If you wonder what can you do if Disney Plus not working on Samsung TV? In this article, we will look into some solutions that can help you deal with this issue.
Common Issues with Disney Plus on Samsung TV
Before we delve into the troubleshooting steps, let’s first identify some common issues users face when Disney Plus is not working on their Samsung TVs:
- Unable to launch Disney Plus: You may encounter a situation where the Disney Plus app fails to open or load on your Samsung TV.
- Frozen or buffering screen: When streaming content on Disney Plus, you might experience a frozen or buffering screen that disrupts your viewing experience.
- Error messages: Error messages like “Error Code 83” or “Unable to Connect” may appear, preventing you from accessing Disney Plus.
Now that we understand the typical problems, let’s proceed with the troubleshooting steps to get Disney Plus up and running on your Samsung TV again.
Besides, here, let’s figure out how to locate your Samsung TV power button and how to operate your TV without the use of a remote controller.
What Are Some Fixes You Can Try if Disney Plus Not Working on Samsung TV?
If Disney Plus is not working on Smart TV, here are some common fixes that can help you solve this issue. Some of them include the following:
1. Ensure the Samsung TV is Compatible with Disney Plus
The first and foremost thing you need to check is whether your Samsung Smart TV has the latest OS installed. As of 2016 and later, all the Samsung smart television sets are running on the Tizen OS. You can even visit the official Samsung website to check the operating system version and the year of your Samsung TV.
In case you have a model older than 2016, you will have to replace your television set with the newest make. Or, you could add a streaming device to it, which is a much easier and pocket-friendly option.
When it comes to streaming devices, you can use the Roku streaming stick or the Fire TV Stick. Both of these devices have received many positive online reviews. They are very easy to understand and use and work with all major streaming applications. These two devices are considered the best in the market today.
2. Switch It Off and On
In most cases, Disney Plus not working on Samsung TV is because of random television software glitches. Most software issues can easily be fixed simply by restarting the device.
The most common fix for solving the Disney Plus not working on Samsung TV issue is to restart the entire television set. But did you know that tapping on the remote’s power button does not actually turn the TV off? Instead, the television goes into standby mode, which means the device does not get restarted.
Here are two methods of restarting your Samsung television using your remote control. The first method is:
- Ensure the television is switched on. By switched on, we mean that it is running, not on standby mode.
- Tap and hold on to the power button of the remote control. The television set will turn off immediately. And you will have to keep tapping on it until the power resumes.
- Click on the Home button and try to open the Disney Plus app again.
- If you have restarted your device successfully, the Disney Plus app should start working normally again. Or else, you can try to restart your device manually.
To restart your television manually, you do not need your TV remote. This process remains the same for all TV brands and types, which makes it the only universal application solution in this list.
- Remove the power plug from the power source.
- Wait for a minute or two.
- Plug the TV back into the power source. Then, switch on the TV set.
- Try to use the Disney Plus app again.
As you can see, restarting the television set will reset everything about the TV, including the apps that are not working. In fact, most IT guys do stick behind the saying – did you try turning it off and then on?
Also read: How to fix my Samsung TV won’t turn on?
3. Ensure Your Internet Speed is Sufficient
Many OTT apps, like Disney Plus, Netflix, etc., are all dependent on the speed of your internet connection. If your internet connection is very slow, it is likely that your Disney Plus app will not work properly.
To check the internet speed of your Wi-Fi connection, you can run a speed test on your computer or mobile device. If the speed is fine, then make sure that your television is also connected to the same Wi-Fi network. You can also switch off the Wi-Fi option on other devices like your mobile and computer or stop any ongoing downloads.
For standard streaming quality, you will require at least 3-4Mbps, while HD streaming will require 5-8Mbps.
In case the internet speed is not up to the mark, here are some solutions that may come in handy:
- Restart your router (which we have discussed more in the next section)
- Minimize the interference between the TV and the router (like walls, etc.)
- Call up your Internet provider to check for the problem
4. Restart Your Wi-Fi Router
If you are facing the Disney Plus not working on Samsung TV problem, there is a chance that your local Wi-Fi network is not working as it should. If you want, you can try to debug all potential network problems.
However, the easiest method here is to restart your Wi-Fi network simply. Once your device restarts and connects with your smart TV, everything will be sorted out. You just need to do this once a month so that you keep getting the best Internet connection.
Before you proceed with restarting your Wi-Fi network, ensure that no one in your home is currently using the Internet. As you can guess, restarting the Wi-Fi router means that all the internet connections in the household will be shut down for 3-5 minutes.
Now, let us learn the most general method of restarting your Wi-Fi router:
- Switch off the power of the Internet modem and router and wait for at least 30 seconds
- Plug in the modem and the router and switch back the power on
- Reconnect with the Internet once the router and modem have booted up
After you have connected the television to the Internet, you can try running the Disney+ TV app. If your internet connection works normally, the Disney Plus not working on Samsung TV error will be solved. Additionally, it should also improve the speed of your connection. However, it will still not solve the underlying issue.
Also read: How to fix Samsung TV not connecting to WiFi?
5. Update Your Television Firmware
If you face the Disney Plus not working on TV issue, you could simply try updating the TV’s firmware. In most cases, the firmware gets updated automatically. However, there is also a manual option for the same. This can be handy if your firmware does not get updated automatically.
Now, let us look into how you can do so:
- Tap on the Home button of the Samsung TV remote control. Next, you need to click on Smart Hub.
- From here, head over to the Settings option. Here, tap on the Software Update tab.
- Once done, you need to click on the Update Now option. Now, the firmware will start downloading.
- Finally, simply follow the instructions you see on-screen.
Once the new firmware is updated, you can start the Disney+ app again. The Disney Plus not working on the Samsung TV error should be solved.
Also, in this DisneyNow vs. Disney Plus comparison, we intend to explain the most significant differences between the two for you to make a decision easily.
6. Install and Uninstall the Disney+ App
One of the simplest ways to get rid of the Disney Plus not working on smart TV error is to delete and reinstall the app itself. Doing this often cleans the cache, which will fix the app glitches.
Let us first look into how you can delete the Disney+ app:
- On your Samsung remote control, tap on the Home button, which will open the Apps menu.
- Here, head over to Settings and tap on the Disney+ app; next, tap on Delete.
Now, let us learn how to reinstall the Disney+ application back on your Samsung TV:
- On your Samsung TV remote, click on the Home button.
- Once a new on-screen menu opens, tap on the Apps option.
- Tap on the Search option and type down Disney+.
- Click on the Install option.
Once the app has been reinstalled on your TV device, you will be able to watch Disney+ without any problem.
Also read: How to fix YouTube TV not working on Samsung Smart TV?
7. Switch Off Your VPN
If you do not use VPN, then you can simply ignore this point. If you do not know what a VPN is, it is likely that you are not using one in the first place.
Most streaming services today utilize VPN services to block VPN traffic. If you are using a VPN network, you may face the Disney Plus not working on TV error.
In such cases, it is advised that you get rid of the VPN tool and restart your Disney+ or television set. Once done, you should not see the Disney Plus not working on Samsung TV error.
By the way, in this article, let’s figure out possible reasons why Disney Plus is stuck on the loading screen and the different solutions you can try to fix it easily.
1. Why is Disney Plus not working on my Samsung TV?
There can be various reasons for Disney Plus not working on your Samsung TV, such as network issues, app or firmware updates, or server problems. Follow the troubleshooting steps in this article to resolve the issue.
2. How can I check the server status of Disney Plus?
You can check the server status of Disney Plus by visiting the Disney Plus website or searching for “Disney Plus server status” on a search engine. Look for any official announcements or reports of server outages.
3. Do I need a fast internet connection to stream Disney Plus on my Samsung TV?
While a fast internet connection is recommended for optimal streaming, Disney Plus can work with a minimum speed of 5 Mbps. If you experience buffering or freezing issues, check your internet connection and perform a speed test.
4. Can outdated firmware cause issues with Disney Plus?
Yes, outdated firmware on your Samsung TV can cause compatibility issues with Disney Plus and other streaming services. Make sure to check for firmware updates regularly and install them when available.
5. How do I contact Disney Plus support?
You can contact Disney Plus support through their official website or app. Look for the “Help” or “Support” section, where you’ll find options to chat with a representative, submit a ticket, or browse the FAQ section for further assistance.
With the help of the steps mentioned above, you should be able to solve the Disney Plus not working on Samsung TV error.
This problem is very common. You should not get worried if you see this Disney Plus not working on TV issue. All the tips we have talked about above can help you solve this problem.