If you play Pokemon Go, then you may have come across the Pokemon Go Adventure sync not working issue.
If the sync does not work, it prevents other applications from accessing your data. This could hamper the gameplay. So, it is important to fix this frustrating issue sooner.
So, what to do if Pokemon Go Adventure sync not working even after trying Google sign-on, unlinking Google Fit, reinstalling Google Fit and Pokemon Go, switching off optimization, and battery saver for both applications?
There could be various reasons why this issue occurs on your smartphone. Maybe you have not specified the sync settings properly? Or maybe Pokemon Go does not enjoy all the allocated permissions and privileges?
Here are some fixes to get rid of this Pokemon Go issue on your smartphone.
Part 1: Troubleshooting Tips to Fix Pokemon Go Adventure Sync Not Working
Before exploring the potential solutions to the sync problem for Pokemon Go, you can try the following troubleshooting tips.
1. Switch on Adventure Sync
Firstly, you should ensure that the Adventure Sync feature should be switched on. Also, make sure that it is connected to Pokemon Go on your smartphone.
2. Make sure to install Google Fit to Fix ‘Pokemon Go Adventure Sync Not Working’
Google Fit should be installed on your mobile device. This application should be recording the physical activities, such as your walking steps.
3. Provide Google Fit with the needed permissions
Google Fit should have all the permissions to run along with the Pokemon Go game on your Android device.
4. Check the compatibility of your device
Gamers have to make sure that their devices are compatible with the feature ‘Adventure Sync.’
5. Completely close Pokemon Go to fix ‘Pokemon Go Adventure Sync Not Working’
Pokemon Go should not be running or open, even in the background. Otherwise, it will employ Go+, and gamers will face problems like Pokemon Go Adventure Sync Not Working.
6. Be aware of the sync delays
Often, syncing takes some hours to work. In that case, you need to be a bit patient.
PS: if you are facing problems like how to fix the GPS signal not found 11 issue, here are the top solutions for you.
Part 2: Best Ways to Resolve Pokemon Go Adventure Sync Not Working (Android)
To resolve Pokemon Go Adventure sync not working on Android devices, try the following fixes.
1. Try updating Pokemon Go to the Recent Version
Pokemon Go is updated continuously for keeping up with advanced technologies and patching up unknown bugs. It may be a possibility that the problem you are currently facing has been resolved in the app’s latest version.
In the first place, you should update the Pokemon Go application to the recent version on your Android device. For this, you have to follow the given instructions below:
- Visit Google Play Store and then, look for Pokemon Go. Click on it.
- Click on the tab ‘Update‘ for updating this game on the device.
Besides, let’s learn more about how to teleport in Pokémon Go easily.
2. Switch off Battery Saver Mode to Fix ‘Pokemon Go Adventure Sync Not Working’
Today, smartphones feature a battery saver mode for increasing the device’s battery timing by restricting the background functions of services, applications, and sensors. However, if Pokemon Go and Google Fit are not exempted from this mode, it could result in issues like Pokemon Go Adventure sync not working.
In that situation, it is best to exempt both of these applications from the battery-saver mode. For this, you have to turn off this mode properly, as recommended below.
In case you have enabled the battery saver on your Android device, then it could interfere with Pokemon Go. If so, you have to disable this feature to fix the Pokemon Go Adventure Sync not working issue. To perform this action, go through the following steps:
- Visit ‘Settings‘ and select ‘Battery.’
- From there, select ‘Battery Saver‘ and then click on the ‘Turn Off Now‘ tab.
Now, check if the sync feature is working fine on your Android smartphone.
3. Try changing the Timezone to Automatic to fix ‘Pokemon Go Adventure Sync Not Working’
If you use a manual Timezone on your smartphone and travel to different time zones, then it could cause the Adventure Go sync issue. So, it is best to change the date and time settings to ‘Automatic’ to resolve the problem.
Also, if the date and time settings are incorrect on your device, then you should set the settings to ‘Automatic.’ This should fix the Pokemon Go Adventure sync not working issue. To change the Timezone, follow the instructions given below:
- Visit ‘Settings‘ and then go to ‘System.’
- After that, click on the ‘Date & Time‘ tab.
- Next, you have to enable the option ‘Automatic Date & Time.’
Now, the issue will be resolved successfully.
4. Modify Location to High Accuracy to Fix ‘Pokemon Go Adventure Sync Not Working’
When you use low accuracy mode for the device’s location, then it could result in the Adventure Go sync issue as applications like Pokemon Go use your location details.
Thus, it is best to ensure that your location is highly accurate for fixing the Pokemon Go Adventure Sync Not Working issue.
- Visit ‘Settings‘ on your Android device. Then, tap on ‘Security & Lock Screen.’
- Next, click on ‘Location‘ and switch on the option of ‘Google Location Accuracy.’
This will help to resolve this frustrating issue.
5. Link Pokemon Go and Google Fit Again
Communication glitches between Pokemon Go and Google Fit can be the reason behind the sync issue. Moreover, the problem can occur if you are using two different accounts for Pokemon Go and Google Fit.
The best way to fix the sync problem between Google Fit and Pokemon Go is to link the game with the Google Fit application again.
- Open Google Fit on your Android device and select ‘Profile.’
- Choose the icon of ‘Settings‘ and select the ‘Manage Connected Apps‘ tab.
- Look for Pokemon Go. Then, click on ‘Disconnect.’
- Next, reconnect the game to the Google Fit application.
Now, see if the Pokemon Go Adventure sync not working issue still persists.
6. Modify Permissions for Google Fit and Pokemon Go
If Pokemon Go and related health applications like Apple Health or Google Fit do not enjoy access to the needed permissions, they would not be able to get your actual physical step information as that is referred to as private.
So, providing the necessary permissions to the applications might fix the sync issue.
For Android devices:
Users have to make sure that both applications enjoy all the allotted permissions. To change permissions on Android devices, go through the instructions given below.
- Open ‘Settings‘ and then tap on ‘Apps & Notifications‘
- From there, select ‘Pokemon Go‘ and then click on ‘Permissions.’
- Now, make sure all the switches are set to the ‘On‘ position.
You have to do the same for Google Fit too.
For iOS devices:
- Open ‘Apple Health‘ and choose ‘Sources.’
- From there, select ‘Pokemon Go‘ and then choose ‘Turn on every category.’
- After that, visit the home tab on your phone and select the ‘Privacy‘ section from Account Settings.
- Next, choose ‘Apps‘ and then select ‘Pokemon Go.’
- Now, give access to every option. Move back to the ‘Privacy‘ tab and select ‘Motion & Fitness.’
- Visit ‘Fitness Tracking‘ and switch it ON.
- Now, visit the ‘Privacy‘ section and tap on the ‘Location Services‘ tab.
- Select ‘Pokemon Go‘ and change the permission to ‘Always‘ for location.
- Once selected, the ‘Change to Always Allow‘ option is, iOS may send additional prompts to remind the phone users that the application can access their location.
Part 3: How to Fix the Pokemon Go Sync Issue
If the Pokemon Go Adventure sync not working issue shows up even after trying all the above solutions, then there may be a problem with the operating system of your device. The best way to fix the issue is to use Tenorshare ReiBoot for Android.
This program enables users to resolve the core operating system of the device. After the operating system is fixed, the sync feature will work great with applications like Google Fit on your Android device.
To fix the operating system of your device, follow the steps listed below.
Get Tenorshare ReiBoot for Android
1: First, download Tenorshare ReiBoot on your system and install it.
2: Please connect your device to the computer and run the program. Select the ‘Repair Android System‘ option.
3: Tap on the ‘Repair Now‘ tab.
4: Put in your device information and press the ‘Next‘ option.
5: Once you have downloaded the firmware, select the ‘Repair Now‘ tab.
6: Now, your device will start to repair. Once your device is repaired, the program will notify you.
Now, you would not be facing any sync problems like Pokemon Go Adventure sync not working on your Android device.
Part 4: More About the Pokemon Go Sync Issue
1. How much time does it take to update Adventure Sync?
It takes between a minute to an hour to update Adventure Sync on your Android device.
2. Does Pokemon Go Adventure Sync function without Wi-Fi?
Yes, the Pokemon Go Adventure Sync functions without Wi-Fi. Users can use their cellular data for using the sync feature on their smartphones.
3. Why is Pokemon Go Adventure Sync not working?
There are lots of reasons why you face the Pokemon Go Adventure Sync not working issue on your smartphone, including:
- The application ‘Pokemon Go‘ is not updated.
- You have enabled the ‘Battery Saver‘ feature on your Android device.
- You have not switched on the high-accuracy mode for the location services.
- Pokemon Go does not enjoy the needed app permissions.
Hopefully, the above-mentioned methods will help you resolve the Pokemon Go Adventure Sync not working issue on your Android smartphone. If nothing works, then it is best to use Tenorshare ReiBoot for Android to resolve the issues related to Android OS.
With this application, you can resolve any Pokemon Go errors like Pokemon Go Failed to Detect Location or Pokemon Go keeps crashing.