When your Hulu is not working on a mobile phone or Windows PC, you are likely to be so upset. However, you don’t have to worry much because we can explain how to overcome it.
In other words, you can consider this article a complete guide to fixing Hulu connection errors. The best thing is that these solutions will fix Hulu connection issues in less than ten minutes. So, just go ahead and read it on.
Codes That Relate to Hulu Connection Issues
Those who use this streaming service claim that various error codes pop up in many instances. All those codes signify a specific error.
In other words, each of those codes is unique. So, finding those codes and applying solutions is important. First, let’s take a look at those codes before proceeding.
- 500 Error
- Error Code 400
- Error Code 5003
- Error Code 3 and 5
Also, there are many other errors with unique error codes.
So, let’s go ahead and find out how to fix Hulu connection issues related to the most common codes.
PS: if you are experiencing the issues like Hulu not working on Samsung Smart TV or Hulu error 94, here are the top solutions for you.
Hulu Not Working on Mobile Phones & Windows – Top Solutions
In the event of Hulu connection errors, there are several solutions you can try. So, let’s go ahead and learn what those solutions are. We hope at least one of these methods will help if Hulu is not working on your devices.
Also, let’s figure out how to turn on closed subtitles on Hulu easily.
01: Perform a Power Cycle on the Modem or the Router
In this case, just assume that the issue is with your connection. So, first, please perform a power cycle on the modem or router. In fact, this method will fix any errors in your system.
- Determine where the router or modem is located.
- If the device has a button for power, press it to switch it off.
- If this is the case, pull its power cable to turn it off.
- Wait for approximately two minutes, and then turn it on again.
What this accomplishes is that it updates the path that your router takes to the internet. Furthermore, it deactivates the connection that connects your device to your router. This will fix Hulu connection issues in most cases.
Besides, if you are facing the Hulu error code P-TS207, this guide you should check out.
02: Restart the Machine
If the above doesn’t solve any Hulu connection issues/errors, you can restart the respective gadget. Then, you should turn it on once again. Mentioned below is how to fix that error.
- If it’s a PC, smartphone, tablet, or laptop, you should wait after turning it off. In fact, you should wait at least two minutes after switching the device off. You can turn the device on after that to refresh all the apps.
- If you use a TV, on the other hand, disconnect the unit directly from its network connections. Also, you should switch the same off. Then, you should wait for five minutes or so before turning it on once again. Reconnect the device to the networks once again.
This process will fix Hulu connection errors in many cases. The method is absolutely simple, and therefore, there’s no harm in trying it before complex solutions.
Many people believe that rebooting the gadget will not be of any help in this situation. However, it has been demonstrated in the past to be effective in resolving minor and significant technological challenges.
03: Clear Its Cache & Data
One probable reason for you to be receiving that specific error message is that your data has been corrupted. Because of that, the only thing you will do is delete the cache as well as the data.
So, choose the program and delete the cache linked to it, and mentioned below is how to fix Hulu connection issues by clearing the cache and data.
Please note that the methods might differ based on the type of device you use. That’s why the steps related to each type of device are mentioned below.
For Android Devices
- Go to the option called “Settings” to proceed.
- After that, choose “Apps.” Then, scroll the screen down to see the app in which you intend to clear the cache.
- Go to “Storage.”
- Then, you will be able to see an option called “Clear Cache” & “Clear Data.”
- First, you should press the respective app and hold it to proceed with this method.
- You will see an “X” button. Just tap on it to uninstall it.
- Once the uninstallation is completed, you can reinstall it simply by downloading the same app. To do that, go to your App Store.
Check if the Hulu connection error is fixed now.
- Look for the Hulu application located in the applications on your computer or laptop.
- Click on the Advanced Options button, which will bring you a range of options.
- From there, simply press the Reset button. This will clear all previously cached information from the program.
04: Check if the Hulu App is Running Its Latest Version
It has been reported that the VOD software does not operate properly if the edition is not updated. This error has been reported many times.
So, you are supposed to follow the below-mentioned steps to ensure that you are working with the latest version.
- First, you should visit the App Store or Google Play Store to download the app.
- Find the app on your device.
- Double-check that it is the most recent version. Alternatively, it will provide you with the opportunity to update it properly.
If it has been updated, the message will simply read, “Open.”
05: Perform an Update on the Device’s OS
The next option is to perform an update on your device’s OS. Performing a power cycle or a restart on the internet connection and rebooting your device is required initially. After that, performing a clear cache & data operation is required.
Once you have done that, ensuring the program is in its most recent version should be done. You should ensure that the OS is up to date as well. There have been cases when some apps have failed to run properly because the device’s OS is not updated.
On Android Devices
Please follow the steps mentioned below for Android users and update the OS to fix Hulu Connection Issues.
- First, go to the option called “Settings” to proceed.
- Then, you should locate the option called “Software Updates.”
- Then, you should see that it scans for potential updates.
- If there’s an update, you can install it.
For iOS Devices
- Go to “Settings” and choose “General.”
- Then, select “Software Update.”
- If it is already updated, you can see the notification.
- If not, you should install the update.
Apple also comes with a feature to perform Automatic Updates. This will send you an email whenever a new version of your software becomes available. Assume that it has been activated on the phone. In that case, you will not have to bother about keeping your OS updated.
Perform a Restart
As the final step, you should restart the device. Basically, it refreshes all software on the phone and the operating system. You will now be able to resolve all of the Hulu connection issues because of that.
06: Perform a Reinstallation
What should you do if you’ve tried all we’ve suggested and you’re getting that prompt? The next step is to remove and reinstall the app, as you’ve already deleted all the cached & data. Also, you have restarted everything; you should restart everything.
For Android & iOS Devices
- First, you should launch the apps section and choose which app you intend to uninstall.
- Then, press on it and hold until you see the option called Uninstall on Android. If it is an iOS device, simply hit the “X” key.
- Go to your system’s control panel.
- After that, go to Programs & Features.
- Now, you should find the option called “Hulu” from the existing list to proceed. Then, hit the option called “Uninstall.”
- Once that’s done, just reinstall the “Hulu” app again. After that, the Hulu connection errors will be gone.
Conclusion on Hulu Connection Errors
So, that’s what you should do if your Hulu is not working on Android & iOS. We hope that this guide will fix Hulu connection issues in no time and get you back on track.