Kernel Data Inpage Error is commonly known as blue screen error as well. In addition to that, some individuals consider it to be a death code error.
This specific error appears whenever your PC comes across severe hardware or software failure and cannot overcome it.
In fact, the system prevents operating, so it can prevent further damage to the OS. With that said, mentioned below are the solutions you can use to address this error.
Part 1: Kernel Data Inpage Error in your Windows 7, 8, or 10 system
Basically, the “Kernel Data Inpage Error” is a pretty common problem that is associated with Windows. If you are a novice user who sees it for the first time, that can make you frustrated. However, as a matter of fact, the blue screen of death can be fixed.
But you should not underestimate the risk of losing data as a result of trying to fix this issue. In certain cases, users tend to use the wrong method to fix it, so losing data can be obvious. If you use the method, we mention it below.
However, you can quickly fix this issue without losing data. So, follow the guide and get your computer out from the “Kernel Data Inpage Error.” In fact, we offer several different methods, so you can pick the most appropriate option.
PS: let’s learn more about how to fix the unmountable boot volume issue on your Windows 10.
Part 2. Top Ways to Fix Kernel Data Inpage Error
Method 01: Unplug the External Devices Restart Your Computer
If you want to fix the ‘Kernel Data Inpage Error,’ you should first start with the most basic issue. When you see this issue, please first remove all the external attached devices from your computer system.
After that, you should restart the computer system. Restarting the computer system is considered a general solution to kernel data in page errors. In most cases, the problem gets solved by restarting the system.
Method 02: Use Windows Boot Genius to Fix Kernel Data Inpage Error
It is true that the above method is a general method to resolve this issue. However, that doesn’t necessarily mean that it is the most effective method available for you if the system has worked.
So, if the above method doesn’t solve the issue, you should move to an effective way. There can be a data loss when you reboot the computer after seeing the Kernel Data Inpage Error. It happens with the ongoing work in particular.
That is because the operating system doesn’t allow the applications to store data before restarting. So, it would help if you realized that there is a huge risk of losing your precious data.
The special tool we introduce here is Tenorshare Windows Boot Genius. This handy tool has the ability to perform a lot of things other than fixing the Kernel Data Inpage Error. In fact, this tool can fix all the booting issues and repair the corrupted OS through a bootable disk.
Before we learn how to use this software, let’s learn its associated features. Mentioned below are those features for your reference.
- It allows you to fix the potential booting failure, kernel data in page error, and the system crash.
- It can fix a variety of other different errors such as “NTLDR is Missing” and “BOOTMGR is Missing,” etc.
- Tenorshare Windows Boot Genius can fix potentially crashed MBR and the corrupted registry.
- This tool comes with an excellent data recovery package, as well.
- You can use it to clone a hard drive and back up and restore the files and system.
- It is capable of restoring the Windows password and its product key as well.
Now that you have a good understanding of the capabilities of this tool. Let’s learn how to use it. Let’s explain the process step-by-step so you can get it done easily.
Before everything else, you should insert a writeable DVD or a USB flash drive into the faulty PC. Once you have done that, launch Tenorshare Windows Boot Genius.
- After launching the software, you will see the home screen. Then, it will detect the attached device automatically. Now, you can see a popup message in front of you. After that, you will have to hit the option called “burn” so you can create a bootable disk. This disk will boot up the computer that suffers from Kernel Data Inpage Error.
- The next step you should follow is configuring the BIOS setup. To get it done, you will have to move the disk that you burned already. Then, you should set the BIOS in a way to boot your PC from the burned bootable disk. In this case, please be careful to choose the DVD or the USB flash accordingly.
- Now, you should select the “rescue window” option from the interface opened in front of you. In fact, there will be four options from which you have to choose one mode. You will proceed with this mode. After choosing the mode, you have to perform according to the instructions provided on the screen through the tool. As a result, the issue will be fixed, and your PC will be up and running.
Method 03: Check the Memory through Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool
Here’s another way to fix Kernel Data Inpage Error if you don’t want to use the above tool. With this process, you will be checking the memory issues of your computer system. You can quickly get it done by using the native memory diagnostic tool of the Windows OS.
If not, you can go for a third-party software tool and perform memory testing. Indeed, the windows memory diagnostic tool is not that accurate and efficient. However, many individuals don’t want to download any testing software tool.
Therefore, we assume you want to use the default tool, so the steps are mentioned below.
- First, you should press the Windows and R keys simultaneously to bring up the Run utility.
- Once done, you should enter the text “mdsched” in the bar. Then, you should hit the Enter key as well.
- Now, you should click on the option “restart now and check for the problems (recommended).”
As of now, you can see potential errors in the process. If there are no results, you should follow the steps mentioned below.
- Now, you should press the Windows key once again.
- After that, you should type the text “Memory Diagnostic Tool” in the search bar.
- Then, you should go to the option “Windows Memory Diagnostic.” Just right-click on it and choose the option “run as administrator.”
- After that, you should choose the option “Restart Now and check for the problems.”
Once you have done that, you will see that RAM checking starts on its own. After that, all you should do is wait patiently. Once the checking is done, you can see the results of the scan in a separate window.
This entire process will explain the condition of the RAM. That means it will tell you if there is an error or not. If there is a negative aspect, you will be able to check if the RAM should be changed. If there is an error with the RAM, just replace it.
Method 04: Perform a CHKDSK Scan
The next option is to perform a CHKDSK scan. Please follow up below the easy guide to get it done.
- First, you should open the RUN window. To get it done, you should press the Window key with the R key.
- Now, enter the text “CMD” and hit OK.
- After that, you should enter the text code “chkdsk c: /f /r.” Then, you should hit “enter.” However, if you have installed the OS on a different drive, use its letter instead of C.
Method 05: Put Paging File Management into Automatic Mode
As the error code suggests, it is a Kernel Data Inpage Error. So, there is a bad sector or a block in the page file.
In this case, you should try putting the Page File Management into Automatic Mode.
- You should hit the Windows key and E simultaneously to launch File Explorer on the keyboard.
- Then, right-click This PC and click Properties.
- Now, you should go to Advanced System Settings.
- Then, make sure to click on Settings located under the Performance category.
- After that, please go to the Advanced tab & go to Change.
- You can check if the box labeled “Automatically manage paging file size for all drives” is already ticked. Be sure that it is ticked if it is currently disabled.
By the way, if you are facing the issue of Windows 0xc1900101 Error, here are the top fixes for you.
Method 06: Perform a malware scan
If you have not run a virus scan, it is time to do it now. Sometimes, Kernel Data Inpage Error can trigger due to a malware attack.
So, use the Windows Defender tool or any other professional third-party tool to get it done. Also, be sure to perform a deep scan.
Method 07: Update the drivers
Sometimes, the issue is probably caused by driver issues. In this case, the option you are left with is to update the drivers. However, updating all the drivers manually might be a daunting task. If that is the case, please seek the help of a professional tool like Driver Easy.
Well, Driver Easy will automatically recognize the entire file system. Then, it will locate the correct drivers for it. The whole scanning will be done through this tool.
So, you don’t need to bother about downloading drivers manually. Also, you don’t have to face the risk of manually downloading the driver.
If you purchase the pro version of this tool, you can update all the drivers with two clicks. However, for the free version, you should download drivers one by one. The choice is yours.
Here’s how to get it done.
- First, please download Driver Easy and install it.
- Now you should run Driver Easy on the faulty computer.
- Then, you should run the tool and click on the option “Scan Now.” Then, Driver Easy will perform a scan and detect the potentially problematic drivers without any issue.
- Please click on the option “Update” next to each flagged driver. If not, you can use the pro version and hit “Update All.”
Other Ways to Fix Kernel Data Inpage Error
Here are some other ways to fix this Kernel Data Inpage Error.
● Check If the HDD is Working Correctly
If there is a weird noise coming out of your computer’s Hard Disk Drive, that could be a problem. That means there is something wrong with the HDD. If so, you will have to replace it.
● Check the IDE or SATA Cable
As mentioned before, Kernel Data Inpage Error can occur due to bad sectors on the HDD. So, the system cannot read the data properly.
The same error can trigger due to faulty IDE or SATA cables as well. So, check if the cable is damaged or loosened.
So, that’s how to fix Kernel Data Inpage Error. Should you have any questions, please comment below.