Some individuals wonder how to change the KIK username due to various reasons. This article explains the possibility of changing a KIK username and the steps.
So, please keep reading and learn the truth behind it.
Why Do You Want to Change a Kik Username in the First Place?
Creating a KIK account can be exciting. The truth is that this excitement itself can make you somewhat careless when picking a username.
After some time, you might feel that the chosen username is not “cool enough” to describe you. If not, you might think that it is not that unique enough.
Or, what if you have accidentally put a pretty hilarious username, which is embarrassing? If not, what if you want to change your personal KIK username to a business name?
Those are only a couple of occasions where you wonder how to change KIK’s username. So, the need is there. And the next step is to learn if it is possible.
So, How to Change a Kik Username? Is It Even Possible?
Let’s get straight to the point. The unfortunate truth is that it is impossible to change the KIK username. Once chosen, your username is the identity on KIK, and there is no way to change it.
However, the only practical way to get a new username is to create a new account. You can use a different email address with the desired username.
But the truth is that this is not a practical option for most users. Creating a new account means you must share your identity with the whole friend network again.
Although you cannot change the username of the Kik account, you can simply change the display name. If you wish to figure out that, you can follow the steps mentioned below.
Besides, let’s learn more about how to delete Kik account.
Changing the Kik Display Name
Since you cannot change the KIK username, let’s learn how to change the display name, at the least. Mentioned below are the steps you should follow.
The steps are pretty simple, and there is no rocket science behind them.
- First, you should launch the KIK app on your phone so that you can access the account. Then click on the option called “Settings,” which is located on the main screen itself. In fact, this option can be found in the upper right corner of the main screen.
- After that, please tap on the option called “Your Account.” Then, you will be able to see the current username of the Kik profile and your name.
- Now, please click the “Name” option so that you can edit the existing display name.
- Now, you will see a popup window. This window asks you to enter a new display name, and you can choose it based on your choice. If you are happy with the name, you can simply click “OK” to confirm.
- Now, you can go back to the account page and see if the change you have made has been applied. If it is successfully applied, you can see the new display name.
So, as you can easily understand, it is not that difficult at all to change the Kik display name.
Besides, let’s figure out how to change Skype name.
Tips to Choose Your New KIK Username
Before you jump in to create a new account, here are some tips on choosing a username that lasts.
Importance of a Good Username
A good username can make your conversations more interesting. It’s a conversation starter, a reflection of your personality, and your digital identity on KIK.
Factors to Consider
When choosing a new username, consider elements such as simplicity, uniqueness, relevance, and your personal style. Remember, your username should be something that you can stick with for a while.
Also read: Learn about Kik Hookup and why adults use Kik messaging app for dating.
- Can I change my KIK username directly?
No, KIK’s current policy doesn’t allow you to change your username directly.
- How can I change my KIK identity?
While you can’t change your username, you can alter your display name or create a new account with a different username.
- What factors should I consider while choosing a new username?
Consider simplicity, uniqueness, relevance, and your personal style while choosing a new username.
- Can I use the same email for a new KIK account?
No, you’ll need a different email address to create a new KIK account.
- Can I delete my old KIK account?
Yes, you can delete your old KIK account, but remember, once deleted, it can’t be reactivated.
Well, those are the tips on how to change the KIK username. In simplest terms, you cannot change your KIK username. You can only change the display name of the KIK.