There is no shortage of individuals who wonder how to make a playlist on TikTok.
This guide would be immensely helpful if you are one of them and have the same question.
So, let’s keep reading this article and learn how to do that without any hassle.
Introduction to TikTok Playlist
Playlists are a new addition to the TikTok app. Using this tool, makers can better organize their work into digestible categories for their audiences.
This saves you the trouble of aimlessly browsing a creator’s work in search of something of interest.
The playlist is organized so that you can quickly jump to the songs that are of interest to you. While many authors would benefit from this option, it is not open to all of them.
If you want to use this function on your TikTok account, you’ll need to hit a particular level first. We have a manual available that will teach you how to use this function as well.
Besides, here, let’s figure out how to change the phone number on TikTok, as well as how to remove a phone number from a TikTok account with ease.
Okay, So How to Make Playlists on TikTok?
With TikTok, you will be able to set up a playlist in one of two ways. You have the option of making a playlist through your profile. If not, you can do it by selecting a video and doing so from within the player.
However, before you can utilize this function, you should double-check it. So, you must see if your TikTok account is one of the lucky few that has been granted access.
In order to accomplish this, you should follow the steps below.
- First, you should get your mobile phone ready and open TikTok.
- After that, you should tap on the tab labeled “Profile.” It can be found at the bottom of the screen.
After reaching the profile section, just go ahead and follow the steps mentioned below.
- You should select “Sort videos into Playlists.”
- You will notice a small introduction related to the playlists. All you need is to tap on the “Start creating” option.
- Now, you should enter a name for the respective playlist. After that, you should select the option called “Next.”
- Now, you will see the playlist. You can select any video that should be added to the newly created playlist. Then, hit “Next” to proceed.
You can see the playlist on the profile. Tap on the “+” symbol located beside the new playlist. If you wonder how to make playlists on TikTok, it is a matter of clicking on that icon.
Please note that the videos you must add to the playlist be already public. There is a different way to create this playlist.
So, let’s see how to make a playlist on TikTok.
- Open the TikTok app and reach the profile.
- Now, you should open the video that should be added to the playlist.
- Press on the respective video and hold it.
- Select the option called “Add to playlist.”
- After that, tap “Create a playlist.”
- That’s how to make a playlist on TikTok. Just name it as you wish and then add any other video to proceed.
Videos can be added to a preexisting playlist. Well, you can do it by clicking “Add to Playlist,” or they can be added during the upload process.
After finishing a video, it is possible to share it by tapping the “Add to Playlist” option. You can find it on the screen of the Post. Follow that by clicking the Post button.
When you do this, the respective video will automatically be added to a playlist. Remember that each video can only appear in one playlist. The video must be deleted from the existing playlist before it can be added to a new one.
So, that’s how to make playlists on TikTok.
Also, if you are searching for how to pin a comment on TikTok, here, let’s figure out how to pin comments on TikTok or TikTok Live with simple steps.
Can Anyone Create a Playlist?
There are no requirements for using this function. The minimum number of TikTok followers required to access this option is not made clear.
That said, for security reasons, this option is restricted to a select few creators only. This function was unlocked for some users, around 800 followers; however, for others, it took 50,000.
To be successful, you should have a creator or company account, but you can’t rely on getting followers. You should change the account type if you’re currently logged in as a personal user.
Below are the actions you can take to determine the type of account you have.
- First, you should open TikTok using a mobile device.
- After that, tap its Profile tab. You can find that tap at the base of the screen.
- Then, please tap on the icon that appears as three dots, and it is at the top.
- Now, you should tap the option called “Settings & privacy.”
- Select the option called “Manage account.”
- Then, you should tap the option labeled “Switch to Creators Account.” If not, you should select “Switch to Business Account.”
- Tap on the option called “Next.” Then, you should follow the onscreen instructions.
Do You Already Have a Business Account?
Do you see the option called “Switch to Personal Account” but not “Business” or “Creator” account? If so, that’s a clear sign that your account is not a “Personal” one. This specifically means that there is nothing to change in terms of the type of account.
Nevertheless, you cannot be 100% sure that you will get this feature even with a business or creator account. That means just because you have a business or creator account, that’s not a guarantee to acquire this feature.
There could be a delay of several weeks or even months when upgrading to a business or creator account. Unfortunately, there has been no formal statement from TikTok clarifying who is eligible to use this specific feature.
Also, if you wonder how to combine two videos on TikTok, we explain how to merge videos on TikTok easily with professional tools.
Removing Videos from a Playlist
Now that you know how to make playlists on TikTok. Let’s learn something more about it.
Mentioned below are the steps so you can remove a video or videos from the playlist.
- First, you should go to the profile on TikTok.
- Once you have done that, open the video in question (the one that should be removed).
- Press on the video and hold it.
- Select the option called “Remove.”
Is It Possible to Rearrange the Video Orders?
When you create a playlist, the very first video added will be at the very end.
You can change the order of videos in a playlist once you’ve created it. You can accomplish this by following these measures.
- First, you should go to your TikTok profile after opening the app on your mobile.
- Now, go to the tab labeled “Videos” and select the playlist that should be rearranged.
- Then, tap the icon that appears as three dots. You can see that icon at the top of the screen.
- Now, please go to the option called “Edit playlist.”
- Hold the icon that appears as three parallel lines (next to the videos), so you can rearrange it.
Also, it is also possible to get rid of unwanted videos through Edit Playlist.
Now, tap the “Remove videos” option to remove them from the list. If not, you can even select the “Add videos” option to add new videos to that list.
Deleting an Entire Playlist
In some cases, you may also need to delete a playlist already created.
Well, the good news is that it is very easy to delete a playlist. To do this, you should follow the steps mentioned below.
- First, you should go to the Profile in your TikTok app.
- After that, in the tab labeled “Videos,” you should tap on the icon that appears like three dots. You can find it at the top of the screen.
- Then, select the option called “Delete playlist.”
- After that, you should hit the “Delete” button to confirm the action.
- Can I make a private playlist on TikTok?
Yes, you can change the privacy settings of your playlist to make it private.
- Can I add other people’s videos to my playlist?
Yes, you can add any public video to your playlist.
- How many videos can I add to a TikTok playlist?
You can add up to 300 videos to a playlist.
- How many playlists can I create on TikTok?
You can create up to 1000 playlists.
- Can I share a TikTok playlist with non-TikTok users?
Yes, you can share the link with non-TikTok users, but they’ll need to download the app to view the playlist.
If you wonder how to make a playlist on TikTok, the above guide explains it in a simplified manner.
Creating, arranging, and deleting playlists in TikTok is easy, and there’s no rocket science behind it.
However, please let us know if you still have any doubts about this process. We will answer your queries at our earliest.