When your Bumble location is wrong, it is obviously difficult to find precise matches as per your expectations.
With that said, let’s assume that your current location doesn’t show up correctly, and you want to fix it.
In that case, the guide below can help you overcome this issue with ease. So, let’s go ahead and learn what it is.
When it comes to using an app like Bumble, the accuracy of the location is very important. The incorrect location might bring you matches (users) that cannot be practically met.
So, if your device’s location is wrong, Bumble becomes pretty useless as it doesn’t let you find proper matches. So, how can you get this issue sorted out? The remainder of this article explains it all.
Introduction to Bumble
An ex-Tinder employee created the Bumble dating app in 2014. Similar to the popular app Tinder, Bumble’s interface consists of a series of “swipes“. With these swipes, the user can use to choose whether or not to interact with a possible match.
Bumble offers a few elements that set it apart from other dating apps, despite its standard design. Let’s assume that a guy and a woman mutually “swipe right” on their profiles, for instance. Even in that case, just the woman could initiate communication initially.
Besides, are you looking for a way how to delete the Bumble account permanently? If so, this article will provide you with the best answer.
What Makes Bumble a Different Dating App?
Bumble (Android, iOS) is unique among dating apps in that it puts women in charge. This is intended to lessen the number of toxic messages from males that many females receive on dating apps. The app also welcomes users of a wide variety of orientations.
Unlike other dating apps that just focus on heterosexual or non-heterosexual pairings, Bumble welcomes all types of relationships.
You can choose your gender (male, female, non-binary, or any of dozens of other options). You can also decide the gender of the person you’re looking for when you set up a relationship. You may switch between dating, BFF (for meeting new friends), and Bizz on Bumble (for career networking).
Also, if you wonder how to disable or deactivate the Bumble notification sound, this detailed guide with the different solutions is here to help you.
How Does It Work?
Age 18 is the minimum age that we demand when you register a Bumble account. Beginning the process requires either your Apple ID or Facebook login details or your mobile number.
After creating an account and adding at least one photo, users can express interest in others by swiping right. In a heterosexual relationship, the woman is expected to initiate contact first if the other person swipes right.
If she doesn’t respond within 24 hours, the match is automatically deleted. However, there is a limited option for people to extend the match for another 24 hours. In same-sex pairings, either party can initiate contact.
How to Fix the Bumble Location Wrong Issue?
Solution 1: Turn Off the Location Services and Turn It on Again
It is true that location-related issues can appear due to issues associated with the device settings. So, if you want to fix this issue, here’s the most basic solution you should try.
As per this solution, you should disable the location services of your device and enable them again.
Below are the steps you should follow to get it done.
- First, you should open your device’s “Settings” app. Then, tap on the option called “Privacy“.
- Tap on the option labeled “Location Services“. Then, tap the toggle switch so you will be able to disable the location services.
- Restart the iOS device as the next step.
- After the device is turned on, you can open “Settings” once again and go to “Privacy“.
- Select the option called “Location Services” once again. After that, you can tap the respective switch again so the location services will be turned on.
- Open Bumble once again. If this workaround is successful, the accurate location will be detected.
Solution 2: Log Out and Log In to Your Account
Bumble location wrong issues can occur due to wrong configurations as well. That means you might experience some issues with your Bumble account if your account has incorrect configurations.
So, you should give your account a restart to refresh existing data. The most appropriate solution to try is logging out of the Bumble account and logging in again.
You should tap on the profile and select the option called “Sign Out” to proceed. This will log you out of the Bumble profile. Once the logging out is completed, you should wait for a while.
Then, you should log back into the profile. This will let Bumble refresh its account data. Then, it will allow you to capture the location.
Solution 3: Restart Bumble
You may reopen Bumble and see if it fixes location-related issues. However, if the app is running at the moment, you must close it before everything else. In fact, you shouldn’t let it run even in the background.
Once the app is closed, you should wait for a couple of seconds before opening it again. This will force Bumble to refresh its existing data. When you open the app again, the device will acquire the correct location, including the data.
Solution 4: Restart the Device
Bumble location wrong issues can occur due to wrong configurations on your device as well. For instance, minor glitches in the device OS can lead to malfunctions of the app (including Bumble). This can happen with other location-based apps as well.
The easiest way to overcome this issue is to restart the respective iOS device. This will give you a better chance for Bumble to detect your device’s actual location.
Solution 5: Update the Bumble App to Its Latest Version
Bumble, just like any other mobile app, can encounter various errors if it hasn’t been updated correctly. So, you should update your Bumble app to its latest version.
Then, the app will be perfectly compatible with your iOS device. That will ensure better function with increased accuracy. In fact, every app installed on your device should be updated to experience its optimal performance.
So, let’s go ahead and learn how to update the Bumble app.
Update Bumble on Android
- First, you should open Play Store on your Android device.
- Then, go to the profile and tap on the option called “Manage Apps and Device“.
- Go to the section labeled “Updates Available“. Then, tap on the option called “Update“. It is located next to the “Bumble” app. Then, wait for a while so the app will be updated.
You should make sure that your Android device is connected to a data network (mobile or Wi-Fi).
Update Bumble on iOS
Here’s how to update your Bumble app on an iOS device. Make sure that your iOS device is connected to a solid Wi-Fi or cellular data network to proceed.
- First, you should tap on the App Store on the iOS device to proceed.
- Then, select the profile icon and scroll down until you locate the Bumble app.
- Then, tap on the option called “Update“. This will give you the most recent version of Bumble.
- At the completion of the update, you can open the Bumble app, and the issue will be fixed.
Solution 6: Reinstall Bumble
If the issue persists and your location isn’t detected correctly, here’s another solution. As per this solution, you should reinstall the Bumble app.
This solution works particularly if the respective issue is caused due to corrupted installation files.
If you need guidance in reinstalling Bumble, read the instructions below.
- Regardless of the device type, you should locate the Bumble app on the home screen.
- Then, perform a long press on the Bumble app icon. This will bring up several options for you to choose from.
- On your iOS device, tap on “Remove App“. Then, on your Android device, go to “Uninstall“. The app will then be removed from your device.
That’s all you should do. Restart the device. Then, open your App Store or Google Play (depending on the device type) and perform a search for Bumble. Download the same and get it installed. This will solve the problem of Bumble location wrong.
1. Why is my Bumble location not updating correctly? There could be several reasons behind this issue. Ensure that your device’s GPS settings are enabled, and Bumble has the necessary location permissions. Additionally, make sure you have a stable internet connection and that you are using the latest version of the Bumble app.
2. Can I manually change my location on Bumble? Yes, you can manually change your location on Bumble. Simply update your profile information with the correct location details.
3. Will using a VPN affect Bumble’s location accuracy? Yes, using a VPN can interfere with Bumble’s ability to detect your true location. It is recommended to disable VPNs or any location-altering apps while using Bumble.
4. How often should I update my Bumble app? It is advisable to regularly check for updates and install them promptly. Updates often include bug fixes and performance improvements that can help resolve location-related issues.
5. What should I do if the problem persists? If you have followed all the recommended steps and are still experiencing issues with Bumble’s location accuracy, it is best to reach out to Bumble’s support team for further assistance and troubleshooting.
In general, Bumble is a good app that works well without causing any issues.
However, it may come across some errors once in a blue moon, just like any other app. Bumble location wrong is one of those errors that might trouble you. The above guide will help you overcome this error without much trouble.
If you know of any other solutions to address this situation, please let us know. We will update our guide.