We’ve all been there. You’re excited to unwind with your favorite show on Peacock TV when suddenly, the unthinkable happens: Peacock TV stops working. Don’t worry, though. There are solutions to this problem.
Reasons for Peacock TV Not Working
There’re several reasons for the Peacock TV streaming app to stop working. Mentioned below are the reasons for your information.
Besides, here, let’s learn the answer to how to search on Pluto TV; if you are new to using Pluto TV, this guide will be helpful for you.
● Due to Software Bugs
When you experience Peacock TV not working issue, you should check if it should have any software bugs.
In fact, software bugs are among the most common issues that can prevent Peacock TVs from working properly. If you suspect that there is a software-related issue, a reinstallation would be the solution.
Also, if you wonder how to turn off closed captions on Peacock TV, let’s find out how to turn on & turn off closed captions on Peacock TV via different devices.
● Server Outage
Your Peacock TV is not working whenever there is a server outage. Well, this is another common issue faced by Peacock TV users.
So, it is recommended to check Peacock TV’s server status. If you ever notice any server outage, you should wait so they will fix it sooner or later.
● Cache & Data
In some cases, cache files can accumulate into a large file and then cause various issues. This can happen if you don’t clear the cache and data of the respective file for a long period.
So, the only solution to address this situation is to clear the data and cache of the respective app. You can do it using the settings.
● The Device’s Firmware is Not Updated
If the firmware of the device is not updated, you are likely to experience plenty of errors. So, it is a good practice to update firmware and see if it fixes the issue.
The Solutions to Try if Your Peacock TV Not Working
Let’s see the solutions you can try if your Peacock is not working.
Important: If you intend to enjoy Peacock TV outside of the U. S., you’ll run into this problem. Seeing as how Peacock TV is a US-based over-the-top streaming service. To prevent piracy, Peacock TV restricts access to its material in the U. S.
Peacock TV Outage Situation
Peacock TV users in the United States who are still having trouble can check the service’s server status. If you want to see how the server is doing, you will be able to use a different program.
Downdetector is a great place to see if Peacock TV is experiencing any kind of outage right now. The Peacock takes care of it when it arises, if at all.
Solution 01: Sign Out and Sign In
Users of Peacock Tv can set up three separate profiles streaming at the same time. Also, it can have six separate profiles across all of its devices. Additionally, assume that three other profiles are running simultaneously and you are also attempting to stream.
In that case, the Peacock TV app gives you an error message. It will say that you cannot stream because there are already too many stream services in use. The solution is to log out of the Peacock account on other devices you use.
Here’s How to Sign Out
- Go to the account page of Peacock TV.
- After that, you should select the respective device or devices.
- Select “Sign Out All.”
- Select “Sign Out All Devices.”
- After that, you should log into the same account
- After that, see if the issue is resolved.
Solution 02: Refresh the Website of the App of Peacock TV
If the previous option doesn’t address your issue and your Peacock is not working, here’s another solution.
When the Peacock TV app stops responding, try closing it and starting it again. The background process of the Peacock TV app can be terminated by using the Force Stop button.
- Quit the Peacock TV app.
- After that, go to “Settings” and find “Apps.”
- After that, find the Peacock TV app and select “Force Stop.”
- As the final step, you should relaunch the Peacock TV app.
Soft refresh your Peacock TV site simply by clicking the “reload” button before resorting to Hard Refreshing. If the problem persists after that, try to Hard Refresh.
Just press Ctrl and F5 keys at the same time.
Press Command, Option, and R keys at once.
Solution 03: Restart Your Streaming Device
Have you tried restarting the peacock TV, yet the problem persists? A few customers have reported success in resolving this problem by simply restarting their equipment.
So, please attempt to reset your devices and see if it helps.
- Press the power button and hold it to see the reboot option.
- Select “Restart.”
- Then, you should see if it works.
For iOS Devices
- Press the power button and hold it to see the option “Power Off.”
- Slide down the power icon towards the right-hand side. That will switch off the device.
- Wait for about 40 seconds. Then, switch on the device.
- As the final step, you should open the Peacock TV app to check if it works.
Solution 04: Power Cycle Your Smart TV Device
Performing a power cycle on the device is another option you can consider to fix this error.
- First, you should switch on the TV and the device.
- Unplug all cables.
- Wait for about 60 seconds.
- Plug them on and see if it works.
Solution 05: Clear Your Peacock TV App Cache and Data
In some cases, clearing the cache and data of your Peacock TV app will be an issue. In that case, you should clear that to fix it.
- First, you should go to the settings of the device and select Apps and Notifications.
- Then, locate Peacock TV and select “Storage & Cache.”
- Then, tap on “Clear Cache” > “Clear Data.”
For iOS devices, however, you should uninstall the app and install it once again.
Solution 06: Update the App
When Peacock TV is not working, you may try to update it as a solution. Below is how to do that.
- First, you should go to Play Store and tap on Profile.
- Select “Updates Available.”
- Find Peacock TV and see if there are any updates.
- If it has any updates, download it.
- Open App Store and go to Profile.
- Go to “Upcoming Automatic Updates” and Select the Peacock TV app.
- Install the updates.
- Hit the “Home” button and go to “Peacock TV.”
- Tap the “*” button. Go to “Check for Updates.”
- Install the updates, if any.
- Locate “Apps” from the home screen.
- Go to the Peacock TV app and select it.
- Then, you should hit the button with three horizontal lines. Then, you can go to “More Info.”
- Then, see if you have any updates available for that.
Solution 07: Reinstall the App
If you don’t see any updates and the error is still persisting, try a reinstallation.
- Pres on Peacock TV app and hold until you see the option “Uninstall.”
- Then, you should select the Uninstall or Remove option.
- Once the uninstallation is completed, reboot the device and open its application store.
- You should perform a search for the Peacock TV app and get it installed once again.
- Now, you should log in using the credentials and see if the issue persists.
Solution 08: If You Are Using a VPN, Disable It or Delete It
If you have installed a VPN on your device, your Peacock will not work. So, try to disable the VPN and try to use the app again. Or, you can even delete the app.
Here’s how to do it on your Windows PC.
- Go to “Settings” and select “Network and Internet.”
- Select “VPN.”
- Select a VPN connection that should be disabled.
- Then, select “Remove” or “Disconnect.”
- Now, you can reconnect to the network and see if it works.
Solution 09: Check Your Internet Connection
If you still have troubles with your Peacock TV, you may check if your internet connection is working properly. For instance, you should check if it is fast enough (have at least 2mbps).
Here are other solutions you can try.
- Switch to Wi-Fi from your mobile data.
- Forget the network you are currently connected to and reconnect it.
- Restart your router.
- Use an ethernet connection instead of Wi-Fi.
- Place your router in a different place.
Solution 10: Use a Different Device to Stream
If the issue is not resolved, you should use a different device to stream.
Sometimes, the underlying issue may not be identified easily, so changing the device may be the solution.
Solution 11: Use a Different Browser
Sometimes, changing the browser can fix the issue for you. For instance, if Google Chrome is the current browser, just switch to Firefox or vice versa.
Solution 12: Update the Device
There are some issues related to outdated device firmware. So, updating the streaming device to its latest version will do the trick for you.
- Select Settings > System.
- Go to System Updates.
- Download and install available updates (if any).
- Go to “Settings” > “General.”
- Select “Software Update.”
- Install any software updates.
- Press your Roku remote’s “Home” button.
- Select “Settings” > “System.”
- Select “System Update.”
- If there are any updates available, install them.
- Settings > Support.
- Software Update > Update Now.
- “Settings” > “My Fire TV.”
- “About” > “Check for Update.”
- Download any system updates and install them.
Solution 13: Check if the Browser is Updated
Make sure that you use an updated web browser. The steps can vary based on the browser. Mentioned below is how to update some of the popular browsers.
- Tap on the three-dotted icon (top-right corner).
- Settings > Security.
- Privacy > Safety Check > Check now.
- Install if any updates are available.
- Go to Main Menu and select Help.
- Select About Firefox.
- Download the available updates.
- Restart the browser.
- System Preferences > Software Updates.
- See if any updates are available and proceed.
Solution 14: Disable Any Adblockers
If you have already installed any adblockers in your web browser, you may disable them. In some cases, some adblockers can cause issues for various apps.
Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome
- Go to Peacock TV’s official web page and the respective Adblocker or extension.
- Select “Always” from the drop-down to prevent the adblocker from blocking Peacock TV.
- Refresh the page.
- Go to “Safari Option” and then “Preferences.”
- Tap “Extensions” and go to the respective Adblocker.
- Uncheck it.
- Why is my Peacock TV not working on my smart TV?
- Your Peacock TV might not be working on your smart TV due to an outdated app, poor internet connection, or compatibility issues.
- How do I update the Peacock TV app?
- You can update the Peacock TV app via your device’s app store.
- What should I do if the Peacock TV server is down?
- If the Peacock TV server is down, wait for an official update from Peacock TV about the issue.
- Is Peacock TV available on all devices?
- Peacock TV is compatible with most devices but there might be exceptions. Check their official website for a full list of compatible devices.
- How can I contact Peacock TV customer support?
- You can contact Peacock TV support via their official email or phone number provided on their website.
If none of the above options have worked for you so far, perform a factory reset. In fact, this process can vary based on the type of device you use.
After a factory reset, all the settings will be reset to the defaults, and it will work perfectly.
If that doesn’t work too, you may contact support and explain that your Peacock TV is not working. An expert will attend to your situation and tell you what steps to be taken.
Do you have any other solutions to address this situation? Please let us know.