What is NoiseGator? When it comes to making the microphone’s quality as good as possible, it can be done by canceling or reducing the background noise while recording or making a call.
There is no doubt that good sound quality is easy to achieve, with a good quality microphone costing you a bit higher. But what if you don’t have that kind of microphone? In such cases, there are mainly three things that you can do in order to get the best sound quality in your recording.
The first thing that is generally in your hand is to close all the doors and windows of the room in which you are recording. The second thing is to arrange your hardware in such a way that the sound being created by them is not taken in by the microphone.
It will also help you minimize the background noise. And the third thing is to make use of noise gate software or application like NoiseGator.
What is NoiseGator?
NoiseGator is a type of noise gate software that performs the task of routing audio from the audio input to the audio output. The software is lightweight. It means that it will not consume much of your system resources.
And, as far as its functioning is concerned, the gate bypasses the audio in a normal way if it is above the threshold. But in case the audio is below the threshold, it is cut, and the gate closes.
Thus the application makes the analysis of the audio level and makes corrections if needed, resulting in the reduction or cancellation of the background noise.
And, it is possible for you to use NoiseGator as a noise gate either for input or for output of sound if you use it with a virtual cable.
Features Of NoiseGator
NoiseGator comes with a lot of useful features. I have listed below the key features. Just have a look at them:
- NoiseGator can reduce or cut the background noise while you are speaking to someone on Skype or any other VOIP.
- It functions as a noise gate for the input to the output of audio.
- The application is very easy to use, and you will not have a hard time while getting used to it.
- You can also make use of this application for feeding a microphone through a speaker. It is also a great advantage or feature that it offers.
- It can noise gate a microphone in order to cancel the background hiss and noise.
System Requirements For NoiseGator
In order for you to be able to install NoiseGator on your PC/laptop successfully, it is mandatory for your system to have the following resources:
- Java 6 or higher if you are using Mac.
- Java 7 or even higher if you are using Windows.
- For using NoiseGator with VOIPs like Skype, a virtual audio cable will also be required.
Best Alternatives To NoiseGator
Apart from NoiseGator, there are many other applications or programs that you can use to cancel the background noise while you are using a microphone. After in-depth research, I have selected the three best such programs and listed them below for you to go through:
With the use of this tool from SoliCall, you can improve the audio quality while making a phone call of any kind. That’s because this application or software offers not only innovative noise reduction but also the cancellation of cloud-based and client echo.
Software developers, network operators, call centers, conference-bridge providers, etc., are some of its clients from all over the globe.
Below given are the key features that this SoliCall application offers to its users:
- It is very easy for this application to solve almost all kinds of audio issues or problems professionally.
- The audio quality of the phone calls can be improved with the use of this tool.
- The noise reduction technology that this software possesses is patented and innovative as well.
- This application is compatible with a large variety of devices available out there.
- The innovative technology that this software comes with has been upgraded or improved over the last few years.
- Even the complex issues related to the audio quality have been successfully solved.
- This technology is being used all over the world with the purpose of filtering phone calls daily.
- A dedicated and helpful support team is offered by SoliCall in order to assist its clients in the best way.
2) DSP Soundware
DSP Soundware makes use of an ANC (Adaptive Noise Cancelling) algorithm, which makes it powerful software for noise cancellation. This software can be used on a PC/laptop working on Windows.
If you use it with a headphone, it will cancel all the background noise with the use of its algorithm, thus making your listening experience better. Once you start using it, you will surely fall in love with it.
The key features that you will be offered by this software are as follows:
- DSP Soundware is able to cancel the background noise very sharply.
- It is of great use in environments with high noise.
- The CPU power consumed by the program is very low.
- You can use it even with battery-powered CPUs.
- It can improve your music-listening experience also.
- Intelligibility and the quality of the voice can be easily improved by the program.
Besides, click here to try the best free voice changer tools.
This program has been developed to be used with the Andrea USB devices, and it supports the Windows operating system. It comes with the latest filters for noise reduction.
The key and most important features of this noise reduction tool are given below one by one:
- The program makes the noise cancellation task very easy.
- It makes use of the latest Audio commander.
- The software comes with a graphic equalizer of high fidelity.
- There is a set of preset selections for the specific control of the various audio levels like mid-range, bass, and treble, thus making it possible for you to customize the tone of sound as per your liking.
- It is possible to enhance intelligibility by signal-cleaning with the use of this program.
- There are also available some recording features of the microphone like light beamforming, microphone boost, beam direction, and many more to say.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Can NoiseGator be used with any audio software?
Yes, NoiseGator can be used with various audio software and streaming platforms. It is compatible with popular applications such as OBS Studio, Audacity, and Discord.
Q2. Does NoiseGator work in real-time?
Yes, NoiseGator operates in real-time, allowing you to monitor and adjust the noise reduction settings on the fly.
Q3. Are the alternatives mentioned in this article free to use?
Some alternatives may offer free versions with limited features, while others require a purchase or subscription. Check the respective websites of the alternatives for detailed pricing information.
Q4. Can these noise reduction tools completely eliminate all background noise?
While these tools are highly effective at reducing background noise, complete elimination may not be possible in all situations. The level of noise reduction depends on the specific software, environmental factors, and the type of background noise present.
Q5. Can I use more than one noise reduction tool simultaneously?
In most cases, using multiple noise reduction tools simultaneously is not recommended, as it can lead to unwanted artifacts or conflicts. Choose one reliable tool that meets your needs and utilize its features to achieve optimal results.
If you intend to achieve audio quality as high as possible without changing the microphone you are currently possessing, it is highly recommended to go for some noise gate program or noise cancellation software, as mentioned above. You will surely appreciate the results offered by them.
But, in case you are driving a vehicle like a car, etc., it is recommended not to make use of this kind of noise cancellation tool.
That’s because the noise-cancellation will cancel the background sounds, making it impossible for you even to hear the sounds that would otherwise help you recognize the danger. So driving will not be safe if you make use of such tools while you drive.