YouTube TV is an excellent app for watching your favorite shows. But unfortunately, it can be temperamental.
When YouTube TV stops working on your Firestick, you need to troubleshoot the issue. You must troubleshoot before resorting to calling customer service or replacing your device.
In this article, we’ll first walk through some common reasons why your YouTube is not working on Firestick.
And then we’ll also state how to fix them so you can get back to watching all your favorite shows without any issues!
Reasons Why YouTube TV is Not Working on Firestick
YouTube TV is one of the amazing streaming services that offer live TV from over 50 popular cable networks. It’s available on various devices, including the Fire Stick TV. It has been the most popular streaming device since its release in 2015.
YouTube TV works well with other devices like an iPhone or iPad. But it doesn’t always work correctly on Amazon Firestick TVs. If you experience any issues with your YouTube TV app, there are several reasons behind it.
The following are some reasons why YouTube TV is not working on Firestick:
1. The Internet is Not Working
If you’ve tried everything else, try a hard reset. Simply hold down the power button for 20 seconds and then release it. Then, wait for another 30-40 seconds before resuming normal usage.
If that doesn’t work, please call your internet service provider (ISP). The providers will first look out for any possible issues. They are then likely to send someone out to check your router or modem to find out what’s wrong.
In either case, this process can take hours or days, depending on how busy they are. So don’t expect things to get fixed right away when calling in.
Besides, if your Peacock TV is not working, here are the fixes to try. These solutions will get your favorite source of entertainment to work in no time.
2. Bugs with the Firestick TV
If you’re using a Firestick, there is a good chance that YouTube is not working on Firestick. This can happen for several reasons. But the most common one is that the Firestick or other streaming device may not be updated correctly.
If that is the case, then no amount of troubleshooting will help until you have updated your streaming device. You have to update with the latest firmware updates. And you will also have to update software patches available from their manufacturer.
Also, if you wonder, ‘can you use Roku and Firestick on the same TV,’ here, you will figure out how to do it with ease as well as the difference between them.
3. Corrupted Amazon Firestick TV
If you’re still having trouble with YouTube TV not working on Firestick, then your Amazon Firestick itself may have gone bad. This is a very common issue that many users have experienced in the past.
If this is the case, then you can fix it by performing a factory reset. It’s important to note that performing a factory reset will delete all data stored on the device.
This includes each and every installed app and associated settings, so if there are any apps/games or other data stored on devices, that are important to keep them saved somewhere else before doing this step.
In addition, is YouTube not working on your Android phone? If yes, here, we will tell you how to fix this issue effortlessly & fast in different ways.
4. Outdated Version of YouTube TV
When it comes to updating the apps, you have to make sure that you’re running on a version that works with your device.
This can be done by checking out the app store or going through your settings on your phone or computer. Once you’ve updated, try reopen YouTube TV and see if it still doesn’t work.
It’s not just about updating the app. It is about making sure that everything is up-to-date with each other as well.
By the way, is your Firestick stuck on the loading screen? There are several reasons for this issue. Here, let’s figure it out and show you how to fix it easily.
5. Cache in Firestick
This is a straightforward solution for you to try. The cache of your device can get filled up with unwanted files. And this leads to the issue of YouTube not working on Firestick.
To solve this, you need to clear the cache on Firestick TV and also on the remote control or device itself.
Also, Firestick remote volume not working is a common problem many Firestick users face. Here, we will talk about 14 solutions to solve this issue easily.
Ways to Fix YouTube TV Not Working on Firestick
There are many methods to fix the YouTube TV not working on Firestick. You can unplug and replug the stick and router.
And then, check your internet connection, restart the stick, and update the app. If it still doesn’t work, clear the YouTube TV application’s cache and reinstall it again.
1. Unplug and Replug Fire TV Stick and Your Router
Unplug your Fire TV Stick and router, then replug them in. Your router might be the problem. To test this:
- Unplug the power to the router and then plug it back in (don’t forget to open the ethernet cable from your modem).
- Wait for about 30 seconds, then check if YouTube TV is working now on your Fire TV Stick.
- If that doesn’t work, try moving your router closer to where you’re using YouTube TV on your Firestick with an ethernet cable.
2. Check Your Internet Connection
This is one typical fix for YouTube not working on Firestick. To check your connection, go to the home screen and select “Settings.”
Then, choose “Network.” Under “Wi-Fi,” tap the name of your wireless network from the list, then tap “Disconnect.” Once you do this, note any changes in YouTube TV’s loading time and performance.
If you’re using a wired connection, make sure all connected devices are powered on and plugged in properly. Make sure that both ends of every cable are firmly connected.
If possible, try plugging directly into a router or switch. Do this instead of through an extension cord or power strip. This will minimize interference issues with other electronics nearby.
3. Restart FireTV Stick
Restarting your Fire TV Stick or router can solve a number of problems. If you’re having trouble with YouTube TV on your Fire TV Stick, try unplugging the device and plugging it back in. If that doesn’t work, try restarting both the router and the Fire TV Stick.
If this doesn’t fix the problem, try restarting them all at once. Unplug any cords connecting your modem to other devices like computers or tablets. Then wait 30 seconds before plugging them back in again.
Your modem will begin downloading info from your internet provider’s servers as soon as it’s connected again. And if there was some sort of glitch during setup, this might resolve it.
4. Update Your YouTube TV App
The following fix for YouTube TV not working on Firestick is to update your YouTube TV app. To do that:
- Go to the settings on your Fire TV Stick.
- Select apps, and then select the YouTube TV app.
- Select Force Stop and Update. The forced stop will take less than a minute. But updating can take up to 10-15 minutes. This will depend on how long it takes for the update to download or if you need to reboot your device during that time frame. Once the updates are complete, select Restart Your Device.
5. Choose the Correct Time Zone and Region
Choose the correct time zone and region. When you first launch the YouTube TV app, it will ask you to choose your time zone. Check that this setting is correct before continuing with the rest of these steps.
Are you using a VPN service? If yes, then to access content unavailable in your country, make sure it’s on and working correctly.
6. Clear the Cache on the YouTube TV App
Clearing the cache of the YouTube app is an excellent fix for the issue of YouTube not working on Firestick. To do so:
- Go to the settings menu of your Fire TV Stick.
- Go to app management.
- Select YouTube TV from the list of apps on your device.
- Select storage and clear cache or data as needed. Select them depending on whether you’re having issues streaming video or audio.
Then, go back to the YouTube TV app and check for the presence of any error messages. If you still see an error message, delete and reinstall the YouTube TV app.
When you reinstall the app, it will ask you to sign in using your account info from Google or Facebook. Do so and see if everything works.
7. Reinstall the YouTube TV Application
Next, you can try reinstalling the YouTube TV application. To do that:
- Go to the Amazon Appstore on your Fire TV Stick.
- Find the YouTube TV app and click on it.
- Click the Install button in the right-hand corner of your screen and wait for it to install. This may take a few minutes. Once finished, you should see a message that says “Installed.”
- Launch YouTube TV from your home screen by clicking on its icon or name in your apps list. If this doesn’t work, go back into Settings > Applications > Manage Installed Applications.
- Then find “Google Play Services” and click Uninstall Updates. Then relaunch YouTube from the Home screen or Apps Page (or search bar).
8. Factory Reset Firestick TV
Have you tried all the other troubleshooting steps mentioned above? And still can’t get YouTube TV to work on your Amazon Firestick?
If yes, then it’s time for the nuclear option, which is: factory resetting your device. This process will erase everything from your Firestick and give you a fresh start. So make sure to back up any important information before proceeding.
To factory reset your device:
- Go to Settings > System > About > Network & Internet > Reset to Factory Defaults. However, this step may vary depending on which version of the Amazon Fire Stick you have.
- Please go into the Advanced Options if there isn’t an option for Reset To Factory Defaults.
- After following these steps, reboot and try reconnecting to YouTube TV again!
By the way, if you are looking for a successful YouTube TV location hack and want to change location on YouTube TV, here are three professional ways you should try.
Q: How do I fix buffering issues on YouTube TV? A: To resolve buffering issues, check your internet connection, restart your device, and ensure there are no network congestion or bandwidth limitations.
Q: Why does YouTube TV keep freezing on my Firestick? A: App freezing can occur due to software glitches, outdated versions, or conflicts with other apps. Try updating the app, clearing cache and data, or reinstalling it.
Q: Can I watch YouTube TV on multiple devices simultaneously? A: Yes, YouTube TV allows streaming on multiple devices simultaneously. However, there might be limitations based on your subscription plan.
Q: How can I improve the audio quality on YouTube TV? A: If you’re experiencing audio quality issues, check your device’s audio settings, ensure there are no audio output conflicts, or try using external speakers.
Q: Is YouTube TV available in all countries? A: No, YouTube TV is currently available only in the United States. It’s important to check the service availability in your region before subscribing.
That’s it; these are different ways to fix YouTube TV not working on Firestick you can try.
The best way to ensure your streaming service is working on your device is by making sure that it’s updated with the latest software version. This will also help prevent any other issues you might have in the future!