Are you annoyed by the constant prompt message you are receiving stating that the Adobe software you’re using is not genuine? And are you wondering how to disable the unauthentic Adobe software?
If that’s the case, this article about how to disable Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service will be helpful for you.
If you are using the Adobe Creative Cloud software, your computer will likely have installed an “Adobe Genuine service.”
Adobe provides this service to its users. You can inactivate this service if you have no intention of using any of the Adobe Creative Cloud applications.
This article will teach you how to remove the Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service in Windows and Mac. So, continue reading.
Definition of Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service
Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service (Adobe GSS) is a background service. It checks the genuine status of your Adobe software version and Adobe products.
For example, it will be marked as legitimate if you purchase and download Photoshop CS6 software from the Adobe website.
If you try to install the same piece of software again from another website, then it may not be marked as legitimate by Adobe’s database. This would cause an issue when trying to open or run the program.
Adobe GSS uses Windows Services to check the database every few hours on its schedule. But sometimes, this process can fail or be delayed.
This can happen due to other programs running in the background that may cause conflicts with their service.
Besides, if you wonder if it is possible to cancel an Adobe subscription without a fee, you might find this article to be a comprehensive guide.
Why You Received a Notification Stating, “The Adobe software You Are Using is Not Genuine”?
There are several reasons why you may have received a notification stating that the Adobe software you are using is not genuine:
- You are using a pirated version of Adobe software. This means you did not purchase it from Adobe directly or from one of their authorized resellers.
- Your license for your current version of Adobe software has expired. And needs to be renewed to continue using it on your computer. If this is the case, we recommend renewing your license through their Software Integrity Program.
- You have installed Adobe software on multiple devices at once. Since each device must be activated by itself if they all have separate serial numbers, this might result in an error message being displayed when trying to start any given product on more than one device at a time.
- You have installed Adobe software on a device that has been previously deactivated. Suppose you move your serial number to another computer and try to activate it there. In that case, this may result in an error message displayed when trying to start any given product on more than one device.
Ways to Remove Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service in Windows
You can remove Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service from your computer in several ways.
Most of these are easy, but some may be more complicated depending on your level of technical skill.
We recommend using a professional to remove the software if you do not have a technical background. A professional can remove the software without damaging your computer and without any risk of data loss.
Anyone can use the following steps. But if you are not comfortable performing them yourself, please seek professional help.
Way 1. Install the Official/Authentic Adobe Genuine Software Version
The first thing you can do is download the official Adobe Genuine software version from the Adobe website. After downloading, install it on your computer and reboot your system. Contact customer service for further assistance if this does not work for you.
You can also try uninstalling your Adobe software, and then installing it from the authorized website. This will help you check whether the problem is with your computer or the application itself.
If this does not work, you can try installing the latest version of Adobe software. The latest version is available on the Adobe official website. And it includes many new features that may help solve your problem.
If you already have a subscription to this service, log in with your credentials while opening the latest version of Adobe Creative Cloud.
Way 2. Disable the Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service through “services” in the Search Box
- In the search box, type in “services.” You’ll see a complete list of all the services currently running on your computer.
- Right-click on Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service. And select “Properties” from the drop-down menu that appears. Then click on “Startup Type” (it’s at the bottom).
You’ll see three options for this service: Automatic, Manual, and Disabled. Select Disabled if you want to stop it from automatically starting when you boot up your computer.
You can always re-enable it later if needed by going back into this window again and changing its Startup type back to Automatic or Manual.
If you still have problems disabling this service, try reinstalling your Adobe software.
To do that: Go to “Control Panel” -> “Add or Remove Programs.” Click on “Adobe Software” and select “Remove.”
Way 3: Disable the Adobe Genuine Service through “Task Manager” in the Search Box
- Open the “Task Manager” by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc or Ctrl + Alt + Delete and click on the Task Manager icon.
- In the Processes tab, find “Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service.” Right-click it and select End process from the menu that pops up.
- Reboot your computer after this step is performed. Do this to ensure that all changes are appropriately applied to Windows 10 with no errors displayed on your screen during startup or usage. All these may take a few minutes.
Way 4: Use Command to Disable the Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service via Command
- First, launch the command prompt and type “sc delete AGSService.”
- Now erase the “AdobeGCClient” folder manually by going to “C:\Program Files (x86) \Common Files\Adobe\AdobeGCClient“.
- In the command prompt workspace, type “sc delete AAMUpdater.” And manually erase the folder by going from C:\Program Files (x86) \Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\UWA.
Steps to Remove Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service on Mac
- Click on the “Finder” App.
- Press “Go” at the top of the navigation bar.
- Then choose “Go to Folder.”
- Now press on “Go” and Type “~/library.”
- Now click “Application Support.”
- After that, press “Adobe“>”AdobeGCCClient.”
- Deletion of files and folders related to Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service will appear. Simply delete them all one by one. Including their subfolders, if any exist inside the AdobeGCCClient folder.
- And then, empty it into your trash bin by clicking on the Empty Trash button. The button is available at the bottom right corner when viewing the content of this folder. Please make sure no third-party application is running in the background during this process, as some programs may interfere with the removal process. And this could lead to failure. Or incomplete removal of Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service from your Mac system.
- The last step would be to reboot your Mac. You should know that this step is optional. But we still recommend that you reboot your Mac. It’s better to reboot so as to finish the Adobe Genuine service removal process. And make sure all files related to it are completely removed from your Mac.
Besides, click here to find out how to disable gatekeeper in your macOS.
Is the Adobe premium Version Safe to Use?
Millions of people from around the globe have been using Adobe and its premium version for years. And many users have claimed to enjoy using it. Some people even say it’s the best software program ever created.
The most common question that may come across your mind while using Adobe software is – “is Adobe premium version safe to use?“
Well, the answer is yes, it is safe! We would go so far as to say that the Adobe premium version is safer than other software programs.
This is because no viruses or malware could infect your computer when you download it from their website, unlike other websites where malicious software lurks.
And if you’re worried about getting scammed into downloading fake versions of Adobe’s software with dangerous viruses on them… don’t be!
Because the Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service prompt messages are there to give you a hint, those messages will let you know whether you are using the official version of Adobe.
Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service is a Helpful Tool
Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service is a helpful tool that is meant to make you aware of problems with your Adobe.
It’s a part of the Adobe Genuine Service, and it will help you identify and correct any issues that may be present in your Adobe software.
You can find the Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service in your Programs and Features window. It’s a small program that will check the integrity of your Adobe software.
1. Will disabling Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service make my software pirated?
No, disabling the service does not make your software pirated. However, it’s important to ensure that you have legal and genuine copies of Adobe software before considering the disabling process.
2. Can I re-enable Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service after disabling it?
Yes, you can re-enable the service by following the same methods mentioned in this article and choosing the appropriate settings.
3. Will disabling the service affect my ability to update Adobe software?
Disabling Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service may prevent automatic updates for Adobe software. You will need to manually check for updates or re-enable the service temporarily to receive updates.
4. Is it safe to use third-party tools to disable the service?
While third-party tools can provide a more user-friendly approach, exercise caution when using them. Download from reputable sources and scan the files for malware before running them.
5. Can I disable Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service on a Mac?
The methods mentioned in this article are specific to Windows operating systems. For Mac users, there may be alternative methods or tools available to disable the service. Please refer to appropriate resources for Mac-specific instructions.
Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service is a helpful tool. It is meant to make you aware of problems with your Adobe and let you know whether it is the official version.
In most cases, it indicates an issue with your product’s license or activation. This tool can also detect whether malicious software has tampered with an application.
The service helps protect users from unauthorized use of their software and licenses. And it also protects against malware infection on machines running licensed Adobe products.