If you have been looking for an APK editor for Windows that would help you in editing APK files that are saved on your computer, then this article will be your one-stop solution.
These APK editors for PC give the best and easy solutions for all your file modification requirements.
This article aims to tell you how to use these tools so that you can edit APK files for Android directly on the computer.
How Does the APK Editor for Windows Help?
What do we know about APK files? These are the extension files for various Android apps compatible with almost all Android-powered smartphones. These files can be edited directly on the PC.
There are several APK editors for PC that help you edit the name and icon of the Android application. These tools make this process a matter of a few minutes with the simple instructions that need to be followed.
You can easily find an APK editor for PC on the Google play store that can be downloaded on your Android smartphone. These APK editing tools will help you decompile the target files on the smartphone itself and make changing the names and icons easy and quick.
You don’t need to download the editing software on any other device if you just want to rename the files or change their icon.
Another time you will need an APK editor for PC is when you want to study the technicalities of the APK files for your Android development knowledge.
These APK editors for PC apps will help you to learn more about developing ideas for newer Android apps.
PS: if you are bothered with the errors of Android file transfer Mac not working, or the Android app not installed, click to fix them now.
Seven Best APK Editors for PC
We bring you the best APK editing software for all your app extension modification needs. If you are not happy with the original font of the application, just take the help of these solutions to change it altogether. These apps can also be downloaded on Android smartphones to get the purpose done.
However, to be able to access the features in their best form and get a better screen experience, you must operate this software on a PC. Getting an APK editor for windows lets you decompile, sign, or recompile the files easily in one place itself.
There are several tools available for Windows that will let you reverse engineer Android apps. However, many best APK editing tools are only available for Android systems. This poses an obvious issue since Android is not compatible with Windows. Well, it can with the right help.
For the Android-exclusive APK editing software, you can run them on the computer with the help of an Android emulator. There are several such emulator solutions available in the market.
It’s time we get you through several vest APK editors for windows we have understood. These tools are a combination of the window-exclusive ones and the others that use an emulator to operate.
1. APK Studio
This open-source software is available for free and helps you decompose the APK files, modify their resources and security codes, and then recompile them.
The APK studio helps you change anything you want inside the file. For professional Android developers, this app is the best option.
The software is complicated, so if you have just begun with Android development, you will need time to adjust the various operations well.
The APKeditor has most of the tools required for Android development that allows editing and rebuilding applications.
Let’s take a look at some of APK Studio’s features:
- Decompiling and recompiling the APKfiles
- Managing many frameworks at the same time
- Automatic zip alignment and signing of the files
- A shell launcher
- SMALI and XML code assistance and highlighted syntax
- Partition, file browser, and mount management
- Batch installation of the APK features to allow enabling, disabling, pulling, and uninstalling the Android applications
- The resources and source codes are visible
- Enable editing of the current Android APKfile even in the absence of the sources files/code
- Analysis of the APK features for checking suspicious codes and privacy check
- Modify or customize any APK file for Android
- An adding feature to add any extra function
- Best Android app debugger
2. APK Icon Editor
This app will be your best partner if you do not know anything about the Android app development domain. This is very basic editing software that doesn’t require one to be technologically advanced for just editing the icon, names, and versions of the files. You should try out this tool.
The software comes for free and has an easy user interface to be operated on the computer. This will let you edit almost any Android app. You can edit the icon and names of the application fast with a few simple steps.
You just need to download the APKeditor for windows on your PC and install it to start the editing process. Once done with it, keep following the instructions that appear on the screen to do the necessary settings of the editor tool on the PC.
Some of the features of the APK icon editor software are:
- Modify the size of the icon
- Change the name and icon of the APKfiles
- Upload the modified files to OneDrive, Dropbox, Google Drive, or Cloud storage
- Change the version and continue the version
- Modify the color of the icon
- Change the size of the icon
3. APK File Manager
This editing tool is a full package for Android apps that can be reversely engineered. It is fully compatible with Windows. The APK editors for the PC tool do almost every function.
It brings some interesting features like a direct information feed from the Google play store in the form of screenshots that can be stored offline. The software enables this feature by analyzing the APK file’s directory and collecting the basic information and data of the icon.
Some of the other features include moving the old APK file version into a different folder for inspection before removing them.
There is an option called the Customer renaming mask that is used for giving new names to the files, and this renaming can be done for a batch of files at the same time.
This editing tool is one of the most professional ones out of all the other APK editors for Windows and file managers.
4. APK Easy Tool
The idea of the APK editors for PC is in its name itself; it allows the reverse engineering of Android apps to be very simple.
This Window program is very lightweight, which allows all the basic management tasks for the APK files, including compilation and decompilation, along with signing. It works more efficiently because of its light user interface, which is more comprehensible.
One feature of the APK editors for PC includes the drag-and-drop system, which allows you to move the files easily for compilation or decompilation. Some of the other essential features include enabling or disabling the update checks and extracting the APK files from their ZIP archives.
This has the best framework management system, which also allows the user to change the tags and paths.
5. APK Editor Pro
It is an APK editor for PC that is free, allowing Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 users to manage and edit the Android APK files. The app is exclusively designed for all Android versions up to Oreo.
The tool cannot run independently on Windows, so you will need to take help from the emulator called Bluestacks to run the software after downloading it from the Google Play Store.
After downloading the software, you will be able to use an APK management tool that is loaded with the best features. This editing tool has an upgraded resource-building system that gives a smooth performance when you work with apps supported by the Android 5.0 Lollipop version or the latest ones.
You can also select the target files from the application directly, which saves time for unpacking the data.
This APK editor for windows is simply the best solution for third-party Android applications that support reverse engineering. The APK editor for PC is lightweight and free, which allows the smooth management of closed binary applications.
One of its many talents includes enabling resource decoding for almost any app, which can then be restructured through editing.
The easy user interface enables app management with easy steps, all thanks to the tool’s clear automation skills that allow repetitive task handling.
Some of the amazing features of the software include the organization of the APK files that use the resource framework. It also helps in building the decoded resources after their decompilation. Another unique thing about the tool is that it is the best-kept APKeditor for windows, regularly updated with the best feature.
A new version came in Feb 2022. These updates keep the software fresh and improved, and debugging is an essential part of the process, significantly improving the users’ overall experience of this editing tool.
Also, let’s learn more about how to get Spotify Premium APK.
7. APK Editor Studio
This tool for reverse engineering is a very powerful editing software but doesn’t come in a complicated form.
It allows the user to do so many things from a single platform edit, replace, or extract the resources from the APK icons or images; add more resources translations, create a unique AKO mod and then learn about its internal functioning.
It has multiple tools that come in handy for changing the title and icon of the applications easily, signing the APK files automatically, and then installing them on the device without any hassle.
Some of the features of this APK editor for windows include:
- The software automatically detects the icons of the APK file so that they can be changed quickly.
- It also allows the modification of the title of the Android applications as per the requirement. You can also use different languages to translate the text.
- You can view the images and replace them anytime too. The images can also be converted into any format, including SVG, PNG, JPEG, GIF, ICO, BMP, and many others.
- The tool intelligently inspectors the resources of the APK files and groups them according to valid qualifications. This makes it easy for the user to browse the files.
- The internal text editing of the tool has a highlighting feature of the syntaxes of YAML and XML formats.
- You wouldn’t need to manually modify the manifest content to remove or add the various permissions to the Android apps.
- The project management abilities of the tool are effective and present a single hub for performing all the APK editing-related functions. A simple search brings you the best and most relevant results.
- It also allows editing the very important Android manifestations without requiring digging into the internal system.
- There is a default key in the tool and one you will add via the key manager, which automatically signs the APK file.
- The optimizer of this editing software automatically refreshes the APK file after the pack-up to enhance its stability and reduce RAM usage.
- This APK editor for windows can be installed in one go. You can easily manage all the devices, which allows you quicker access.
The latest 1.6.0 version is available for download on Linux, Windows, and macOS. This APK editor comes for free for both iOS and Windows. It’s a cross-platform and open-source tool, which can be your best option.
We hope that this article helped you through your search for an APK editor for windows that are available in plenty for download. These tools will help you with all your editing needs and get the files arranged in the required manner.
Make sure to share your experience with any of these tools in the comment section below, and also tell us if you come across any other amazing APK editing software that you think is worth checking out.