Have you connected your tracker with your iOS device but found your Tile not working? Turn to these solutions to fix most of your Tile issues and get it up and running.
Losing your important belongings like keys and wallets can be a nightmarish experience. Nobody wishes to go through that. Naturally, people are always looking for ways they can protect their valuables better.
Thankfully, with the advent of Bluetooth tracker devices, such people can let out a sigh of relief. Just connect the device to your phone, and you can track your items at all times.
Know More About Tile
Tile is one such company that has been offering numerous Bluetooth technologies to its customers so that they can rest easy knowing their belongings’ whereabouts.
Among its list of different Bluetooth trackers, the Tile Pro is the flagship product that has secured itself a reputable place among its customers. Yet, in recent times, owners of Apple devices have been reporting that their Tile Pro is not connecting to their phones.
Moreover, the company has also acknowledged the Tile not connecting issue and stated that their Tile Pro tracker is having difficulties pairing with any Apple device.
Surprisingly, the issue is only limited to the Pro tracker since the other ones, such as Tile Slim or Tile Mate, are perfectly functional on iPhones or other iOS devices.
But there’s no need to worry. We have come up with a list of solutions to help you with your Tile not working problem so that you can go back to using your Tile Pro with your iOS device in no time. Keep reading to find out more!
Troubleshoots and Fixes for Tile Not Working Issue
The reason behind the Tile not connecting with any iOS device is still not known, which makes it a little difficult to apply a specific solution to the problem. It could also happen that the Tile Pro device is showing up on your phone, but it doesn’t respond when you get near to it.
Additionally, the tracker is also not making any sound when you press it. On the other hand, there are several users who simply cannot see the tracker showing up on their phones even if the tracker is activated, which means there is a connectivity issue.
However, worry not. We have listed below a set of fixes using which you can address your Tile not working issue. One of these fixes must surely work to solve your problem. Continue reading.
Besides, let’s figure out how to simply fix the verification failed on the iPhone issue.
Reconnect the Bluetooth
The first fix seems a little too simple to fix such a problem, yet it has often been seen that it is the simplest of solutions that tend to work with any problem.
If it is a connectivity issue, try reconnecting your device with your Tile Pro, and it might just work. Follow the steps below.
- Go to the Settings menu on your iOS device.
- Go to Bluetooth and slide the toggle to the left to turn it off. Now, wait for a couple of seconds.
- Next, slide the toggle to the right to turn on your Bluetooth and try reconnecting your device to the Tile.
Activate Your Tile
Just like any other device, your Tile tracker needs to be properly activated to work. Follow the steps below to activate your Tile Pro and connect it to your device.
- The first thing you need to do is press the “Tile” button on the tracker for at least 1 second.
- Release your finger from the tracker, and it will make a sound that will indicate that it is prepared for activation.
- Install the Tile application and launch it on your phone.
- Next, go to your phone’s settings to turn on the Bluetooth. Navigate through the app to connect your phone to the tracker and register it with an item.
Oftentimes, many users are not aware of how to properly activate their tracker, and as a result, they encounter the Tile not working issue. If the Tile was given to you as a gift, it might not work if the previous owner has not transferred it to you. It is a different process altogether and requires contacting the Tile Support Team to help conduct the transfer.
If, even after correctly activating the tracker, it refuses to work, let’s move on to the next fix.
Reset the Tile Pro
If the Tile Pro is not connecting with your device or if you are facing any kind of other issues, then a simple reset can sometimes be the answer to your problem.
Follow the steps below.
- Take the Tile Pro tracker and find the locator activation button.
- Try pressing and holding it down for at least 10 seconds.
- This should reset the Tile Pro tracker and fix several of your connectivity issues.
Power Cycle the iPhone
The power cycle is slightly different from just a restart of your device. It is almost like a hard reset that can help solve a number of internal bugs plaguing a device.
It is your phone or perhaps your internet connection causing the Tile not connecting problem; follow the steps below.
- If the Bluetooth is already turned on, switch it off on your iOS device.
- Next, switch off your phone and try restarting your modem as well as your router.
- Switch on your phone and turn on the Bluetooth. Try connecting to the Tile Pro tracker to see if it works.
Also, if you wonder how to deactivate a Tile, this guide you should check out.
Find Your Tracker
Many users have complained that their device is unable to find the tracker even if they may be standing next to it. The problem is strange but not a difficult one to fix.
Follow the steps below to find your tracker.
- Update the Tile application on your device. Go to App Store and look for updates and install them if there are any.
- Only updating the app might not work. It is also important to update the software on your phone while you are at it. Look for any software updates by going to the Settings menu and installing them as needed.
- After the installations are done, switch off and switch off your phone. Try connecting your tracker with your device. The Tile not connecting problem should be fixed.
- If this still does not work, the next option is to reinstall the Tile application. Go to the Settings menu and search for Tile under Apps. Click uninstall and then visit the App Store to reinstall it again.
- After the reinstallation is done, switch off and switch off your phone. Turn on your Bluetooth and see if you can find your Tile tracker now.
If it still doesn’t fix the issue, let’s move on to the next solution.
Fix the Tile Button
Users have often reported that the “Tile” button on their tracker is not working. This could be due to connectivity issues that can easily be fixed. Follow the steps below.
- Close the Tile application. Remove it from the app manager as well to make sure it is completely closed.
- Next, switch off your Bluetooth by going to the Settings menu. Switch it on again.
- Try opening the Tile application. And press the Tile button to see if it works.
- If this fails to solve the issue, then switch off your phone and allow it some time before you switch it back on.
- Next, turn on the Bluetooth and open the Tile application to see if the button works now.
Contact Customer Support
The Tile is an excellent tracker for everyday objects that must be located. Most issues may be resolved by upgrading the Tile application and rebooting your device.
However, if none of the suggestions in this blog help, it is important to reach out to Tile Customer Support. This can be done through their app or their website.
Visit https://tileteam.zendesk.com/hc/en-us to get in touch. Contact via the application by tapping the gear symbol in the upper right corner of the application. This will take you to the messaging facility for SMS.
1. What should I do if my Tile is not working?
Start by identifying the potential issue (Bluetooth, battery, software, Tile app, device compatibility), then follow the appropriate troubleshooting steps outlined in this article.
2. How can I tell if my Tile’s battery is dead?
The Tile app should notify you when your Tile’s battery is running low. If you’ve missed the warning, and your Tile is not working, it could be due to a dead battery.
3. Can I replace the battery in my Tile?
Some Tile models allow battery replacement, while others don’t. If you’re using a model that doesn’t, you might need to purchase a new Tile if the battery is dead.
4. What if my Tile is not working even after following all troubleshooting steps?
If your Tile is still not working after all your troubleshooting efforts, you might want to consider reaching out to Tile’s customer support for further assistance.
5. How can I prevent future issues with my Tile?
Regularly updating your Tile app, maintaining Bluetooth connectivity, and keeping tabs on your Tile’s battery life can help prevent issues.
6. Can software updates affect my Tile’s functioning?
Yes, they can. If you’re facing issues post an update, consider reinstalling the Tile app or resetting your Tile.
Conclusion: Turning the Tables on ‘Tile Not Working’
Living in a fast-paced world, we rely on devices like Tile to streamline our lives. When the dreaded ‘Tile not working’ issue arises, it can be a real fly in the ointment.
But as we’ve seen, this doesn’t need to spell disaster. With a basic understanding of the potential issues and their solutions, you can tackle the problem head-on. After all, isn’t that what technology is all about? Making our lives easier, not harder.
So, the next time your Tile isn’t working, take a deep breath, roll up your sleeves, and remember—you’ve got this!