Do you want to know how to download apps without Apple ID? Well, you are not the only one who wants to know this sort of a workaround.
In fact, we have received many requests over the past period about this matter. So, let’s go ahead and read everything about it.
If you are an Apple user, you have a unique Apple ID and a password. And you should enter those credentials when you download apps for your Apple Store. As you may know, you can download both paid and free apps.
Thanks to this specific feature, you can expect better security for the data stored on your device. However, it can be annoying to implement the process through your Apple ID, even when you download free apps.
Things can get exceptionally troublesome if you are using a complicated password that is hard to remember. But you don’t have to worry much about it; all you need is to go through the following content.
Solution 1: How to Download Apps Without Apple ID using Its Settings
In this section, we explain how to download apps without Apple ID using the “Settings” app.
- First, you should go to the option called “Settings.” After that, you can go to the option called “iPhone Settings.” Then, you should click on the option called “Touch ID & Password.”
- Now, you can enter the passcode. Once the installation is completed successfully, go to the page called “Touch ID & Password.”
- After that, you can see the options called “iTunes Store” and “App Store” are enabled. You should have them disabled. Then, tap the back icon. You can find it in the top-left corner. This will help you return to the “Settings” page.
- You can then click on “iTunes.” Then, go to “Apple Store.” After that, tap on the option called “Password.” You can see this option under “Apple ID.”
- You can then disable the option called “Password.” After that, you can try to download apps without any trouble.
To check it, you should find the App Store on your device’s main screen. Then, you should try to download any free app. To do that, you can hit the “Install” button. You will then be able to check if the downloading takes place. And that’s how to download apps without Apple ID using settings.
Solution 2: Use a 3rd Party Tool
The next solution is to use a 3rd party tool and download apps without using your Apple ID.
Make sure that you use a reliable, trustworthy tool to avoid potential malware infections. We list some of the best applications below for your reference.
01. TuTu Helper
TuTu Helper works just like the Apple Store, so you can download apps through that. This helps you download all the apps with no requirement of entering the credentials of your Apple ID. TuTu helper can be installed on iOS and Android devices.
Here’s how to use this tool if you wonder how to download apps without Apple ID.
- First, you should download the file called “plist” (a file related to TuTu Helper). You should download it on your iOS device.
- Once the installation is completed, you should open the “settings” app on your iOS device. Then, go to “General” and select “Profile & Device Management.” After that, you should tap on Trust so you can get the verification done.
- After that, you can use the app. You will then be able to search for apps that are available through TuTu Helper. In fact, you can install these apps without using your Apple ID.
02. iOS Emu
Here’s another tool that can be used to download various apps on your iOS device. With iOS Emu, you can download apps without using the Apple ID. Also, it doesn’t need you to jailbreak the device, so there’s nothing to worry about regarding the device’s warranty. This tool works just like Tutu helper.
One of the main advantages of this tool is that it offers options when downloading an app. But there is one huge advantage associated with this; there’s a possibility to install malware. So, if you consider tour data safety seriously, you should think deeply about installing this tool.
Besides, what if you enter your Apple ID only to find out that your Apple ID has been disabled? Is there a way to fix such an issue by yourself?
Solution 3. Download Apps Using the Face ID
The next solution is using Face ID. The most recent versions of iPhones let you use Face ID to log in without Apple ID.
And that eliminates the requirement of using Apple ID credentials to install apps on your iOS device.
So, let’s go ahead and learn how to use this feature. But before that, the Face ID feature must be enabled on your iOS device.
- First, you should open the App Store. Then, you should look for the app that should be downloaded. After that, you should click on “Install.”
- You can see all the app information toward the bottom of your screen. This includes the name of the app, Apple ID, and ratings. You should perform a double-click on the power button. And that will enter the mode called Face ID.
- Once the Face ID gets successfully verified, the app will get installed on the iPhone.
Solution 4: Jailbreak Your iPhone
Here’s another workaround for those who wonder how to download apps without Apple ID. However, before proceeding with this trick, you should reconsider all the risks associated with it.
Jailbroken devices will not carry the warranty anymore. Once the jailbreaking is done, you can install any app on your device with no restrictions. In addition to that, you can even install apps from third-party app stores if your device is jailbroken.
If you still want to go for a jailbreak, mentioned below are the things you should consider.
● Use a Reliable Tool for You to Jailbreak.
The best approach is to choose a tool that comes with a good rating from past users. So, do your research before downloading a jailbreaking tool.
● Create a Backup of Your iPhone
Everything on your iPhone will be erased as a result of jailbreaking. So, you must be smart enough to create a backup of the most important data the device may have. Such an approach is mandatory to prevent data loss.
● Restore Data from Backup Files That Are Available
You can restore data through the backup files that are available. Once the jailbreaking is completed, you will be able to retrieve all those files simply with those backups. You can use a backup file for that.
Solution 5: Sideloading Apps with Cydia Impactor
For those who are more tech-savvy, sideloading apps with Cydia Impactor is an option worth exploring. Cydia Impactor is a versatile tool that allows you to install apps on your iOS device using an IPA file. While this method requires a computer and a USB connection, it provides greater flexibility and control over the apps you install.
To sideload apps using Cydia Impactor, follow these steps:
- Download Cydia Impactor and install it on your computer.
- Connect your iOS device to the computer using a USB cable.
- Locate the IPA file of the app you want to install.
- Open Cydia Impactor and drag the IPA file onto its interface.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
Sideloading apps with Cydia Impactor allows you to bypass the Apple ID requirement and install apps directly from your computer. It’s important to note that this method may require you to trust the developer certificate before the app can be launched.
Solution 6: Use an Older iTunes Version
The next solution to consider is an older version of iTunes. With this method, you will never compromise the safety of your device. In this case, all you need is to install an older iTunes version, and you are ready.
Because of the various complaints lodged by users, Apple introduced version 12.6.3 of iTunes for businesses and individuals. With the help of this, you can easily install apps without the requirement of an Apple ID.
You can use the steps mentioned below to deploy apps with iTunes.
- To avoid potential data losses, you can launch iTunes and select “File” and “Export Library.” Once you have done that, you can extract data from iTunes and keep your data safe.
- Then, you should go to the official website of Apple and download version 12.6.3 of iTunes.
- After that, connect your iPhone to your PC and allow them to synchronize properly.
There’s no huge difference between iTunes 12.7 and 12.6.3. So, there’s no difficulty in using this application. Once you’ve installed this, you can access apps through the Apple Store, and you don’t need your Apple ID.
While Apple ID is a crucial component of the iOS ecosystem, there are ways to download apps without linking them to your personal Apple ID.
By exploring alternative app stores, using third-party app installers, sideloading apps with Cydia Impactor, or even considering jailbreaking, you can download and enjoy apps without the restrictions imposed by Apple’s ecosystem.
However, it’s important to be cautious, choose reputable sources, and understand the potential risks associated with these methods.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I download paid apps for free using these methods? No, downloading paid apps for free using unauthorized methods violates copyright laws and ethical guidelines. It’s important to respect developers’ work and support them by purchasing apps legally.
2. Will downloading apps from third-party sources compromise my device’s security? There is a higher risk of downloading compromised or malicious apps from third-party sources. Always ensure you download from reputable platforms and exercise caution when granting permissions to apps.
3. Can I use these methods on a non-jailbroken device? Yes, alternative app stores and third-party app installers can be used on non-jailbroken devices. However, for sideloading apps and jailbreaking, you may need to have a jailbroken device or follow specific instructions tailored to your device and iOS version.
4. Is jailbreaking legal? Jailbreaking itself is legal in many countries, including the United States. However, it may void your device warranty, and certain activities performed after jailbreaking could be considered illegal, such as installing pirated apps.
5. Can I revert the changes made by jailbreaking? In most cases, you can restore your device to its original state by performing a factory reset or updating to the latest iOS version. However, this process will remove all jailbreak-related modifications and applications from your device.