It’s needless to say that you will start to frustrate when your ESPN Plus is not working.
In fact, we have received so many queries about this error asking for a solution.
That said, this article comprises the most practical solutions to try if your ESPN+ is not working.
Know About ESPN+
It is true that ESPN+ is a U.S.-based subscription streaming service, and ESPN is a U.S.-based live TV channel. So, a user who simply has an ESPN+ membership may be unable to access ESPN.
However, ESPN customers can access both services through ESPN.com and the ESPN mobile app. ESPN+ can be purchased separately or as part of a package from services like Disney+, Xfinity, Hulu, etc.
The fundamental problem comes when a user is unable to access ESPN Plus material. When the user intends to access content through their official app or the website, the above issue can occur.
Also, users can experience this error on any device, including smartphones, TVs, PCs, laptops, and so on. Also, this issue is not exclusive to any specific device.
Besides, are you having trouble streaming HBO Max on PS5? Let’s figure out how to properly install HBO Max on PS5 and quickly fix common HBO Max problems.
Reasons for ESPN Plus Not Working
please find below some of the major reasons why ESPN+ is not working.
Also, is MLB TV free with Amazon Prime? If you are a baseball enthusiast who wishes to watch MLB TV through Amazon Prime, here is everything you should know.
● Outdated or Corrupted ESPN App
The “ESPN+ Not Working” error could be caused by an obsolete or faulty ESPN app.
This app prevents the execution of components related to ESPN Plus, making it incompatible with ESPN servers.
● Corrupt Cookies
Assume that your browser’s ESPN cookies become faulty. In that case, the server-client connectivity between your computer and ESPN’s servers may be disrupted.
Eventually, that will prevent ESPN Plus from functioning.
● Incompatible Browser Configurations
This issue could be caused by a browser setting. As a result, it prevents the official ESPN website from executing its code relating to ESPN+. For instance, it can prevent ESPN’s popup messages.
● ISP Restrictions
You will experience “ESPN Plus Not Working” issues due to ISP restrictions as well. Assume that your ISP is preventing communication between the ESPN server and the network.
So, your ESPN app or the website will not load as expected. As a result, you will experience various errors.
By the way, have you decided to watch AEW Dynamite without cable? If yes, this guide is for you as here you will learn how to watch AEW without cable easily.
Solutions to Fix ESPN+ Not Working
Mentioned below are the solutions to try if you are unable to access ESPN+ content.
Solution 1: Force Close the App
The ESPN app may have a momentary problem that prevents access to ESPN+ content due to malfunctions of components.
In this case, forcing quitting the ESPN app and then relaunching it could solve the problem. Mentioned below is how to do that.
- First, please go to “Settings.” After that, you will have to go to the “Application Manager.”
- After that, you’ll have to go to the “ESPN” app. After that, you will have to tap on the “Force Stop” option.
- Now, you should select “Confirm” so you will be able to complete the “Force Stop” function. After that, you should open the same app, “ESPN.” It should work fine this time.
If that solution did not go well, mentioned below is another option.
Solution 2: Cold Restart the Associated Devices
If your ESPN+ is not working, you can simply go for a cold restart to see if it works.
In this case, you should restart your phone as well as the router to accomplish this task successfully. Let’s learn how to do that.
- First, you should switch off your device (your TV, for instance). Then, you should unplug the power cord as well.
- Then, you should switch off your router. If any other devices are used (like a Wi-Fi extender), you should switch them off too.
- Wait for about 5 minutes, and then you should plug them back into the power cord.
- Then, switch on your router. After that, switch the device as well.
- Now, ESPN Plus should work correctly.
Solution 3: Update the App
An outdated app can often end up causing various issues. So, let’s go ahead and learn how to update the ESPN app.
- First, open Google Play Store. Then, select “Menu.”
- Then, go to “My Apps & Games.” After that, select “Installed.”
- You can then take a look at the section called “Update Available.” Go to “ESPN.”
- Tap on the option called “Update” if an update is available.
- Once the update is completed, just see if it works.
Solution 4: Log in to Your ESPN Account Once Again Through the App or Website
Assume that there is a momentary disconnect between your ESPN app and the servers. In that case, the ESPN Plus feature may be temporarily disabled.
In this case, try logging out and back into the ESPN app or the official website. As an example, we’ll talk about how to log out of the ESPN app if you use Android devices.
Mentioned below is how to do that.
- First, you should open “ESPN” on your device and go to its “Settings” option.
- After that, you should tap on the option “Log Out of ESPN Account.” Then, open the app again.
- Log in to the same app again.
- It should work properly now.
Solution 5: Clear App Data and Cache
When the cache files and app data build up in your ESPN+ app, it may lead to malfunction.
In that case, clearing up the Cache memory and app data can be the solution. Mentioned below is how to do that.
- First, please open the “Settings” app on your device and go to “Apps.”
- Then, you should open the “ESPN” app. Then, select “Force Stop.”
- After that, confirm, so the app will be force-stopped.
- Then, go to “Storage.”
- You can then tap on the “Clear Cache” option. Also, press Clear Data / Clear Storage.
- Confirm your action and clear the data.
The app should work fine now.
Solution 6: Clear the Cookies in Your Browser
The use of browser cookies is crucial for successful server-client interaction. The communication modules might fail to correctly query the servers of ESPN.
As a result, ESPN+ may not function if the cookies of ESPN in your browser are damaged. In this case, you may be able to fix the issue by erasing ESPN cookies from your browser’s preferences.
- Open the web browser of your preference and launch ESPN’s official website to proceed.
- Then, in your browser’s address bar, go to the icon that appears as a Lock. Then, select the “Cookies” option.
- After that, you should select cookies related to ESPN and then click on the “Remove” option.
- Repeat the same process to get rid of all the cookies related to ESPN.
- Relaunch your browser and see if you can access ESPN+.
Solution 7: Allow Popups from the ESPN Website
Allowing popups from the ESPN website is another solution to try if your ESPN Plus is not working. Mentioned below are the steps to follow to do it.
- You should open “Chrome Browser” and go to ESPN’s official website.
- Then, click on the “Lock” icon in the address bar. Click on its “Lock” icon and then proceed to “Site Settings.”
- After that, go to the dropdown associated with “Popups & redirects.” Then, you should select “Allow.”
- Then, you should relaunch your browser and see if the problem is resolved.
Solution 8: Reinstall the App
If you still experience the same issue, the next solution is to install the app again. In this case, you will have to follow the steps below.
- Go to “Settings” of the device and launch Applications.
- Then, go to the ESPN app. After that, you should force stop it.
- After that, you should clear the data and cache of the ESPN app.
- Then, uninstall the same app.
- Confirm your action and restart the device.
- Install the ESPN app again.
Solution 9: Reset the Settings of Your Browser
If the issue persists, you should reset the configurations of your browser to the defaults. Mentioned below is how to do that.
- Open the “Chrome” browser first and go to “Menu.”
- After that, select “Settings.” Go to “Advanced.”
- Go to “Reset & Clean Up.”
- Select “Reset Settings to Original Defaults.”
- Confirm the action.
- Open Chrome once again and see if ESPN Plus is not working.
Solution 10: Use a Different Browser
If you still see the same issue, just use a different browser. Download a different browser and open ESPN Plus through the same. Or, you can even use a different device.
Solution 11: Use a VPN
If none of the solutions have worked so far, try to access the content via VPN. Many individuals have succeeded with this method when it comes to accessing restricted content.
There is no shortage of reviews, but the best approach is to read the reviews before using one. If you choose a good VPN, you will be able to enjoy your ESPN+ content without lags.
At least one of the above methods should work if your ESPN+ is not working. As you can notice, there are several different reasons for your ESPN+ app to prevent from working properly. The solutions mentioned above can help you overcome such situations.
However, if you still have some issues, you may use a tool like the ReiBoot Repair Tool. Such a tool can repair your device’s OS and optimize it. ReiBoot is a very user-friendly tool that fixes OS-related issues quickly and easily.
Please let us know if you have other doubts about viewing ESPN+ content through their app or website.