invaluable feature in critical situations.
We have gone through plenty of family locator apps, and listed below are the best we could find.
Famisafe – The Best Family Locator App
Famisafe has made our list as the best family locator app for various reasons. Famisafe has plenty of features that can easily set it apart from the crowd.
One of the most impressive features of this app is that it doesn’t require rooting or jailbreaking.
This app is developed to be compatible with Android and iOS devices alike. Apart from tracking the device’s real-time location, this app lets you track all the actions performed.
For instance, Famisafe can even track activities like call logs, SMS, WhatsApp, Facebook, Email, etc.
In addition, it can also track call logs and contacts. So, in a nutshell, Famisafe is an all-in-one solution that can track pretty much everything on the target phone.
This powerful software supports the latest iOS and Android versions. The GPS tracking system integrated with this app can track the real-time location. On top of all those features, Famisafe comes with a superb keylogger. This keylogger can track every keystroke typed on the smartphone.
That means you can even track the passwords of all the accounts linked to the target device. Perhaps, this powerful keylogger feature might be a decisive aspect that sets Famisafe apart from the competition.
Special Features of Famisafe:
- No rooting or jailbreaking is needed.
- It has a web-based control panel that can be accessed from anywhere.
- It can track the location history of every target mobile phone.
- Famisafe doesn’t work on Blackberry and Nokia devices.
Other Top 10 Family Locator Apps for You
01. KidsGuard Pro
This is another impressive family locator app that has several useful features. As long as you use KidsGuard Pro, there is no way for you to go wrong. You can consider this app one of the most effective parental control apps on the market.
KidsGuard Pro can track the location of your kid using your mobile phone. One of the best features of this app is that it offers real-time location tracking.
Be an adult family member or a kid; this app tracks them to perfection. Also, it lets you check the location history of the target phone.
Special Features of KidsGuard Pro
- This software has two location tracking modes: GPS tracking and Wi-Fi logger tracking. Wi-Fi logger tracking allows you to find the location with the Wi-Fi networks the target got connected to. However, this feature requires the target device to be connected to Wi-Fi networks.
- It offers the location history of the device (with the date and time) you are trying to track.
- This is one of the most convenient tools to be used.
- Apart from ensuring that your family members are safe, this software also has several other features. That means it lets you check messages, contacts, social media monitoring, photos, calls, etc.
- They offer a 3-day trial period as well.
Life360 is a powerful, popular, and convenient family locator app that tracks GPS locations precisely. This tool allows you to track your family members with a pretty close look. It also offers a map display that notifies with an alert. This alert is more of a geofencing feature.
That means an alert will be sent to you whenever a family member reaches a certain location. Moreover, it allows you to create a group, including loved ones.
This group is called a circle, and those in the Circle will be tracked closely about their whereabouts. The location tracking takes place in real-time.
This tool allows you to create several circles and keep them under your watch.
Special Features of Life360
- It allows you to create circles to track down the location precisely.
- Allow you to find your mobile phones if they are stolen or lost.
- It has a special crash-detection feature as well.
This is another powerful app that can help track down your kids’ whereabouts. With Foursquare Swarm software, you can simply detect the movements of the target device.
It also allows target users to gather points when they reach predefined locations. These points can be collected and compared later on. You can make it a game and award a prize to the kid who gains the greatest number of points.
This special software can make your kids more punctual and disciplined. This tool also has a messaging feature.
Special Features of Swarm
- This tool has a convenient life-logging feature.
- Keep track of the places visited by the target user.
04. Find My Friends
Are you looking for a powerful Android app to see where your family or friends are? If so, Find My Friends is an option you shouldn’t miss out on.
Find My Friend comprises a comprehensive map that shows all important locations within the desired area.
For instance, it shows places like police stations, fire departments, and hospitals nearby. This is a very helpful feature, particularly for kids, when the parents are away.
Special Features of Find My Friends
- It helps you to stay connected with your family and friends.
- Messaging feature.
- Notifies the family members about the whereabouts of the target user.
- Share the meeting location without any delay.
- Free trial version to test the services.
Glympse is a location-tracking app that helps you find family members very conveniently. This app allows you to see the device’s real-time location as well.
Moreover, it allows you to share it with other family members. This is a superb app as long as you want to know what your kids are doing and their whereabouts.
Special Features of Glympse
- Convenient user-interface design.
- Real-time location update without having to download anything.
- Sharing the locations of the target.
- You don’t need to sign up for it.
By the way, click here for the best family calendar app.
ZoeMob Family Locator is an app with several special features to track the location of loved ones. Apart from updating you about the location service, it shows the history, real-time location monitoring, etc.
This app also helps family members to organize their whereabouts as well. You can use the same app to communicate with each other.
Special Features of ZoeMob
- Apart from location tracking, this app also comes with a family calendar.
- It creates special restrictions for the kids.
- Private communication features a panic button to use in emergencies.
This is another handy location tracker app that can easily notify you where your kids are. With this special software, the safety of your kids is assured as you can know their whereabouts precisely.
It helps you know the exact location of the person you track. Moreover, it can create geofences and keep your loved ones safer (particularly your kids).
Special Features of Sygic Family Locator
- This app has an effective family locator app with an instant messaging feature.
- SOS feature that notifies you when your kid enters a marked zone.
This is a free app that comes with limited features, though. To experience all the features without limitation, you should use their premium version.
08. Google+ and Google Maps
When searching for the best family locator app, there are plenty of options to try. Your Android already has a tool called Google+ installed.
Google+ was introduced after the location tracker called Google Latitude. Both Google Latitude and Google+ offer precise location updates to the benefit of worried parents.
However, the target device’s location-sharing feature should be turned on to use this as a locator tracker app. The most practical app to accomplish this task is Google Maps, though.
Special Features of Google+ and Google Maps
- Precise location tracking in real-time.
- Offers directions and traffic information.
- SOS alert feature.
- Add favorite places to the lists as well.
Verizon Wireless has introduced a special family locator app called Verizon Family Locator too. This app lets you know the location of your family members’ smartphones.
Moreover, this tool allows you to designate geographic zones to offer certain alerts. These alerts are sent when the family members leave the predefined zone. It can also create schedule alerts.
Special Features of Verizon Family Locator
- Accurate tracking of locations.
- Geofencing feature.
GPSWOX Family Locator is a decent option for tracking family members’ real-time locations. It also lets you track the location history for the past 30 days. The real-time alert it offers is a great feature to stay alert to your kids even when you are away.
Moreover, it can detect the battery-low conditions of the users and let you know it. That is in addition to tracking the speed limits of the family members’ vehicles.
Special Features of GPSWOX Family Locator
- Precise GPS tracking.
- Location history for 30 days.
- Speed tracking and battery-low alert.
1. Are family locator apps safe to use?
Yes, these apps are designed with user privacy and data security in mind.
2. Can I use these apps on different types of phones?
Most of the apps are compatible with both Android and iOS.
3. Do these apps consume a lot of battery power?
It can vary depending on the app and its usage.
4. Are family locator apps free?
While many have free versions, premium features often come at a cost.
5. Can I turn off the location tracking feature?
Yes, most apps allow you to control when you’re visible to others.
Family locator apps are more than just tools; they’re lifelines in today’s fast-paced world. Regardless of the app you choose, the important thing is the safety and security of your family.
You can go through the list above and pick the best family locator app that serves your purpose. Good luck!