My LG Smart TV not connecting to WiFi for the past couple of days. What could be the possible reason?
Can someone help me to fix this error, or will I have to take it to a service center? Thanks in advance!
How Do I Fix The WiFi On My LG Smart TV?
Thanks to the advent of the internet, our regular TVs have become smart and versatile. That said, LG Smart TVs are recognized as very prominent products in the market.
In general, LG TVs have a reputation for their smooth operation. But that does not mean that they are invincible or 100% fault-free.
They can experience issues at least “once in a blue moon.” “LG TV won’t connect to WiFi” is one of those common issues reported so far.
So, if your LG TV is not connecting to the internet, this article explains the solutions you can try.
Besides, if you are looking for the meaning of rating TV-14, let’s read this article and get comprehensive knowledge about TV-14 meaning to protect your kids.
How to Connect LG Smart TV to Your WiFi Network?
First, let us look at connecting an LG Smart TV to a WiFi network. After that, we can look at how to troubleshoot WiFi connection problems.
- Plug your WiFi router into a power outlet, switch it on, and connect to the internet.
- Then, grab your LG TV remote control and press Settings (Gear icon).
- Now, click on All Settings and go to TV Settings.
- After that, select the option “Connection” from the appearing drop-down. After that, you will see the available wireless networks. Just choose the WiFi network you intend to connect to. Then, choose the option called “Connect.”
- Enter the WiFi network password when prompted on the screen to proceed. After that, click on the button labeled “Connect.”
- If everything goes well, your LG Smart TV should be connected to the respective wireless network.
With that said, what if you want to connect the LG TV using a cable? You should use an ethernet cable and connect it to the appropriate port behind the LG TV.
Then, connect the cable’s other end to the router. Once you have done that, LG TV will detect the network automatically.
12 Fixes to Try If Your LG Smart TV is Not Connecting to the WiFi
If your LG TV is not connecting to the internet after trying the above steps, there’s something wrong with it.
This is exactly when you should look for solutions. Mentioned below are those solutions for you.
Besides, let’s figure out how to fix the TCL Roku TV black screen.
01. Make a Change to the Time & Date
This method may indeed appear to be a little strange. However, many individuals have used this method and fixed the issue.
That’s why we’ve included it in this section as a solution if LG TV is not connecting to WiFi.
In this case, please manually change the time & date on the Smart TV.
Mentioned below are the steps:
- Go to Settings and choose General.
- Then, go to Date and Time.
- After that, uncheck the box that says “Set automatically.”
- You can then enter your local time/date. On top of that, make sure that the automatic setting of the TV’s date/time is.
Also, if you are experiencing the YouTube TV not working on Samsung Smart TV error, click to fix it easily now.
02. Modify Your DNS Settings
For some users, changing the DNS settings may do the trick. So, if your LG TV doesn’t connect to WiFi, try to modify your DNS settings.
Mentioned below is how to do that:
- Navigate to the Settings menu and select “All Settings.”
- Now, select “Network” and choose “Wired Connection (Ethernet)/WiFi Connection.” You can choose it from the drop-down.
- Choose the item with the text “Connected to the Internet” from the drop-down menu.
- You will be presented with your DNS server configuration. Click on the option “Edit below.”
- Now, you should uncheck the box called “Set Automatically.”
- You can select the field called “DNS Server” from the drop-down.
- Input “18.104.22.168” as the value.
- Save those changes by clicking on “Save.”
03. Disable the “Quick Start/Simplink Features”
Some features were introduced to make your TV a better, smarter one. However, the same features can deliver exact opposite results.
With that said, let’s go ahead and learn how to disable those features to fix this issue.
- Navigate to the “Settings” option and choose “All Settings.”
- After that, choose “General” and “Quick Start / Simplink.”
- Then, choose “Off” using the remote control.
- After that, please turn off the television and wait a moment before turning it back on.
In addition, if you wonder how to delete apps on LG Smart TV, you should check out this guide.
04. Make Some Adjustments to the Wires to Lead to the WIFI Module
This could be a pretty complex issue for many individuals. That said, this specific solution has proven extremely beneficial to many people.
In this case, all that is required is that you remove the rear cover of the television. Then, the WiFi module should be disconnected.
Once you have done that, you’ll be able to straighten the wires. You can do it with your fingers. That may fix the “LG Smart TV not connecting to WiFi” error.
Mentioned below is how to do it:
- Remove the screws that are located at the back of your TV unit.
- Locate the WiFi module as well as the ribbon-like one. It has a blue tape covering at the end of it.
- Now, remove the blue-color tape from the WiFi ribbon cable. After that, you can straighten the cable that has been folded over.
- In addition to that, straighten any other cables related to the WiFi module with care. That should be done if they appear to be twisted.
That may fix the “LG TV not connecting to the internet” error.
05. Switch to a Wireless Network That Has a 2.4 GHz Bandwidth
As per this solution, you should rename your WiFi hotspot. This is a pretty simple thing to try, and it has previously worked for some people.
It will be a decent solution if your LG TV is not connected to WiFi.
Then turn on your TV and connect to the 2.4GHz wireless connection.
To accomplish this, check the configuration of that WiFi connection. Then, rename your 2.4GHz and 5.0GHz WiFi connections using different names.
06. Check for the WiFi Network
First, be sure that all other devices at home get properly connected to your home WiFi. If none of those devices are connecting, it is unlikely that the issue is with your television.
In that case, you can create a mobile hotspot on your mobile device. Connect it to the network and see whether it works without the “LG TV not connecting to WiFi” error.
Once you have done that, you should double-check if your WiFi login information is correct. You are supposed to check if your television is attempting to establish a connection with the correct network. Also, you should check the accuracy of your password.
Also, verify if your router comes with the maximum connections per channel configured in its settings. Do you see that the respective number exceeds the maximum number? If so, your LG TV won’t connect to WiFi.
So, you should turn off any other devices you aren’t currently using. For instance, disconnect your Xbox. Then, you should see if that makes a difference.
07. Turn off Your TV and Turn It on Again
Perhaps, turning off your TV and turning it on again can be a practical idea to fix this issue.
The “LG Smart TV not connecting to WiFi” error may be solved for some users. Restarting, indeed, is more of an overused method.
On top of that, you should note that modern televisions are hardly equipped with a “hard reset” button.
So, to hard reset the TV, you should unplug your television from the power outlet and wait for a few minutes. That will restart the TV. With that said, this is one of the easiest fixes.
08. Try to Unplug Your TV
Here’s another simple and viable solution to perform when your LG TV is not connecting to the internet. Many individuals have found this method to be very effective.
As per this method, you are supposed to unplug your television directly from its power outlet.
Then, wait approximately a minute, and then you can plug the device back in.
These steps will do power recycling on your TV unit. As a result, you may see that the issue is fixed.
09. Plug an Ethernet Cable
Do you find everything working properly between the router and the TV? And you still find your LG TV won’t connect to WiFi?
In this case, you should try to reestablish a connection between the TV and router.
This method has worked with many individuals.
10. Restart the Router
Restarting the router is another simple solution if your LG Smart TV is not connecting to WiFi.
If you keep the router switched on for a long period, they may experience some connection issues. Sometimes, everything will get back to normal with a power cycle.
So, you should ensure that other devices connect to the same router without trouble. If you cannot connect to any other device, there’s something wrong with the router.
To fix it, follow the steps below:
- Switch on the router and find the reset button.
- Then, you should press the reset button, probably with a paperclip, and hold it for 30 seconds. Please note that the duration may vary based on the router model.
- Once the reset button is released, the router should get switched on.
- If the TV or other devices fail to establish a connection, you may consider replacing the router.
11. Reset the LG TV
Is your LG TV not connecting to the internet yet, even though you have followed the above-mentioned steps? It may be due to a technical problem with your TV.
So, to resolve the problem, you should restore your television to its factory settings.
The steps to that process are described below:
- Select All Settings and choose General from the Settings menu. It is found on your LG TV remote. You can just start it by pressing the Settings button.
- You should locate the “Reset to Initial Settings” option from the drop-down menu and click on it.
- Now that you have confirmed the reset go through the initial setup on your television.
- You can go to the option labeled “Connection settings.” Then, see if you can connect to your wireless network there.
12. Update Its Firmware
If you fail to succeed, updating your LG TV’s firmware is the last resort.
You can fix many glitches by updating the firmware to the latest version.
When your LG Content Store is not working, here are the reasons and the top solutions.
Well, at least one of the above solutions should work if your LG TV does not connect to WiFi.
Do you know other fixes to try if your LG TV not connecting to the internet? Please share your knowledge with us.
1 thought on “Troubleshooting: LG Smart TV Not Connecting to WiFi – How to Fix It”
Thank you so much. The unplug for one minute from the electric source reset the TV in record time!