There can be some instances in which you want to know how to find out where someone works.
That said, in this article, we intend to explain the most viable options to get it done.
So, if you have the same requirement and want to try the practical options, here’s a must-read for you.
There are a variety of situations in which knowing a person’s place of employment would be useful.
So you’re dating this person, and you’d like to give them a treat at work without them finding out about it, right? Or, if you’re having trouble being paid back on a debt, you’ll need the debtor’s place of employment for wage garnishment.
Finding someone’s workplace might be challenging and exhausting, but have no fear. Here are several methods for discovering a person’s place of employment.
Besides, if you wonder how to find someone free of charge, don’t worry; here, we explain the most practical methods of finding someone online for you.
How to Find out Where Someone Works?
Search tools are very impressive in many cases if you wonder how to find out where someone works. Such a tool can deliver plenty of information within a very short period.
Legitimately searching through plenty of public documents provides you with the most precise and up-to-date information possible. For instance, it might have personal information, contact information, and employment history.
You cannot use an individual’s employer’s address or entries as a factor in the hiring process. Also, you cannot use that data beyond any other reason covered by the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Not sure how to use one of those search tools to look for someone at a specific company? We think these three tools are the most useful.
Use Professional Tools to Find out Someone’s Workplace
In this part, we discuss how to find out where someone works using professional tools.
Also, if you wonder how to find someone on OnlyFans without a username, you will learn different methods to find people on OnlyFans effortlessly in this article.
Option 1: Use TruthFinder
When it comes to doing background checks, TruthFinder is a top choice. One of the best things is that an individual’s criminal history can be investigated with this tool.
Also, various judgments such as marriage licenses, divorce decrees, and child support judgments can be discovered with it. Such actions can be performed with just a few clicks of the mouse in a public record search.
So, here’s how to find out where someone works using TruthFinder.
- First, you should go to the official website of TruthFinder.
- After that, enter the full name of the target individual and select “Search.” In order to filter the acquired results without any hassle, you can even enter details like State and City. That will filter the results further.
- Now, you should wait for a few minutes so TruthFinder will acquire a complete report.
- You can scroll down and see the job history of the target individual. Also, it has plenty of queries, including social media, contact information, dating profiles, financial records, criminal history, etc.
Basically, it is a great tool that helps you how to find out where someone works.
Option 2: BeenVerified
With the help of BeenVerified, it’s simpler than ever before to learn everything there’s to know about a person. It’s a one-stop shop for accessing a wide range of public documents. It can acquire anything ranging from a user’s contact details and work history to their social media profiles.
- First, you should go to the official website of BeenVerified. After that, you should enter the first name and the last name of the individuals you wish to find. Then, you should click on the option called “Search.”
If you’re not sure about the full name of the person, provide his email ID or phone number.
- You will be required to provide more information about that person. For instance, you should enter the age, middle name, state, or city to refine your search results. Please remember that the more details you provide, the better the accuracy of the results. However, if you know nothing about it, just select the option called “I’m not sure.”
- It might take a couple of minutes for BeenVerified to complete the search process. When finished, a detailed analysis of the respective individual will be delivered to you. You can view his or her job history and workplace address by clicking on the Jobs and Education tab.
And that’s how to find out where someone works using BeenVerified.
Option 3: Spokeo
Spokeo is yet another fantastic tool for investigating a person’s history. The extensive and robust database makes it simple to find someone by their name, phone number, or email address.
Here’s the way to kick things off.
- First, you should go to the official website of Spokeo. Then, you should be able to find a space called “Search Now,” in which you should type the details. That means you should enter the person’s name in that field.
- To narrow the search down, you should select even the location of the respective person. After that, you can select the correct individual simply by matching other details like age. After that, you can select the option called “See Results.”
- Once you have done that, you can see relevant information related to the individual you want. If you want to unlock that person’s employment history as well, you can scroll down and see “Extra Info.”
- After that, the report will reveal the current and previous work-related information.
Use Social Media to Find Where Someone Works
If you want to find someone’s workplace, social media is a great option to try. People have close relationships through social media. Just look them up on social media to see if they’ve mentioned their workplace. There is no cost involved, but you will need some time to implement this strategy.
LinkedIn and Facebook are good places to start, as many people will upload their resumes on such sites. Look at their account if you are already following them. If you don’t see a search field, type a name to look for a user who matches it. It could take more time if you’re trying to find someone with a common name.
Assume that you’re able to track down the desired individual. If so, you can then peruse their profile to learn more about their current employment situation. Also, it delivers information about the organization they’re affiliated with.
Get the Assistance of a Private Investigator
Here’s more of an old-school-type method on how to find out where someone works. In order to discover a person’s place of employment, hiring private investigators is an easy option to consider.
A private investigator will be able to help you promptly (and legally). They’ll supply you with details on someone’s current job situation thanks to their access to sources and industry experience. Remember that no experienced investigator can follow a suspect from within their own home.
They will only conduct their searches in accessible public spaces. In addition, the investigator must notify the proper authorities if they come across any proof of criminal activity.
Finding a private eye typically only takes an internet search. But before you choose them, you must learn as much as possible about their procedures and customer feedback. Well, hiring a private eye who skirts the law could reflect poorly on you. Also, it can affect the results of the investigation.
Consider the Cost Factor when Hiring a Private Investigator
In contrast, one major drawback is the money needed to hire a private investigator. Services generally aren’t inexpensive. This could lead to significant financial outlay. Private investigators typically charged roughly $50 per hour in 2022. This cost could go up or down based on the candidate’s location and level of experience.
At a glance, a rate of 50 USD per hour might not seem expensive. However, the total duration of the investigation may take can be a lot. So, when you do the math, the amount can be a big one.
An important thing to think about is why you’re looking for this information in the first place. It could be beneficial to spend more money making sure the data is accurate and legitimate.
This is particularly true if it will be used in a court of law. There are instances in which it may be more cost-effective to use a free or low-cost service. For instance, it’s applicable if you’re just searching into a person’s employment background out of pure curiosity.
Use the Internet to Search for a Name
You may do an online name search at any of a number of public resources for free. But it is preferable to start with the person’s middle name if you want to learn where they work. One of the quickest ways to find relevant results is to use Google or another search engine.
Sometimes it can be useful to look into public documents, such as past employment histories. In the same vein as a traditional phone book, several sites now have lookup tools. These lookup tools allow you to find someone’s current address or even cell phone number in a database.
It’s always possible to do a second search with the new details you’ve gathered. This can be done if the first one doesn’t yield any results in your quest for employment details. Even if you can’t take their word for it, online databases are a great location to begin your search.
But what if you don’t have the respective person’s name? In that case, you can learn how to get a free name lookup done using their phone number.
Acquire the Information from a Government Database
If you are serious about how to find out where someone works, government databases can be your next resort. Things become really easy if the person you are searching for works for the government. You can go through the relevant government databases to get this done.
The good news is that the government maintains databases in different states as well. However, on the other hand, some governments don’t necessarily share such information with the public.
Hopefully, the above guide will be of assistance if you wonder how to find out where someone works. If you have other doubts related to this matter, please leave us a comment below.