Roku is a great way to watch all your favorite TV shows and movies. It has a large selection of apps, including Netflix and Hulu Plus.
However, at times it can malfunction and disturb your entertainment. This is precisely where restarting can help.
Sometimes you need to restart the Roku TV in case you experience some technical issues, or the screen gets frozen.
Restarting a Roku TV is easy and can help with many problems and ensure your TV is running at top performance.
In this article, you will learn the most straightforward ways about how to restart Roku TV.
5 Ways to Restart Roku TV
You will need to restart your Roku TV if:
- You are having problems with your Roku.
- You want to reset your Roku device or the device settings.
- You want to start over with a new account or factory reset on your device.
There are several methods by which you can restart your Roku TV. And some of the best ways you can do that are by using the TV home menu settings, the Roku TV remote, and the Roku mobile app.
You also restart your Roku TV by unplugging the power cable and through a factory reset. Thus, you can restart your Roku TV with or without its remote.
Well, now, without delay, let’s look at all of the mentioned ways to restart the Roku TV.
Besides, have you decided to watch AEW Dynamite without cable? If yes, this guide is for you, as here you will learn how to watch AEW without cable.
1. Restart using the TV Home Menu Settings
Press the Home button on your remote when you’re on the home screen. Use your directional buttons to navigate across the bottom of your TV screen. And then select Settings. Select System from this menu. Then scroll down until you see a restart option. Select OK to restart it immediately.
Or choose a dialog box that offers other options like turning off features like wireless connectivity for this restart only. We recommend leaving these features enabled.
Also, if your ‘Roku remote not working,’ needless to say, how frustrating it can be. So, learning how to fix it ASAP is vital for any Roku user. Let’s Fix it Now.
2. Restart using the Roku TV Remote
The easiest way of how to restart the Roku TV is through the Roku TV remote. To restart your Roku TV using the remote, Press Home on your Roku remote.
After doing this, hold the Home button for 7 seconds until you see a message on the screen that says, “Please wait.” Then, release the Home button.
If you have an older model and cannot access this menu, try resetting it. You can reset by pressing and holding both buttons at once for 15 seconds or until you hear a beep from your device and see it turn off. Then follow these steps again to complete the restart process.
In addition, if you wonder, ‘can you use Roku and Firestick on the same TV,’ here, you will figure out how to do it with ease and the difference between them.
3. Restart using the Roku App
Restarting your Roku TV using the Roku mobile app is easy and takes no more than a minute or two. For example, if you have an Apple device, go to the App Store on your phone and search for “Roku.”
Then download and install the app. You can also use this process if you’re trying to restart another type of smart TV, like an LG or Samsung device. You can search for those brands in either store and download their respective apps as well.
Once installed, open up your new app on one of these devices; we suggest starting with an iOS or Android device. And enter your credentials when prompted by the login screen on either platform. You may need to create a user account first.
This will allow users access to their accounts, where they can manage content across all connected devices. You can also organize menus within apps available within each service provider’s ecosystem. Like Netflix, and update firmware versions whenever necessary as well!
You should definitely try this method of how to restart the Roku TV if all fails with the TV menu settings and remote.
By the way, if you are bothered because Hulu on Roku is not working, here’s a must-read guide on how to fix ‘Hulu not working on Roku.’
4. Restarting by Unplugging the Power Cable
To restart your Roku TV by unplugging the power cable, unplug the cable from the back of your TV. Wait for at least 30 seconds before reconnecting it to ensure all data from memory is cleared.
When you have finished this process, wait for your TV to start up again. And then launch any app or service that wasn’t responding. This has to be the quickest method for how to restart Roku TV.
FYI: No doubt you might raise concerns if your Roku audio is out of sync. So we list the 11 best solutions for you to fix this issue as soon as possible.
5. A Complete Factory Reset to Restart Roku TV
The factory reset process is simple and takes just a few minutes. Using your remote, navigate to Settings on the Roku TV home screen. If you don’t know where it is, press Home once.
And then press right on your directional pad until you see Settings in the right corner of your screen. From there, it should be easy enough to find!
After choosing Settings from above, scroll down until you see “Advanced System” at the bottom of this menu. Select Advanced System by pressing OK. Or Select your remote control or tap A on your phone or tablet’s keyboard if using one for navigation purposes only.
After selecting Advanced System, you’ll be presented with another screen. There are two options: a Reset to Factory Defaults option and a Restore System option. You want to choose the first one.
This option will reboot your Roku TV and restore it to its factory settings like when you first bought it! You’ll have to set up everything again (including logging into your Roku account). But that’s all part of the fun!
What Happens After a Factory Reset?
When you perform a factory reset, all of the data on your Roku device will be cleared. This means that any channels that you have added and any other customizations or settings will be lost.
This is one main reason why many people like to avoid this method for how to restart Roku TV. But it is for sure the most effective way to restart your Roku TV.
If you have removed a channel from your Roku device but still want to use it again in the future, then perform a factory reset. Performing a factory reset may be helpful to clear up space so that the channel can be downloaded again with ease.
If you have forgotten your PIN or want to change the one currently set on your Roku device, then a factory reset can be helpful.
All of the PINs and passwords for your channels and services will be erased so that new ones are created. This makes it much easier in case someone else has access to your account info and wants to use it themselves.
What to Do After a Successful Restart?
Once you’ve successfully restarted your Roku TV, after following our ways of how to restart Roku, there are a few things you should check.
- The first thing you should do is make sure that the power cord is plugged in correctly and that there isn’t a power outage.
- Make sure your Roku is connected to the internet. This will come up on the home screen after a successful restart. If it doesn’t, go into Settings > Network settings and make sure “Connect to network” is checked off.
- Make sure your Roku is connected to your TV. Your TV should have instructions for how this works (for example, if it has an HDMI port). In general, though, connect with an A/V cable or use Wi-Fi directly if possible. For example, if both devices have Miracast technology.
If neither of those options works for some reason, try another input source like Composite or Component instead of HDMI. Sometimes these switches will solve problems where one isn’t showing up on the screen. This can be due to compatibility issues with certain brands or models of TVs/Monitors/Projectors, etc.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
- How often should I restart my Roku TV? It is recommended to restart your Roku TV at least once every few weeks to maintain optimal performance.
- Will restarting my Roku TV delete my apps and settings? No, restarting your Roku TV will not delete your apps or settings. It simply refreshes the system processes.
- Why is my Roku TV freezing or experiencing performance issues? This could be due to various factors, such as accumulated cache, network connectivity problems, or outdated software. Restarting your Roku TV can help address these issues.
- Can I restart my Roku TV using the remote control? Yes, you can restart your Roku TV using the remote control by navigating to the Settings menu and selecting System Restart.
- What should I do if my Roku TV doesn’t respond after restarting? If your Roku TV doesn’t respond after restarting, try power cycling the device by unplugging the power cord, waiting for a few seconds, and then plugging it back in. If the issue persists, contact Roku support for further assistance.
We hope our article has helped you learn how to restart your Roku TV! With the Roku TV, there are tons of ways to restart your TV. Roku TV is a great way to get streaming content onto your television.
It has several benefits that make it a good choice for both beginner and more experienced users. If you have a Roku TV, it is crucial to know how to restart the device.
This will allow you to fix any problems that may occur with your device and keep it running smoothly over time. Good luck, and happy streaming!